• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Without Marshawn Lynch

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok one last try.

I gave an excuse for why Wilson didn't look great in the superbowl.........

Then you said, well tom brady once had a bad receiving corp.,,,.... 11 years ago.

That is how you compared Wilson to Brady. Esseintially saying brady looked great with a bunch of stiffs so wilson must suck since he didn't look great with a bunch of stiffs.

Well wilsons not brady...

If you can't understand what im saying. im just going to respectfully ignore you moving forward. I dont have time to make the same point three times so that you understand.
do you know what receivers are?

and this?

Esseintially saying brady looked great with a bunch of stiffs so wilson must suck since he didn't look great with a bunch of stiffs.

lol...ummm...no? i said that?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I countered that point, by saying to be fair, he was throwing to a bunch of un drafted/Canadian football/guy off the streets.

At this point a smart person would say. Hmmm maybe thats why he didn't look that great in the superbowl, maybe my school yard chuck commentw as off base.\

Without a couple of ridiculous catches by these so called scrubs Russell's stat line looks pretty bad in the SB.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"curt warner, a running back? what is this madness? he payed QB"

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a couple of ridiculous catches by these so called scrubs Russell's stat line looks pretty bad in the SB.

Using that logic, if the Hawks defense was healthy the game would've been a blow out

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, no biggie...tom brady once had reche caldwell as his #1...and hes as good at catching open passes as he is at trafficking pills.

caldwell
ben watson (aka stone hands mcgee)
kevin faulk
the corpse of troy brown
the immortal doug gabriel

those, were his 5 leading pass catchers in 06.

Okay. Wilson's top 5 last year were:

Baldwin
Kearse
Paul Richardson
Luke Willson
Marshawn Lynch

I think we can both agree that there isn't a body on either list who is even remotely a legit number one. Heck, making an argument that a couple names should be number twos wouldn't be easy. All in all, it's a pretty comparable list.

So, let's look at the numbers (keeping in mind that '06 Brady has twice as many starts under his belt and Josh McDaniels in his back pocket). Both had top 2 defenses. For the sake of argument we'll call head coaching a push, but we know that's a crock of shit. Bill is the best coach in the league. MAYBE Pete is a distant second.

Brady: 3529 yards on 61.8% comp percentage. 6.8 YPA 24:12 TD:INT ratio. A rating of 87.9, a QBR of 62.4. 102 yards rushing, and no rushing TDs. The rest of the team rushed for 1867 yards and 20 TDs.

Wilson: 3475 yards on 63.1% comp percentage. 7.7 YPA 20:7 TD:INT ratio. A rating of 95, a QBR of 62.5. 849 yards rushing, and six rushing TDs. The rest of the team rushed for 1913 yards and 14 TDs.

I'd say the comparison there is pretty favorable for Wilson. Neither player can work wonders with dog shit targets. Now Wilson actually has a real weapon. Let's see what happens.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Wilson's top 5 last year were:

Baldwin
Kearse
Paul Richardson
Luke Willson
Marshawn Lynch

I think we can both agree that there isn't a body on either list who is even remotely a legit number one. Heck, making an argument that a couple names should be number twos wouldn't be easy. All in all, it's a pretty comparable list.

So, let's look at the numbers (keeping in mind that '06 Brady has twice as many starts under his belt and Josh McDaniels in his back pocket). Both had top 2 defenses. For the sake of argument we'll call head coaching a push, but we know that's a crock of shit. Bill is the best coach in the league. MAYBE Pete is a distant second.

Brady: 3529 yards on 61.8% comp percentage. 6.8 YPA 24:12 TD:INT ratio. A rating of 87.9, a QBR of 62.4. 102 yards rushing, and no rushing TDs. The rest of the team rushed for 1867 yards and 20 TDs.

Wilson: 3475 yards on 63.1% comp percentage. 7.7 YPA 20:7 TD:INT ratio. A rating of 95, a QBR of 62.5. 849 yards rushing, and six rushing TDs. The rest of the team rushed for 1913 yards and 14 TDs.

I'd say the comparison there is pretty favorable for Wilson. Neither player can work wonders with dog shit targets. Now Wilson actually has a real weapon. Let's see what happens.
look, a rational post from a seattle fan...a single tear for you, sir.

jimmy graham is going to be a redzone beast for you...but you lost arguably your best O-lineman, and graham blocks like a lady.

it will be interesting...especially seeign what lynch does or doesnt do.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using that logic, if the Hawks defense was healthy the game would've been a blow out
those poor injured players.

does the same apply to bradys bad leg, and gronks bad everything vs NY...or is seattle only allowed to use injury excuses?

its football, they happen.

ask donta hightower

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if seattles defense was healthy" LMAO

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual I am confused. You guys are typing way to fast for me.
All along I thought this was a Wilson w/o Lynch thread.
Then somebody pipes up about another QB from another team in jostling about which QB is better and who has or had the best targets.:facepalm3:

Oh well, it is the off season...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy graham is going to be a redzone beast for you...but you lost arguably your best O-lineman, and graham blocks like a lady.

Rather have Jimmy Graham on the field than Max Unger on the sideline in a boot.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah after reading this I have to wonder if Hammer has some sort of history with Tom Brady...did he steal your girl in high school? The patriots got lucky because of a bad call? Did you miss the miracle catch? Seattle shouldn't have been on the 1 yd line in the first place. Their offense was pathetic the entire game. We clearly outplayed them I suggest you watch it again. The criticism of Tom Brady was just laughable. He broke the record for completions and threw 4 tds...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah after reading this I have to wonder if Hammer has some sort of history with Tom Brady...did he steal your girl in high school.

Never heard that one before. Amazing how you sound as equally ignorant as a guy who used to be here called LogicMan. That, my friend, is quite a feat! What a coincidence.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard that one before. Amazing how you sound as equally ignorant as a guy who used to be here called LogicMan. That, my friend, is quite a feat! What a coincidence.
I'm sure you have heard it before because it seems evident. What is ignorant is you trying to discredit possibly the best qb of all time. The proof is in the pudding. 9 afc championship appearances in 14 years as a starter. 6 superbowl appearances and 4 rings. All the changes the team has seen during that span, brady plus bill equals wins. But feel free to keep hating its ok to be jealous.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for logicman I have no idea who that is or why this conspiracy that I am him came about.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Omg. Lol
Welcome to SportsHoopla! Now since you are new here, let me explain:
It has all been said before.
Hammer doesn't hate the Patriots nor Brady - He hates arrogant Patriots fans!
We really are an arrogant bunch but it's ok. Again, welcome.....