• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still not answering the question. Why should the defense get a free chance to sub, if the offense doesn't see a need to? The defense finally getting a rule change is not a legitimate answer.

Romeo-
why anything? It is what it is just like any other rule change. Why should the QB know he won't be touched? Why should there be any play clock or why isn't it 25 seconds? etc. But if you have to have an answer because the offense is guaranteed one on every play!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize this would benefit every defense in the country, not just Alabama, right?

If a team just so happens to snap the ball at 31+ play clock seconds and scores a TD, and your team's defense is strewn all over the field, are you gonna say "hey, that would/should/could have been a penalty" or "our coach sucks at preparing our defense, might as well fire him now"?

Some of our coaches have adapted to this style offense and have coached and conditioned their defenses accordingly instead of whining for a rule change. There's a few coaches who either don't want to adapt, or don't know how.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or are the only people defending this proposed rule bama fans? Blind homerism?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo-
why anything? It is what it is just like any other rule change. Why should the QB know he won't be touched? Why should there be any play clock or why isn't it 25 seconds? etc. But if you have to have an answer because the offense is guaranteed one on every play!

The offense sets the pace. That's always been how it is. Deal with it. If you can't honestly answer the question "why", you have no business making a rule change. I don't work in shapeless generalities.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or are the only people defending this proposed rule bama fans? Blind homerism?

Blind is damn right. They honestly don't see it.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could it be becuase Saban made one comment sometime back and is now blamed for it? Also, could it have anything to do with Alabama being the king of college football the past 6 years and #1 recruiting class every year and it's human nature for people to want to knock the champs off the mountain? Thinking threads about other coaches and issues usually don't make it a page/

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be becuase Saban made one comment sometime back and is now blamed for it? Also, could it have anything to do with Alabama being the king of college football the past 6 years and #1 recruiting class every year and it's human nature for people to want to knock the champs off the mountain? Thinking threads about other coaches and issues usually don't make it a page/

Saban asked for an opportunity to meet with the committee to discuss this.
NCAAF Nick Saban voiced support of rule - ESPN

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of our coaches have adapted to this style offense and have coached and conditioned their defenses accordingly instead of whining for a rule change. There's a few coaches who either don't want to adapt, or don't know how.

You missed my point.

Critical game situation. Oklahoma up by 3. On defense. Texas driving. 4 minutes to go. Texas hurries up to the line on 3rd and short from inside the 10. Dline for the sooners are gassed, cant get lined up right. Stoops tries to sub, but Texas snaps the ball with 32 on the play clock. Runs a draw. Touchdown. Flag on Oklahoma for having 15 people on the field. Lose lose situation for the sooners. Texas wins by 4. Sucks for Stoops. His Dline could have held up to stop the run if his fresh legs had gotten in. Maybe force Texas to kick a FG. But no, they tried to sub within the 10 seconds, and Texas snapped it quickly, giving them a free play.

Oh well. 2 losses in a row for OU to the Bonghorns. If only that rule had gotten passed. That would leave a bitter taste now, wouldn't it?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense sets the pace. That's always been how it is. Deal with it. If you can't honestly answer the question "why", you have no business making a rule change. I don't work in shapeless generalities.

Defenses substituting was never an issue until now. They are looking at that issue. Deal with that. A defensive back use to could slobber knock a receiver when going for the ball; now they have to deal with the targeting issue. Because it is a generality in your mind does not make it a generality. :whistle:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point.

Critical game situation. Oklahoma up by 3. On defense. Texas driving. 4 minutes to go. Texas hurries up to the line on 3rd and short from inside the 10. Dline for the sooners are gassed, cant get lined up right. Stoops tries to sub, but Texas snaps the ball with 32 on the play clock. Runs a draw. Touchdown. Flag on Oklahoma for having 15 people on the field. Lose lose situation for the sooners. Texas wins by 4. Sucks for Stoops. His Dline could have held up to stop the run if his fresh legs had gotten in. Maybe force Texas to kick a FG. But no, they tried to sub within the 10 seconds, and Texas snapped it quickly, giving them a free play.

Oh well. 2 losses in a row for OU to the Bonghorns. If only that rule had gotten passed. That would leave a bitter taste now, wouldn't it?

Such is life.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont see anybody arguing whether its sabans fault or not. That would be reasonable. The proposal is stupid, top to bottom. Just seems only bama fans support it. And yes, bama will keep taking shots. Welcome to the top.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses substituting was never an issue until now. They are looking at that issue. Deal with that. A defensive back use to could slobber knock a receiver when going for the ball; now they have to deal with the targeting issue. Because it is a generality in your mind does not make it a generality. :whistle:

You're still not answering the only question that matters. For tge third time, why should the defense be guaranteed an opportunity to substitute I'd the offense doesn't? It's 11 v 11. Line up and play football.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought once the ref spotted the ball and blew the whistle the game was live. Been like that since inception. Like that is every sport, not sure why football needs to be the exception

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point.

That sounds like football right thar

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that change my point? And for the record Saban was asked to speak. I don't care how someone worded it when being interviewed. He turned it down once and he was asked again and accepted.

Read the article. It clearly says Saban asked for the opportunity to speak to the committee. So it wasn't just something he said in the past. He had his hands right in the middle of it right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought once the ref spotted the ball and blew the whistle the game was live. Been like that since inception. Like that is every sport, not sure why football needs to be the exception

Because we have to make it "fair" for saban.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such is life.

Easy to say when it hasn't happened yet. I guess its because OU is accustomed to taking at least 1 ass whipping per year. Point is, with the rule implemented, in a critical game situation, the defense could adapt without having to take a timeout or a flag.

NB4 45-31

It doesn't hurt losing to Oklahoma. But getting buttfucked by Baylor, that's embarrassing. I'd much rather lose to a team with some respectable history.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still not answering the only question that matters. For tge third time, why should the defense be guaranteed an opportunity to substitute I'd the offense doesn't? It's 11 v 11. Line up and play football.

Because the offense could at anytime they want. Just because they don't shouldn't prevent the defense from being able to without fear of ball being snapped. It's bush fucking league if one side of the ball is literally trying to run a play against the other side while they are subbing. Sounds like backyard football to me. I hear the argument our 11 against your 11. Well they only let 11 on the field so it comes down to interpretation. We could go round and round on this. If you don't think I'm answering your question, deal with it, as you say.