• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Sabans evidence that slowing down the game will result in fewer injuries? Does he even have any?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point to where this rule change would reduce the number of plays first. keep up.

No one knows at this point and its funny but there was three coaches in that room that had similar opinions but only two got mentioned...why? Probably because one is not a headliner name and his "opinion" doesnt get hits on threads or news articles. Its only the high profile names that sell papers(so to speak), Let a no name make a statement and it falls on deaf ears.

From all that I have read they asked Sabans opinion and wanted him to speak, he did so. It was more to the tone of doing a study to see if it truly impacts player safety and i can see his point as it makes sense. Increase in plays equals more chances to get hurt. I can also see the other side of the coin, spread it out and less impacts of large groups will happen. This is why he was asked to speak to the committee and it was clearly to get an interest in a study to see if it impacts player safety. One of the committee members even said that was what it was concerned with.

HTML:
"I feel very confident this had nothing to do with competitive advantage or disadvantage," Berry said. "This had 100 percent to do with player safety."

Until the study is done, no one knows how it will impact the game or if its needed, but atleast a few coaches are standing up and saying what others are clearly thinking also or it wouldnt have been talked about last year also in the rules meetings.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Sabans evidence that slowing down the game will result in fewer injuries? Does he even have any?

Of course not. But bama fans are certain that this would result in fewer plays and fewer injuries and Saban likes the change so it must be good and must be defended.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they do unless they want to expose themselves to a lawsuit but probably because you're closer to the program it feels this way. Even if they do it doesn't change the inaccuracies of the report.

Inaccuracies? What's you've done is question the report without reverting to looking at the data.:lame:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the thing, NO HE DOESN"T.
If more injuries were as prevalent as he claims, there would be lots of coaches talking about it.
But there isn't.

It would be an interesting discussion if there were evidence. Hell, if it were proof positive that it happens, heck yeah, lets try and fix it. Until then we'll just ridicule St. Nick.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has never claimed to have any, he equates the simple thought process of more plays can equal more possible chances for injuries. Does he have to have proof to have an opinion? His mindset is on player safety and he thinks a study should be done to see if this form of play is creating more injuries. Doesnt mean he is wrong, or needs proof, he is just one of many that want this looked into as it has been talked about at the rules meetings in previous years already. High profile names gets alot of attention, see if you can find some of the other names other than his and Bielema that have spoken out about this.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if anyone has ever been convinced to change their position on a sports message board or just continue to back stupid ass reports that a rational person would see and acknowledge? :noidea: I'm thinking no!

Has any message ever dripped with as much irony as contained within here?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me what this has to do with a report that everyone is swearing by that says there have been fewer injuries with faster (more plays) than slower (less plays) teams? Now follow me. I am saying this report is bogus because of hippa regulations, teams not reporting injuries, only using 15 teams each as sample size, classifying Auburn as a slow team in data and Penn st as a fast team in data, no way of knowing if non start was from practice injury or game injury, no way of knowing if he just chose te teams that would back is opinion. Now tell me how this report is still valid evidence to this discussion is my question. What does your post have to do with that? As you said, Keep up please.

who cares about that report. What type of offense did Auburn run 2012? Penn St.? YOUR point isn't valid because it's stupid. Even if the rule change would result in fewer plays per game - which it would not, according to bama fans - that report is the ONLY data presented in this thread. Your complaints about it are pointless - that's why they aren't being addressed. You are being basically ignored when you make nonsense proclamations and demands because everyone else is discussing the real issue of Saban whining about his inability to adjust to a changing strategic landscape.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has never claimed to have any, he equates the simple thought process of more plays can equal more possible chances for injuries. Does he have to have proof to have an opinion? His mindset is on player safety and he thinks a study should be done to see if this form of play is creating more injuries. Doesnt mean he is wrong, or needs proof, he is just one of many that want this looked into as it has been talked about at the rules meetings in previous years already. High profile names gets alot of attention, see if you can find some of the other names other than his and Bielema that have spoken out about this.

That's awesome but also a big joke. Does Alabama seem to have a problem with injuries or do they seem to have a problem with losing to teams with a hurry up offense?

It's no secret what Sabans opinion is on hurry up offense and how it negatively affects his game plan.
Alabama fans are bunch of suckers.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, NO HE DOESN"T.
If more injuries were as prevalent as he claims, there would be lots of coaches talking about it.
But there isn't.

It would be an interesting discussion if there were evidence. Hell, if it were proof positive that it happens, heck yeah, lets try and fix it. Until then we'll just ridicule St. Nick.

Because he spoke his mind. Imagine a world where we all kept to ourselves and no one had an opinion. This form of media would be wasted effort and the internet would not exist most likely. People like yourself would be an outcast because you have a slanted opinion with no proof to back it up. Let me ask you, do you know for a fact that Nick doesnt have numbers to show what he has spoken out on? Seems like you said matter of factly that he doesnt, so lets see that proof that he doesnt. Just because you dont see it in wrtiting here or on the internet doesnt mean he didnt prepare something formally for the rules committee. From what i read he just wants a study done, but thats just what i read and i am sure you have other sources that have told you something else, like maybe its all about him wanting an unfair advantage. Thats the beauty of the internet, anyone can print anything they like as many times as they like and eventually it will become fact.

Great line in a movie, " When the legend becomes fact, print the legend" Doesnt make it true, but its part of the lore at any rate.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFA injury reports, there are all sort of websites(mostly gambling ones) that report player injuries.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just pointing out what has been said in here about us always being butthurt and on the defensive, but the justification is there to support why. All i ask is that fans talk football and leave the Harvey Updykes out of it. No one on here is on that level, it took a special brand of crazy to make him and only one or two on here even come close(BamaTee not included in that group). Suggestion for all of you might be to put yourself in the shoes of the one you are attacking or making jokes about and get a sense of how you would feel if it was your team on the burner. There are those on here capable of making threads about a teams shortcomings or a coaches lack of ability to win, but why. Lets talk football and leave the personal shit to someone else.

Alright, fair enough. You just have to understand. If you have someone in your fan base with a history of flaming, that poster is going to get what he deserves. I recommend you ignore any post directed at that person.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he spoke his mind. Imagine a world where we all kept to ourselves and no one had an opinion. This form of media would be wasted effort and the internet would not exist most likely. People like yourself would be an outcast because you have a slanted opinion with no proof to back it up. Let me ask you, do you know for a fact that Nick doesnt have numbers to show what he has spoken out on? Seems like you said matter of factly that he doesnt, so lets see that proof that he doesnt. Just because you dont see it in wrtiting here or on the internet doesnt mean he didnt prepare something formally for the rules committee. From what i read he just wants a study done, but thats just what i read and i am sure you have other sources that have told you something else, like maybe its all about him wanting an unfair advantage. Thats the beauty of the internet, anyone can print anything they like as many times as they like and eventually it will become fact.

Great line in a movie, " When the legend becomes fact, print the legend" Doesnt make it true, but its part of the lore at any rate.

you talk a lot and say absolutely nothing
"he spoke his mind"
well no shit.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they do unless they want to expose themselves to a lawsuit but probably because you're closer to the program it feels this way. Even if they do it doesn't change the inaccuracies of the report.

The NFL does not fall under HIPPA. It is still a gray area for Colleges. More likely they fall under FERPA. HIPPA is one of the most misunderstood laws on the books. It is not well written or defined so most entities just wont released anything to be safe. Not to mention, players sign all kinds of waivers to allow the Universities to avoid lawsuits. You would think a 3 time lettermen would know about the waivers that are signed.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No! I'm open minded to say that's what I interpreted from what I read I don't really need data to back less than 1 percent and I'm not swearing by it. You are welcome to show me different, and if you do, unlike posters with this silly report, I will be glad to change my position. However, with all the posts made you have to show a lot of people changing their minds to even get over 1%. Good luck with that. I promise it's not a big enough deal to sidetrack. :suds:

You said it was a fact and you brought it up. That puts the burden on you to prove it, not me.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome but also a big joke. Does Alabama seem to have a problem with injuries or do they seem to have a problem with losing to teams with a hurry up offense?

It's no secret what Sabans opinion is on hurry up offense and how it negatively affects his game plan.
Alabama fans are bunch of suckers.

Depends on the year I guess. Funny that we played a few hurry up offenses in 2009 and didnt lose a game. Played a few in 2010 and lost a couple, won a couple. Played a few in 2011 and won more than we lost. Played a few in 2012 and won more than we lost. Played a few in 2013 and lost two games. Not like Bama is losing to every HUNH team it plays and matchups do have alot to do with it.

I have never seen one thing quoted by Saban as that type of offense negatively affects is gameplan. I have seen where he has stated it could be a player safety issue and it stands to reason based on number of plays and more chances to get hurt. Increase the plays, increase the odds of an injury, its simple numbers.

I would love to fany poster on here to show me in print where Saban has ever been quoted as saying a style of play negatively affects his gameplan. I need so "proof", since that word keeps getting thrown around so much. Prove to me with words from his mouth that this is his reason for not liking this style of play, otherwise its just an opinion with no basis for fact.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL does not fall under HIPPA. It is still a gray area for Colleges. More likely they fall under FERPA. HIPPA is one of the most misunderstood laws on the books. It is not well written or defined so most entities just wont released anything to be safe. Not to mention, players sign all kinds of waivers to allow the Universities to avoid lawsuits. You would think a 3 time lettermen would know about the waivers that are signed.

Only if they spend the time to read and understand the waivers. :rollseyes: