• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Traded to Broncos

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton might even have a bigger ego than RW. I can't wait to see this train wreck.

200w.gif
Over/under on how many weeks it takes for Wilson’s camp to throw Payton under the bus? I say week 5.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fell off the cliff in the 2021 season but no one wanted to hear Seahawks fans.
Bingo!

This thread didn't age too well...

Everyone always blamed Russ' sack totals on our OL, which RW caused a lot of those sacks himself by leaving the pocket too early, trying to make a big play downfield and not being able to see over the OL while creating lanes in the pocket to see his receiver... It's no shock to see him go to Denver and lead the NFL in being sacked with 60 sacks in 2022 ... Yet, again!... 2023, he's been sacked the 3rd most in the NFL... So I think we can safely say that RW make his OL look worse than they actually are...

I remember Duane Brown berating RW on a the sidelines in one of the games after he took an 11 yard sack on 3rd and 2 taking us out of FG range... Replay showed he had multiple receivers open at the 1st down marker but he chose to leave the pocket early, run around, looking downfield for the 30 yard play... RW was wearing his welcome out with a few of us fans here the last two seasons with Seattle...

There is a reason we were always leading the league in 3 and outs... 1st down... Sack for 7 yards... 2nd and ... Holding on OL because RW left the pocket way too early which put the LT in tough situation... 3rd and 27 ... Incomplete pass downfield... Punt... We were getting tired of that sequence far too often... I hated the term, "Let Russ Cook"... It got to his head...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!

This thread didn't age too well...

Everyone always blamed Russ' sack totals on our OL, which RW caused a lot of those sacks himself by leaving the pocket too early, trying to make a big play downfield and not being able to see over the OL while creating lanes in the pocket to see his receiver... It's no shock to see him go to Denver and lead the NFL in being sacked with 60 sacks in 2022 ... Yet, again!... 2023, he's been sacked the 3rd most in the NFL... So I think we can safely say that RW make his OL look worse than they actually are...

I remember Duane Brown berating RW on a the sidelines in one of the games after he took an 11 yard sack on 3rd and 2 taking us out of FG range... Replay showed he had multiple receivers open at the 1st down marker but he chose to leave the pocket early, run around, looking downfield for the 30 yard play... RW was wearing his welcome out with a few of us fans here the last two seasons with Seattle...

There is a reason we were always leading the league in 3 and outs... 1st down... Sack for 7 yards... 2nd and ... Holding on OL because RW left the pocket way too early which put the LT in tough situation... 3rd and 27 ... Incomplete pass downfield... Punt... We were getting tired of that sequence far too often... I hated the term, "Let Russ Cook"... It got to his head...
1st off.
you are about to get hate mail (posts) from some posters around here. Good luck.

now for the interesting thing.
I have been seeing this from Mahomes the last few games. He could dump it off to a wide open Pacheco (or pick the player) but doesnt. Runs around looking for the big play & gets sacked or worse runs out of bounds 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Instead of just throwing it away at that point.
So I think Wilson is who he is at this point.
Will Mahomes correct this bad forming habit?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this to the conversation. As much as I rag on Russ, the player, and I don't care for his schtick, I think he is genuinely a pretty decent guy. If the latest reports are true about Denver brass coming to his representatives after the win vs. the Chiefs and asking him to change his contract "or else be benched", that's pretty shitty on their part. And if true, Russ performing well during that stretch and helping them get back into play-off contention without leaking that conversation to the media shows some class and professionalism.

Now, we all knew from the start that Payton and Russ were probably never going to co-exist well and Russ really isn't all that great anymore. However, Sean Payton might be the biggest horse's ass on the planet and because I dislike the Broncos anyway, it will please me greatly if/when this whole team goes down the crapper and Payton is exposed as a fraud. He's been pointing fingers at everybody all year and been nothing but a big mouth with no substance to back it up. His latest "reasoning" behind the benching is just another example of a guy who thinks way too highly of himself. Basically Josh McDaniel with a better resume.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this to the conversation. As much as I rag on Russ, the player, and I don't care for his schtick, I think he is genuinely a pretty decent guy. If the latest reports are true about Denver brass coming to his representatives after the win vs. the Chiefs and asking him to change his contract "or else be benched", that's pretty shitty on their part. And if true, Russ performing well during that stretch and helping them get back into play-off contention without leaking that conversation to the media shows some class and professionalism.

No one is in the wrong here. Russ has every right to say no to Denver asking him to restructure his contract, just like Denver has every right to come to Russ and say you aren't playing up to the contract we gave you, make some changes we’re going in another direction.

If you make $40/hr and are the highest paid employee at your job yet you aren't one of their best workers your job has every right to try and fire you because you’re not worth what they gave you.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funniest thing is the Chiefs pretty unequivocally own the division now and going forward even in their down year, tbh.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off.
you are about to get hate mail (posts) from some posters around here. Good luck.

now for the interesting thing.
I have been seeing this from Mahomes the last few games. He could dump it off to a wide open Pacheco (or pick the player) but doesnt. Runs around looking for the big play & gets sacked or worse runs out of bounds 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Instead of just throwing it away at that point.
So I think Wilson is who he is at this point.
Will Mahomes correct this bad forming habit?
He literally won the SB doing that last year, tbh. Just get NFL level receivers, instead of maybe one of the worst groups of the last 20 years, that he can vaguely trust and this shouldn't be an issue. Mahomes' EPA/Play is still higher than Lamar's who half of NFL fans seem to swear is the MVP this year after the 49ers got a beatdown. The bar with Mahomes is just absurdly high.

Amongst active QB's (sorry Kirk Cousins) Mahomes is 6th in Adj EPA/Play.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally won the SB doing that last year, tbh. Just get NFL level receivers, instead of maybe one of the worst groups of the last 20 years, that he can vaguely trust and this shouldn't be an issue. Mahomes' EPA/Play is still higher than Lamar's who half of NFL fans seem to swear is the MVP this year after the 49ers got a beatdown. The bar with Mahomes is just absurdly high.

Amongst active QB's (sorry Kirk Cousins) Mahomes is 6th in Adj EPA/Play.
Mahomes & his skill level allows him to get away with it sure.
Doesnt mean he cant become a more complete QB though.
As far as his talent level he throws too. Isnt it his job to know that & alter his decision making from that knowledge? its okay to check it down from time to time.
BTW in Russ's young years. He was doing the same thing. He didnt grow from that & now look.
Curious if Mahomes grows & becomes even more scary opponent or just lets his game play out until it doesn't?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes & his skill level allows him to get away with it sure.
Doesnt mean he cant become a more complete QB though.
As far as his talent level he throws too. Isnt it his job to know that & alter his decision making from that knowledge? its okay to check it down from time to time.
BTW in Russ's young years. He was doing the same thing. He didnt grow from that & now look.
Curious if Mahomes grows & becomes even more scary opponent or just lets his game play out until it doesn't?
He has one of if not the lowest ADOTs in the NFL. His WR's just stink and his HOF TE has just old as dirt. If he were just chucking downfield for the hell of it, that'd be one thing, but he's not really attempting to do it per se and it's still blowing up. It's just a bad receiving group, imo.

Mahomes doesn't make MVS drop downfield bombs in his hands.

Mahomes doesn't make Toney tip drill/fumble into a turnover.

Mahomes didn't make Kelce old.

Mahomes didn't make Rice a rookie with a gimmick route tree.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has one of if not the lowest ADOTs in the NFL. His WR's just stink and his HOF TE has just old as dirt. If he were just chucking downfield for the hell of it, but he's not really attempting to do it per se and it's still blowing up. It's just a bad receiving group, imo.
I am not bagging on Mahomes btw.
Just something I noticed recently.
Any player can improve.
Who knows. Maybe having less than stellar receiving corp, just might make him even better in the end.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not bagging on Mahomes btw.
Just something I noticed recently.
Any player can improve.
Who knows. Maybe having less than stellar receiving corp, just might make him even better in the end.
There's probably some truth to low trust relating to missed reads here and there, imo. Collateral damage and all.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, we all knew from the start that Payton and Russ were probably never going to co-exist well and Russ really isn't all that great anymore. However, Sean Payton might be the biggest horse's ass on the planet and because I dislike the Broncos anyway, it will please me greatly if/when this whole team goes down the crapper and Payton is exposed as a fraud. He's been pointing fingers at everybody all year and been nothing but a big mouth with no substance to back it up. His latest "reasoning" behind the benching is just another example of a guy who thinks way too highly of himself. Basically Josh McDaniel with a better resume.
This is why I think there is zero chance Russell does anything to help the organization like restructure to make a trade easier or waive his no trade clause.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson leaving the NFC to join the AFC still with a good chunk of his prime left is also a seismic shift in the NFL.
Clearly I missed on this whole 'good chunk of his prime left'

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly I missed on this whole 'good chunk of his prime left'
I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted how much Russ fell off during his time in Denver.

Even Seahawk fans who knew he had lost a step probably didn’t imagine him being a total bust.