• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing that bothers me, say you're on the committee. Your the coach of a really small football program. You look up to the big-time programs' coaches, maybe even idolize a couple of them, base your style and strategies on theirs. Then, whoa, your hero/coach/mentor figure comes into the rules committee meeting, presto. That is pressure for you to push the agenda a certain way. I just think it's an uncomfortable situation. Why not put Saban, Rich Rod, Malzahn, Meyer,Strong, etc. on the committee instead? I mean if you're making possible changes, put the big boys in the game, because they are the ones who are going to be impacted the most.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing that bothers me, say you're on the committee. Your the coach of a really small football program. You look up to the big-time programs' coaches, maybe even idolize a couple of them, base your style and strategies on theirs. Then, whoa, your hero/coach/mentor figure comes into the rules committee meeting, presto. That is pressure for you to push the agenda a certain way. I just think it's an uncomfortable situation. Why not put Saban, Rich Rod, Malzahn, Meyer,Strong, etc. on the committee instead? I mean if you're making possible changes, put the big boys in the game, because they are the ones who are going to be impacted the most.

or maybe throw some talent their way on your quest to cut your way to 85:laugh3:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can have that shit because I think it makes the forums pretty low quality when all anyone wants to do is troll with the notion of trying to upset other people.

Have fun, I won't be around to watch it. I'll find something else to fill my time with.

achievement-unlocked-jimmies-rustled.jpeg

:yahoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FmPg4lrBKc]Santana - Winning - YouTube[/ame]

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on 4th. Every forum is gonna have some trolling. Especially during the offseason. Especially directed at successful programs.

Shit is low quality.

I could say shit like: The only reason these teams want to run the hurry up no huddle is because their coaches are too stupid to run any other kind of offense and/or their programs are so shitty they need these kinds of gimmicks to even begin to compete. That the only reason people are even worried about this rule is because they are worried their cruch is going to disappear and they might actually have to learn how to play real football again.

I'm sure I could "rustle some jimmies" by ignoring the actual arguments and constantly replying with shit like that, but personally that's the kind of forum I want no part in. And if that's the kind of shit people want around here, then this forum ain't for me. Because that's all this thread has been, this kind of stupid shit.

But hey, as long as it's only directed at a few people and only a few people are the ones that are being shit on, it's a'right.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irony is strong on this thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is low quality.

I could say shit like: The only reason these teams want to run the hurry up no huddle is because their coaches are too stupid to run any other kind of offense and/or their programs are so shitty they need these kinds of gimmicks to even begin to compete. That the only reason people are even worried about this rule is because they are worried their cruch is going to disappear and they might actually have to learn how to play real football again.

I'm sure I could "rustle some jimmies" by ignoring the actual arguments and constantly replying with shit like that, but personally that's the kind of forum I want no part in. And if that's the kind of shit people want around here, then this forum ain't for me. Because that's all this thread has been, this kind of stupid shit.

But hey, as long as it's only directed at a few people and only a few people are the ones that are being shit on, it's a'right.

crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-crying-gifs.gif

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is low quality.

I thought you wrote that you were done/down with this forum.

PissAnt. You were just setting us up for another session. Oh well, what else is dumb as a rock?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is low quality.

Hell, I thought it was only directed at 2 people. Saban and Bielema.

:noidea:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is low quality.

So you admit the rules are being changed to make it harder for certain teams and impede progress?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is low quality.

The fact that it's being passed off as a "safety issue" is all that needs to be known. Nothing could be further from the truth, therefore Saban is looking for an unfair edge, period.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to know how bad Saban gets in your heads and proof that this is nothing but a witch hunt on the king of college football? It's titled "Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule", yet only about 1 percent of the posts are directed at Bielema. Now I know I'll read all the reasons but fact is people want the champion to fall and looks for anything and everything to make that happen. Truth be told there isn't two people who care about the truth, they only care to dog Saban and try to bring him down. The majority of you don't even know what Saban really said and how often he has said it! Party on!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're dominating the sport, you want to keep it that way. Saban (and Beliema, because he's a slow it down kind of guy) have a vested interest in slowing down offenses. I don't see anything wrong with someone protecting his own, if you will.

But I do think everyone should see it for what it is, rather than a "protection" issue, which is ludicrous.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to know how bad Saban gets in your heads and proof that this is nothing but a witch hunt on the king of college football? It's titled "Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule", yet only about 1 percent of the posts are directed at Bielema. Now I know I'll read all the reasons but fact is people want the champion to fall and looks for anything and everything to make that happen. Truth be told there isn't two people who care about the truth, they only care to dog Saban and try to bring him down. The majority of you don't even know what Saban really said and how often he has said it! Party on!

Because everyone already hates Beilema. The fact those two are now associated with each other should be what upsets you the most. Everything said about saban in this thread applies to Beilema.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because everyone already hates Beilema. The fact those two are now associated with each other should be what upsets you the most. Everything said about saban in this thread applies to Beilema.

Plus there aren't any Arky fans defending the rule that has a lot to do with it.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn's defensive coordinator defends it.

"Ellis Johnson explains why hurry-up offenses are deteriorating the game

South Carolina defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson believes that hurry-up offenses are ruining college football. Johnson made some terrific points during a radio interview with Bo Mattingly.

Johnson said, “One thing that has gotten into it that I’ve been pretty outspoken, that I really think is starting to deteriorate some of college football is the hurry up offenses. There is nothing wrong a pace and speeding up the play on the operation side. I get that.”

“But what’s happening now with the rules is that you can snap it as soon as you want to or you can sit on it for 40 seconds, and there is no in-between.”

“Canadian ball is very fast-paced, but the offense can’t sit there all day long. They have a 20 second limit. The NFL cut it out with Buffalo in the 90’s, they kind of put some cold water on it a little bit with the Colts not too many years ago. What they realized is they’re taking the game of football and turning it into soccer or lacrosse. There’s nothing wrong with those sports, but that’s not football.”

"What it's about now is who can snap the football before the other team lines up. You can’t hardly get your players on and off the field. You can’t get your signals in and out. It’s become who has the best signal system or verbiage system. “

“Frankly, I don’t know what that proves except someone has a better verbiage package. It’s not about blocking, tackling, running, route running, throwing, and so forth. It’s something the college football world needs to look at.”

“It sounds like sour grapes right now, but there is not a balanced playing field. The chalk is always in one person’s hand. That’s what has made it the most difficult in the last several years in the world of college football coaching.”

The Gamecocks will play Auburn and Clemson this season, two teams that rely heavily on an up-tempo style of offensive football. East Carolina, Kentucky, and Mississippi State all have the ability as well to speed up the tempo."