• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the offense could at anytime they want. Just because they don't shouldn't prevent the defense from being able to without fear of ball being snapped. It's bush fucking league if one side of the ball is literally trying to run a play against the other side while they are subbing. Sounds like backyard football to me. I hear the argument our 11 against your 11. Well they only let 11 on the field so it comes down to interpretation. We could go round and round on this. If you don't think I'm answering your question, deal with it, as you say.

Sorry, not buying it. The offense controls the tempo off tge game. That's always been the nature of tge game. Deal with it.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought once the ref spotted the ball and blew the whistle the game was live. Been like that since inception. Like that is every sport, not sure why football needs to be the exception

If it's not one thing it's another. Everything has to be the HUNH way or they cry. I've heard HUNH coaches constantly cry the officials aren't setting the ball quick enough. So even that is all wrong for that side of the argument!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not one thing it's another. Everything has to be the HUNH way or they cry. I've heard HUNH coaches constantly cry the officials aren't setting the ball quick enough. So even that is all wrong for that side of the argument!

It's part of the rules that the official must set the ball as quickly as possible. They just want the rules enforced. Not changed.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or are the only people defending this proposed rule bama fans? Blind homerism?

This. They know saban complained about. He went to the committee to propose the change. So they defend it because they think it reflects on their coach and team. It's stupid homer ism and they fail to recognize it.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's part of the rules that the official must set the ball as quickly as possible. They just want the rules enforced. Not changed.

You totally missed my point! HUNH teams are so tunnel visioned they think they are the one's running this game. The officials should mark the ball like the NFL does and the game follows their pace not the other way around!

So is it up to them whether the officials are fast enough, and if not to their satisfaction, make the officials run, and if not fast enough for them, run even faster? Seriously, no one can be that lost! :L

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive never seen those coaches cring like little bitches to the ncaa to compensate for their inability to adapt and innovate. :noidea: anybody can line up 5 star behemoths and win......until they cant. Saban the football genius thought he figured out something new.....until he didnt.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. They know saban complained about. He went to the committee to propose the change. So they defend it because they think it reflects on their coach and team. It's stupid homer ism and they fail to recognize it.
\\

Who doesn't support their coach (especially if he's a winner)? If Auburn's Malzahn ran a power pro style offense they would be calling for the defense to have the right to substitute along with the safety idea more plays mean more injuries (common sense people). You know you would!

Alabama's team has been built around defense for it's entire history. Maybe that has something to do with all the championships they've won? :noidea: And for the smart ass who is going to comment that we just claim them, any formula you use they have the most! Why would they not support this?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never seen those coaches cring like little bitches to the ncaa to compensate for their inability to adapt and innovate. :noidea: anybody can line up 5 star behemoths and win......until they cant. Saban the football genius thought he figured out something new.....until he didnt.

Saban didn't go to the NCAA crying. This shit is just getting more and more legs because his name is synonymous with college football and people are tired of him winning. So they stick every negative thing that comes along to him! As for your 5 star comment. Isn't recruiting a big part of the game? By the way, when did Alabama stop winning? The 11-2 campaign last year? Also, help me out please. Is your team big or small? I have no clue what Miami is trying to be? :noidea:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban didn't go to the NCAA crying. This shit is just getting more and more legs because his name is synonymous with college football and people are tired of him winning. So they stick every negative thing that comes along to him! As for your 5 star comment. Isn't recruiting a big part of the game? By the way, when did Alabama stop winning? The 11-2 campaign last year? Also, help me out please. Is your team big or small? I have no clue what Miami is trying to be? :noidea:

He asked to speak with the rules committee. That is an undeniable fact.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not sure which very similarly related thread I'm on...but can someone list or look at the names on this committee? Not one big-time, top 50-60 program. Shoot, I don't even know where or what some of these places/programs are.

They have zero reason to be determining the rules that the big-time programs will have to follow. There should be a new division 4 or whatever you want to call it, of the top64 or so programs, and they should be the only ones making the rules for big-time college football. Not talkin Western Baptist college, or Williams Mountain Football, etc.

And for Saban and Beliema to be sitting there, as non-voting participants, pushing their weight around with these small time voters, to get the rules to go their way. It's just giving me a bad feeling.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I deny it but then again I'm not depending on a statement that could easily of been paraphrased incorrectly in an interview. I know! :nod: I do live in Hoover (40 minutes from Tuscaloosa), did letter 3 years at Alabama and do know very close friends of Saban. I know. I know. I just committed a message board sin and am only making this stuff up. Believe what you want! You stick with your sources.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not sure which very similarly related thread I'm on...but can someone list or look at the names on this committee? Not one big-time, top 50-60 program. Shoot, I don't even know where or what some of these places/programs are.

They have zero reason to be determining the rules that the big-time programs will have to follow. There should be a new division 4 or whatever you want to call it, of the top64 or so programs, and they should be the only ones making the rules for big-time college football. Not talkin Western Baptist college, or Williams Mountain Football, etc.

And for Saban and Beliema to be sitting there, as non-voting participants, pushing their weight around with these small time voters, to get the rules to go their way. It's just giving me a bad feeling.

Again, Texas Jefe makes some excellent points. College football should be all about big boys playing a man's game. If your program isn't rich enough, tough enough or smart enough to play the game at an elite level then kick rocks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I deny it but then again I'm not depending on a statement that could easily of been paraphrased incorrectly in an interview. I know! :nod: I do live in Hoover (40 minutes from Tuscaloosa), did letter 3 years at Alabama and do know very close friends of Saban. I know. I know. I just committed a message board sin and am only making this stuff up. Believe what you want! You stick with your sources.

Wow. So your answer is to just ignore quotes in reputable articles and stick you're had in the sand. Figures. That's all I need to know.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Im not stupid enough to compare the canes to bama right now. Weak approach on your part. The fact is, the sec is changing and its making saban look like a dinosaur in a hurry (and yes, that dinosaur approach still works....until the rules change). Whinning to the media all season, and finally the ncaa is bitch-like. Adapt and evolve like everybody else. His legacy wull forever be tarnished if this rule passes, imo. Whats the first thi.g that comes to your mind when you hear "woody hayes"?

And yes, he is the king of recruiting, but hes also a proven whiney bitch that wants cfb to adapt to him, because he cant adapt to its constant flux anymore.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. So your answer is to just ignore quotes in reputable articles and stick you're had in the sand. Figures. That's all I need to know.

Reputable articles? If it's written down it's reputable? There are already enough people who if they read something think it must be true! No I would rather believe real life people who know, socialize and talk to Saban on a regular basis instead of something written in an article that I have no clue how it was asked and if the person worded it correctly. What if the same writer said Mr. Redding, Coach Saban is catching a lot of flack for asking to speak to the committee as you said, what do you think about that?" and Mr. Redding says "well I said he did but he was actually asked, turned us down and we asked again and he changed his mind and called and said he would speak to the committee after all. I just said he asked not really thinking so many people have nothing to do but nick pick."

As said before I know what I know and please don't put words in my mouth. Thanks!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also noticed it was an ESPN article which is a joke to everyone non-SEC except, I guess, when it helps your position? :noidea:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coaches that have NOT publicly complained about uptempo offenses were there to discuss the rule changes? Zero. That's makes both Saban and Bret scum for trying to change the rules in a manner they think favors their style of play. It's unsportsmanlike and whiney. End of story.