• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Shazier Injury

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely gotta think about his future. I wouldn't even be thinking about football after the injury he sustained. He's lucky enough to be able to walk again. That's what he should be concentrating on.
However overzealous it may appear, I don't know how you can knock the man for using football as motivation during rehab. Whether a doc would give him the green light to ever play again is secondary during this time.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However overzealous it may appear, I don't know how you can knock the man for using football as motivation during rehab. Whether a doc would give him the green light to ever play again is secondary during this time.

Would I want to see him back on the football field? Absolutely but at the same time he's gotta put his long-term health first.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he will, but stranger things have happened.......

What do you think the odds are we see Shaz in uniform before seasons end????
This year? Zero.

I'd say he's at least 2 years out. But the man seems hell bent on getting himself back onto the field so I imagine he'll be running/jogging again as soon as 2019. It will likely take time to fine tune his motor skills which I think is the biggest hurdle. He's essentially having to retrain his brain on how to control his extremities.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CONGRATS RYAN!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shazier - It’s been a long journey, but this is still a ways to go. But it all started here in Cincinnati. Today was an amazing day I was so thankful to be able to tell everyone thank you. #Shalieve

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he continues to make progress....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a decision year for PIT.

We're still marking milestones with Shazier and it's great that we're seeing these milestones, but at some point the Steelers will have to move on from Ryan as a football player and I think this might be that year next year.

As a Steeler, he's a Steeler for Life if he wants to be, and I'm sure the team can find a long term role for him.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a decision year for PIT.

We're still marking milestones with Shazier and it's great that we're seeing these milestones, but at some point the Steelers will have to move on from Ryan as a football player and I think this might be that year next year.

As a Steeler, he's a Steeler for Life if he wants to be, and I'm sure the team can find a long term role for him.

So here's a question for you and @FaCe-LeE-uS ........

With his contract up at the end of this season, do they sign him to a contract.....
Something maybe low and fill it with incentives????
Or do they let him go????
Let's face it, IF he does come back and he's only half of what he was, it's still puts him top 2 or 3 on our D.

Whatcha guys thinkin????

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a question for you and @FaCe-LeE-uS ........

With his contract up at the end of this season, do they sign him to a contract.....
Something maybe low and fill it with incentives????
Or do they let him go????
Let's face it, IF he does come back and he's only half of what he was, it's still puts him top 2 or 3 on our D.

Whatcha guys thinkin????

Good question.

To answer that, I think we first have to address Shazier's physical status. I don't think he's running yet. I'm going out on a limb and saying he won't be back to even 50% of his former self by camp so playing in 2019 is not likely.

If that's the case, I don't think they sign him as a player, but if he wants a role on the staff or within the organization, we know there's enough class in the building that he will have an opportunity to stay there.

That questions leads to another...what do they do with the cap space that Bell and most likely Shazier will not be taking up? Do they go get a CB? I would circle back to AZ and talk to them about Patrick Peterson.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.

To answer that, I think we first have to address Shazier's physical status. I don't think he's running yet. I'm going out on a limb and saying he won't be back to even 50% of his former self by camp so playing in 2019 is not likely.

If that's the case, I don't think they sign him as a player, but if he wants a role on the staff or within the organization, we know there's enough class in the building that he will have an opportunity to stay there.

That questions leads to another...what do they do with the cap space that Bell and most likely Shazier will not be taking up? Do they go get a CB? I would circle back to AZ and talk to them about Patrick Peterson.

I mean if he has the desire to come back, I'd hate to see us give up on him and possibly lose him. It would really suck.
But I also understand is a business as much as it is a sport....the guy is still a huge f figure to the D in or out of pads.
Honestly, he could replace Porter.