• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the offense cant fake a substitution, which makes perfect sense.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you do or want to do with your schlong is your own business, but it is probably not something for a sports chat room and hardly pertinent to the title of the thread

Sir, turn around and check your ass for a schlong. You may be butthurt. Go on about your business now... You're starting something that has no end. I'll leave it at that.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the type of reply Bama fans rely on. No facts or logic, just infantile nonsense. The fact that defenses can substitute mean nothing. The fact that the ref spots the ball and blows the whistle to announce that we are ready for play means nothing. Ref has no say, we will be ready 12 seconds after the last play. We dont care about injuries, because there is no evidence there. We really dont care about substitution either, because the rule is for every down whether or not substitution is attempted

I chalk it up to drunk from recent Saban success syndrome. Yearly over signing is explained away. They think they speak for the entire NCAA. Set all trends (bwhahahaha!!!). And now, we actually need to change the fucking rules to suit their style and gain max advantage on everyone else. And all the Bama fans continue to think everything out of Sabans mouth is gold.

Whatever....

At least Oklahoma pulling their pants down was a huge dose of humble. But appears they're already looking to change the rules to keep that from hurting their egos again.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chalk it up to drunk from recent Saban success syndrome. Yearly over signing is explained away. They think they speak for the entire NCAA. Set all trends (bwhahahaha!!!). And now, we actually need to change the fucking rules to suit their style and gain max advantage on everyone else. And all the Bama fans continue to think everything out of Sabans mouth is gold.

Whatever....

At least Oklahoma pulling their pants down was a huge dose of humble. But appears they're already looking to change the rules to keep that from hurting their egos again.

It appears to me you're willing to just throw just about anything out there.

First, which is it - you care about people changing the rules or you don't? Saban and oversigning is within the rules and so is the the hurry up offense. Personally I don't have an issue with rules changes, they happen all the time. But then I'm able to talk about the issue itself, rather than a general whine because rules are being changed.

Second, Saban rarely even talks about the issue and certainly has never raised the same concerns others here have. To suggest that we are somehow parroting what Saban has said just goes to show that you are butthurt by the general success of the program and want to throw dirt on it - because you sure as shit can't do anything about it on the field or even get in the same conversation.

Third, this discussion has been going on long before Oklahoma and you know that. But again since it was most recent and you are just looking to sling shit of course you want to throw it out there. Nevermind that it's a complete insult to Oklahoma for anyone to suggest that the HUNH was the reason for the Oklahoma win.

So you know what, if you want to sling shit at a superior program, be my guest. But don't be surprised when people start picking it up and shoving it back in your mouth.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears to me you're willing to just throw just about anything out there.

First, which is it - you care about people changing the rules or you don't? Saban and oversigning is within the rules and so is the the hurry up offense. Personally I don't have an issue with rules changes, they happen all the time. But then I'm able to talk about the issue itself, rather than a general whine because rules are being changed.

Second, Saban rarely even talks about the issue and certainly has never raised the same concerns others here have. To suggest that we are somehow parroting what Saban has said just goes to show that you are butthurt by the general success of the program and want to throw dirt on it - because you sure as shit can't do anything about it on the field or even get in the same conversation.

Third, this discussion has been going on long before Oklahoma and you know that. But again since it was most recent and you are just looking to sling shit of course you want to throw it out there. Nevermind that it's a complete insult to Oklahoma for anyone to suggest that the HUNH was the reason for the Oklahoma win.

So you know what, if you want to sling shit at a superior program, be my guest. But don't be surprised when people start picking it up and shoving it back in your mouth.

Indeed. I love how you don't even have to open one of these threads to know it's gonna be full of Bama hate (envy) from the usual suspects. Bama be rustling all over this board lol. :dance:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. I love how you don't even have to open one of these threads to know it's gonna be full of Bama hate (envy) from the usual suspects. Bama be rustling all over this board lol. :dance:

I knew what was going to be here. I'm still developing my trollin/russlin technique and there's no better place than a Saban thread or maybe a Buckeye's thread for noobies like me to learn that talent. There are some great position coaches in this thread; many different styles of russlin' can be learned and developed here. Call it my spring practice. Gettin in shape for this fall.

I still think the rule is garbage though. :happy:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen. This is the worst logic to use. Lets pass a screwed up rule, in order to make up for other bad rules in the past. Innovation has moved us here. Innovation will come on the other side of the ball and reverse the trend. Guys like John Chavis, Stoops, Patterson, and Strong have had success vs the spread. It is not impossible to stop it. You need to be multiple and innovative. SEC's issue with it is that it is relatively new to the SEC. Give them some recruiting cycles and a few yrs to deal with it and the tide will turn.

The spread is not a new thing to the SEC since Hal Mumme and Mike Leach brought it to Kentucky in the '90's and then Gene Chizik ran a spread with Cam Newton at Auburn when they won the National title back in 2010 and Malzahn brought it back when he was hired. Urban Meyer I think ran a type of spread at Florida and I know Hugh Freeze runs spread at Ole Miss.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.

If the game is slow. OU will find success.
If the game is fast. OU will continue success.

I'm just happy we don't have a coach who bitchs about such nonsense.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone show me one quote from this meeting where Saban pushed for passage or brought it up? Now watch all the answers come pouring in but not one answer to this question! All these posts are off one comment he made some time back and has never addressed it again unless asked. However, he is the evil doctor in his lab concocting this rule up! Grow up and give me a break! This is what happens when you are the king and people have too much time on their hands. People don't hardly notice what's going on with the Texas Rangers but they sure scrutinize everytime a New York Yankee shits!

I want proof! Show me the money, as they say! Lots of insinuations from both media and in here. You know what they say when you assume? Thanks for playing. :noidea:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.

If the game is slow. OU will find success.
If the game is fast. OU will continue success.

I'm just happy we don't have a coach who bitchs about such nonsense.

No, he just bitches about everything else! :whistle:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama lost a few close games to very good teams that played excellent in those particular games and all of a sudden Alabama can't stop these offenses? :L Go back and watch the execution of those teams in those games and tell me different. I guess it's nice when Alabama needs to panic when they don't win the National Championship? Glad they get another chance again this year! :yahoo:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The proposed rule change will not pass. It appears only a few coaches and fans of those teams support the change.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The proposed rule change will not pass. It appears only a few coaches and fans of those teams support the change.

That's why they play the game or in this case have a vote. We shall see, won't we?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. :whistle: That was only one of the things he's bitched about. :suds:

Well if stoops is that blind squirrel and Alabama is that nut stoops is three for three. :suds:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if stoops is that blind squirrel and Alabama is that nut stoops is three for three. :suds:

He's found a few other nuts too since he's the only coach who ever hit for the bcs cycle.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all boils down to Saban thinks he should be allowed to substitute freely on defense to wear down the opponents offense but a hurry up offense shouldn't be allowed to wear down his defense.