• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be the most overused ridiculous phrase on these boards. Every single person is going to defend their team or coach when being attacked so I guess we should just create a template button with that phrase and we can just push it when posting on a thread cutting down a particular coach and/or team! We certainly see it enough when a thread is attacking a team/coach. The good thing is Alabama and Saban is obvious the King of college football and so popular they get this kind of feedback!

Maybe I should start a thread about the asshole Bo Pelini and how pitiful Nebraska football has been for what now? About 12 years? :whistle: The man just looks goofy. When was the last time they won anything? Nebraska fans shouldn't even be able to comment on Alabama! Are they still playing major college football, and btw, what conference are they even in now? Then I could sit back and see if Nebraska fans come and defend their program then hit my template button to all Husker fans posting that says "this sure struck a nerve with butthurt Cornhole fans!" :noidea:

Nah. they all know their team sucks ass, they wont defend it either.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta laugh at that response.

Nobody's posted data, blah, blah, blah.

Post data. It's wrong, I tell you it's wrong.

Here's the simple explanation which you will dismiss. Rested players hit harder and play harder than non-rested players. When a rested player hits a tired player there is an increased chance of injury.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban never should have said anything. Not because he isn't free to express his opinion, but because of the backlash that 'Bama is receiving over it. Saban could have said: "I don't care if they change the rule or not, we're going to beat these teams anyway" and there would still be some backlash against 'Bama because they have been on top of the college football world for the past several seasons and the rule appears to favor their style of play.

The fact that Saban has advocated this rule change and was present at the meeting where it was voted on makes it worse. "Heavy is the head that wears the crown".

As for 4d20 and "real football". "Real football" has always been played thusly: I coach my team to the best of my ability and you coach your team to the best of your ability. We then have a game. If your team wins, I have to make adjustment in scheme, type of player I recruit or both. When my adjustments work and my team wins, you then have to make the same adjustments.

That's how "real football" has been played since the invention of the game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell, what people don't care for is Saban using player safety as a reason to change this specific thing, and not other things that could improve player safety. Has Saban provided any evidence of this cause and affect? or is it just a gut feel? common sense tells you that more plays will cause more injuries, but maybe it doesn't. The only report I have seen in this thread says it's the opposite.

With Saban using this 'gut feel' to justify his stance, it's not strange that people in general have a 'gut feel' that he's just being a whiney bitch. No evidence to support either.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. they all know their team sucks ass, they wont defend it either.

Well you're probably right but most passionate fans pull for their teams and become close to those teams over a long period of time and it's like a family. I can say something bad about my team but you better not. The difference is most of us know this and to ridicule a fan base for defending their team/coach is classless.

If you go back and read this thread 95% of it is personally attacking Alabama fans,coach or team. 5% is discussing the rule and trying to make valid points. That should tell you something! :rollseyes:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're probably right but most passionate fans pull for their teams and become close to those teams over a long period of time and it's like a family. I can say something bad about my team but you better not. The difference is most of us know this and to ridicule a fan base for defending their team/coach is classless.

If you go back and read this thread 95% of it is personally attacking Alabama fans,coach or team. 5% is discussing the rule and trying to make valid points. That should tell you something! :rollseyes:

:lol:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an educated man and maybe you believe anything and everything someone goes out, copies and pastes, but I don't. It's pretty easy to change anything you copy/paste to fit your argument or paste something that is not backed by the relevant data.

Read this slowly and a few times so you might understand. There is absolutely NO WAY that more plays lead to less injuries over time! Do you understand that? Do you get it? Is it simple enough for you to comprehend? No way! No how! If you combine two seasons of data and compare the injuries to one season guess which season will have more injuries? You want to know why? Maybe just maybe there were more plays. Now in one given season it could be the other way but over time it wouldn't even be close so take your fellow shorthorn buddy Codaxx and shove the data. It's the most ridiculous evidence I've seen! :suds:

What is inaccurate about the data? It is simply the raw data. It could be because many up tempo teams rely on short pasding schemes. Slower teams rely on power I. HUNH teams generally spread the field out, so there are less pile ups. There is probably a few things going on that explains the data. I would suggest you look at that, instead of burying your head in the sand

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell, what people don't care for is Saban using player safety as a reason to change this specific thing, and not other things that could improve player safety. Has Saban provided any evidence of this cause and affect? or is it just a gut feel? common sense tells you that more plays will cause more injuries, but maybe it doesn't. The only report I have seen in this thread says it's the opposite.

With Saban using this 'gut feel' to justify his stance, it's not strange that people in general have a 'gut feel' that he's just being a whiney bitch. No evidence to support either.

At least this post is trying to address the true issue on here! However, you've fallen victim to all the propaganda being slung around in here that hasn't addressed the issue. All the other was only meant to attack. Saban never said it was truth, gut feeling or anything like that. He was questioned after Alabama beat Ole Miss, who runs the HUNH, and he said, it is what it is, but he prefers the other way and maybe the committee should look into this issue and decide if this is the direction they want football headed. It also seems to him that there might be a safety issue because tired players are playing more plays. He didn't say it with great passion. He said it in his usual slow monotone interview voice. That was it! He never brought it up again unless asked in a press conference. He also would always answer it with I don't know, he just thinks they should review it since player safety has become such an issue these days. Wow, what an ass!!! How dare him!!! If that one comment after a win spurned all this than this man must be God, and yet called the devil (Satan) so often! :laugh3:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its well known that anytime an article on Saban or Alabama gets posted that it reverts to Fan bashing and Saban haters. I shrug most of it off as its usually haters or teams that havent won much of note over the last several years and are seeking to feel good about themselves by downing others. Then we have the teams who have shared a personal notch on their belts at our expense recently, this doesnt happen too often though as we dont lose very often, so only a few can step up and beat their chests.

As for them blasting Saban and his "opinion", I let this one go because its their "opinion" and it means about us much to me as any one elses. I put it into the "haters gonna hate" category and laugh it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's how this thread went down
1) People saying they don't like the proposed rule. Expressing their doubt about it's legitimacy and displeasure on how it was presented.
2) People doubting the coaches promoting that message, and thinks it's for other reasons than the ones that are stated.
3) Alabama fans coming to the defense of the guy sending the perceived bogus message.
4) Alabama fans trying to justify the message, but every other fan is not buying it.
5) Alabama fans resort to name calling and insults.
6) Alabama fans putting down the programs of other fans in an attempt to tell others to shut up.
7) Alabama fans getting their feelings hurt and defending their actions by saying people attack them and their team even though they brought it on themselves.

Did I leave anything out???

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) People saying they don't like the proposed rule. Expressing their doubt about it's legitimacy and displeasure on how it was presented.
2) People doubting the coaches promoting that message, and thinks it's for other reasons than the ones that are stated.
3) Alabama fans coming to the defense of the guy sending the perceived bogus message.
4) Alabama fans trying to justify the message, but every other fan is not buying it.
6) Alabama fans putting down the programs of other fans in an attempt to tell others to shut up.
7) Alabama fans getting their feelings hurt and defending their actions by saying people attack them and their team even though they brought it on themselves.

Best cliff notes ever

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is inaccurate about the data? It is simply the raw data. It could be because many up tempo teams rely on short passing schemes. Slower teams rely on power I. HUNH teams generally spread the field out, so there are less pile ups. There is probably a few things going on that explains the data. I would suggest you look at that, instead of burying your head in the sand

Somehow I don't see him taking up your suggestion.

However, I do envision him continuing to write about Bama bashing when no one is currently bashing Bama. :laugh3:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Second post in the thread

HTML:
So long positive legacies. Forever remembered as pussies now.

So much for the cliff notes, busted out of the gate.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 15 ‘Fast’ Teams in AQ Football 2012
Average Plays per Game: 81.2
Total Starts Lost to Injury: 88
Average Number of Starts Lost Per Team: 5.87
Average Starts Lost per Play: .072​
Top 15 ‘Slow’ Teams in AQ Football 2012
Average Plays per Game: 66.2
Total Starts Lost to Injury: 112
Average Number of Starts Lost Per Team: 7.50
Average Starts Lost per Play: .113​

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is inaccurate about the data? It is simply the raw data. It could be because many up tempo teams rely on short pasding schemes. Slower teams rely on power I. HUNH teams generally spread the field out, so there are less pile ups. There is probably a few things going on that explains the data. I would suggest you look at that, instead of burying your head in the sand

I've already read where you said the players are tired so don't run as fast and hit as hard yet everything I've EVER heard in all my sport years is being tired, fatigued, out of breath, shape, etc. is going to increase your odds for injuries? I almost got hurt falling down laughing. Intelligent people can justify anything!

Slower power up close hitting is going to create less injuries than full speed with distances between players. Ex: players get hurt all the time in punt and kick offs because players have more speed at contact. DB's and LB's running at full speed on short passes is going to create more blunt force than the other. Codaxx I will bet my life that taking any decent years of history more plays (HUNH) is going to have more injuries. With all those other factors or not! You would too except it goes against your position on this issue, so it aint happening!

BTW, safety is only one issue of all this. There is the issue of bringing defense back into the game. Don't tell me HUNH is the sole reason scores have significantly spiked over the years. There hasn't been enough teams or years this has been around to create that spike. It has been all the restrictions on defense and the loosening of rules on offense that has done more of the damage. Adding all that and no time to rest or substitute has just been a contributor!

This same committee is looking at recommending officials start calling the holding and downfield blocking when it happens instead of being lax with those rules since rule changes made them easier. That alone would slow down offenses more than any of this!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 15 ‘Fast’ Teams in AQ Football 2012
Average Plays per Game: 81.2
Total Starts Lost to Injury: 88
Average Number of Starts Lost Per Team: 5.87
Average Starts Lost per Play: .072​
Top 15 ‘Slow’ Teams in AQ Football 2012
Average Plays per Game: 66.2
Total Starts Lost to Injury: 112
Average Number of Starts Lost Per Team: 7.50
Average Starts Lost per Play: .113​

Although I could see it happening in a single year as an anomaly I would love to see where this information came from and go read it! Can anyone help or was it pulled out of thin air?