• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think they would invite Malzahn, Helfrich, or Leach just for appearances. If you are going to change the game, you should probably get opinions from both sides of the aisle

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Im not stupid enough to compare the canes to bama right now. Weak approach on your part. The fact is, the sec is changing and its making saban look like a dinosaur in a hurry (and yes, that dinosaur approach still works....until the rules change). Whinning to the media all season, and finally the ncaa is bitch-like. Adapt and evolve like everybody else. His legacy wull forever be tarnished if this rule passes, imo. Whats the first thi.g that comes to your mind when you hear "woody hayes"?

And yes, he is the king of recruiting, but hes also a proven whiney bitch that wants cfb to adapt to him, because he cant adapt to its constant flux anymore.

Woody Hayes? Great Ohio State coach, very old school.

Before I go on let me state that I don't think Saban has a problem with HUNH. I think all the rules and that offense together is hard on any team but I think the main reason they lost a couple games to that type offense is because the other team played their ass off and still barely won! This crap about Saban and th HUNH is so blown out of proportion it's almost funny.

As for my opinion on the rule, it won't pass, and he will still kick team's ass and this will all be a mute point. But please don't confuse a few people in a sports message board as the majority of what they think of Saban. There are basically 5 to 8 people making all these posts in here. Not much of a census if you ask me on Saban's legacy? :noidea:

If they don't pass this rule do you think Bama won't win anymore and if they do continue to win games and championships what will you bitch about then? Because if they don't pass this rule and you believe Alabama will stop winning then I have some prime swampland for sale! :nod:

As for me mentioning your team being a weak approach, maybe you shouldn't be dogging my team and the coach? You say he whined to the media all year when in fact he made one comment! Wow! Again, I ask, 11-2 is a loser?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think they would invite Malzahn, Helfrich, or Leach just for appearances. If you are going to change the game, you should probably get opinions from both sides of the aisle

Nope than it wouldn't be a conspiracy! :suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coaches that have NOT publicly complained about uptempo offenses were there to discuss the rule changes? Zero. That's makes both Saban and Bret scum for trying to change the rules in a manner they think favors their style of play. It's unsportsmanlike and whiney. End of story.

you don't know shit except for they were there! You play judge jury and executioner often?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they were just auditing the meeting for fun. Do honestly believe the nonsense you post?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Hayes? Great Ohio State coach, very old school.

Before I go on let me state that I don't think Saban has a problem with HUNH. I think all the rules and that offense together is hard on any team but I think the main reason they lost a couple games to that type offense is because the other team played their ass off and still barely won! This crap about Saban and th HUNH is so blown out of proportion it's almost funny.

As for my opinion on the rule, it won't pass, and he will still kick team's ass and this will all be a mute point. But please don't confuse a few people in a sports message board as the majority of what they think of Saban. There are basically 5 to 8 people making all these posts in here. Not much of a census if you ask me on Saban's legacy? :noidea:

If they don't pass this rule do you think Bama won't win anymore and if they do continue to win games and championships what will you bitch about then? Because if they don't pass this rule and you believe Alabama will stop winning then I have some prime swampland for sale! :nod:

As for me mentioning your team being a weak approach, maybe you shouldn't be dogging my team and the coach? You say he whined to the media all year when in fact he made one comment! Wow! Again, I ask, 11-2 is a loser?

Feel free to look up what i post about my coach. And saban will keep winning. No doubt. Doesnt change the fact hes looking like a bitch.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to look up what i post about my coach. And saban will keep winning. No doubt. Doesnt change the fact hes looking like a bitch.

I said coaches who are winning. Miami will be fine once they recover all they've been through. Alabama went through it in the early to mid-2000's and it isn't fun playing short handed and with not the type recruits you usually get.

As for Saban looking like a bitch lets examine how we got here. Alabama just beat Ole Miss and all he said when interviewed was he thought we should examine the rule and play and decide if that's where we want football headed and wondered if it was safe. He followed that with he didn't know but it is something they might want to study. That is it! So that single statement makes him a whiny bitch? The only times he even would comment was when asked and he didn't say he was against it. He just said it might be a good idea to look at it. We live in a great society today, don't we? Wow!

CBS' Danielson Backs Saban's Comments About Hurry-Up Offenses "100%" - MrSEC.com | SEC Football News | SEC Basketball News | SEC Football Recruiting | SEC Basketball Recruiting

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash:

The bitching seems to be about the new proposed rule change. Can't I turn around and ask you the exact same thing? If rule passed offenses just need to adjust. Up to now the defenses have been doing all the adjusting! And really the comparison to the ND box, all white players and the forward pass? A little dramatic wouldn't you say? :L

How do you feel about all the changes with blocking,targeting,holding, hands off QB, 40 second clock that starts right away instead of 25 second clock started by official, or no chucking? All that was ok because it helped offenses? Now one comes along for the defense? Wow!

I can live with the targeting rule but it should be reviewable. The really good thing about it is it keeps players from leading with their heads which is very dangerous. I had to quit playing after my sophomore year because of a neck injury caused in practice because I lowered my head and went in way too hard. I'm lucky my neck just gets sore when it rains or if I'm forced to keep it in the same position for long periods of time.

I hated missing the last two years of my high school career but in hindsight I'm not in a wheel chair either so it was a good trade.

I also don't think kids should not play contact football until they are in the 7th grade and only on school organized teams where the coaches are required to take classes on proper technique and concussion education. I would also support rules that would stop kids from playing any kind of contact sports for a year after their second concussion.

I've coached soccer and basketball (basketball at the girls high school AAU level) and conclusions can be nasty things. Had one player that had to stay in a completely dark room for two days because of the pain and after effects.

My perspective on the targeting rule is probably a lot different than the average fan.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with the targeting rule but it should be reviewable. The really good thing about it is it keeps players from leading with their heads which is very dangerous. I had to quit playing after my sophomore year because of a neck injury caused in practice because I lowered my head and went in way too hard. I'm lucky my neck just gets sore when it rains or if I'm forced to keep it in the same position for long periods of time.

I hated missing the last two years of my high school career but in hindsight I'm not in a wheel chair either so it was a good trade.

I also don't think kids should not play contact football until they are in the 7th grade and only on school organized teams where the coaches are required to take classes on proper technique and concussion education. I would also support rules that would stop kids from playing any kind of contact sports for a year after their second concussion.

I've coached soccer and basketball (basketball at the girls high school AAU level) and conclusions can be nasty things. Had one player that had to stay in a completely dark room for two days because of the pain and after effects.

My perspective on the targeting rule is probably a lot different than the average fan.

I'm good with the targeting rule, but the penalty should be reverseable upon review, not just the infection.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew what was going to be here. I'm still developing my trollin/russlin technique and there's no better place than a Saban thread or maybe a Buckeye's thread for noobies like me to learn that talent. There are some great position coaches in this thread; many different styles of russlin' can be learned and developed here. Call it my spring practice. Gettin in shape for this fall.

I still think the rule is garbage though. :happy:

Well you can have that shit because I think it makes the forums pretty low quality when all anyone wants to do is troll with the notion of trying to upset other people.

Have fun, I won't be around to watch it. I'll find something else to fill my time with.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can have that shit because I think it makes the forums pretty low quality when all anyone wants to do is troll with the notion of trying to upset other people.

Have fun, I won't be around to watch it.

:wave:. Buh bye.....

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have fun, I won't be around to watch it. I'll find something else to fill my time with.

Come on 4th. Every forum is gonna have some trolling. Especially during the offseason. Especially directed at successful programs.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put my vote down that this is stupid.

Worried about players being hurt? blah blah blah.....

Saban is not worried about having players hurt, he routinely over-signs, gray shirts, has mysterious injuries that cause a player to leave the team. Saban crushes the hopes of many football players. Reference the Wall Street Journal for this story.

Saban is only worried about Saban. Come on Nick, just admit that this type of football is kicking your ass and if you can't win on the football field you are trying to win in the boardroom.

Beilema has much more problems to worry about than up tempo offenses.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really, the poster with 10+k posts and 25 vCash is calling it quits?

I don't buy into it.