• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson stat line

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Wilson Credit for being clutch but to be honest he didn't do much. Lynch had the 20 yard TD run, That TE caught the hail marry 2pt Conv. Special teams got the on side kick. All Wilson did was make that 3rd and 20 play.

Every person in the NFL knows Seattle wins because of D first Lynch 2nd and then wilson. On any other team wilson doesn't sniff the super bowl. D has been carrying seattle for the last 2 1/2 years. Nothing wrong with that. Be proud. I have your D as Top 3 of all time. But please Stop with this Wilson is god or Elite. He isn't.
You have never heard me say that about Wilson.
RW had a terrible day. 4 ints, but 2 bounced off Kearse's hands that were money throws. Either way, RW had his worst day as an NFL QB and was still able to shake it off when there was no place else to go and lead the team to victory.
Last 2 drives of 4th qtr...
Seattle at 3:52GNBSEA1st and 10 at SEA 31(3:52) (Shotgun) M.Lynch up the middle to SEA 45 for 14 yards (C.Hayward).1971st and 10 at SEA 45(3:30) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right to D.Baldwin to GB 35 for 20 yards (T.Williams). 1st and 10 at GB 35(3:07) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete deep right to J.Kearse. 2nd and 10 at GB 35(3:02) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to M.Lynch for 35 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official challenged the runner was in bounds ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to M.Lynch ran ob at GB 9 for 26 yards. 1st and 9 at GB 9(2:57) (Shotgun) M.Lynch up the middle to GB 5 for 4 yards (J.Peppers; M.Neal). 2nd and 5 at GB 5(2:36) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson scrambles left tackle to GB 1 for 4 yards (H.Clinton-Dix). 3rd and 1 at GB 1(2:13) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson left tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. S.Hauschka extra point is GOOD, Center-C.Gresham, Holder-J.Ryan.1914SEA DRIVE TOTALS: 7 plays, 69 yards, 1:43Seattle at 2:09GNBSEA (Onside Kick formation) S.Hauschka kicks onside 15 yards from SEA 35 to 50, impetus ends at SEA 48. RECOVERED by SEA-C.Matthews.19141st and 10 at 50(2:07) (No Huddle) R.Wilson right end ran ob at GB 35 for 15 yards. 1st and 10 at GB 35(2:01) M.Lynch right end to GB 32 for 3 yards (M.Burnett). Two-Minute Warning 2nd and 7 at GB 32(1:56) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right to L.Willson to GB 24 for 8 yards (A.Hawk; T.Williams). 1st and 10 at GB 24(1:33) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Lynch left tackle for 24 yards, TOUCHDOWN. TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. R.Wilson pass to L.Willson is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.1922OT drive...
M.Crosby kicks 66 yards from GB 35 to SEA -1. D.Baldwin to SEA 13 for 14 yards (C.Banjo).22221st and 10 at SEA 13(14:51) (Shotgun) M.Lynch up the middle to SEA 17 for 4 yards (M.Burnett). 2nd and 6 at SEA 17(14:20) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right to D.Baldwin pushed ob at SEA 27 for 10 yards (C.Matthews). 1st and 10 at SEA 27(13:50) (Shotgun) M.Lynch left tackle to SEA 31 for 4 yards (M.Daniels; N.Perry). 2nd and 6 at SEA 31(13:17) (Shotgun) R.Wilson sacked at SEA 30 for -1 yards (sack split by J.Peppers and L.Guion). 3rd and 7 at SEA 30(12:36) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep right to D.Baldwin to GB 35 for 35 yards (C.Hayward). 1st and 10 at GB 35Jermaine Kearse 35 Yd pass from Russell Wilson2228
Russell Wilson when it all mattered.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, sorry how that laid out. It looked ok before I posted it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, Russell was masterful in the last 4 minutes of regulation and perfect on the 87 yard TD to win the NFCCG.
Seattle fans couldn't be happier with our QB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Seahawk fans that show up on this board are pretty respectful.

Not sure what board you are talking about. They have to be respectable on our board as they will get banned. There are a few who have talked a bunch of crap about the 49ers on the General Board

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound mad. I think the kids today call that being butthurt.

Yeah, that's it.

Maybe, But that is allowed on our board. Not sure why you feel the need to address how some 49er fans feel on our board

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.
Seattle kicked the onside kick with about 2:10 left in regulation. Had GB recovered I think it is reasonable in that situation based upon the way MM called the game, GB would have run it 3 times.
Seattle DID have momentum at that point both on O and D.
2:07 run...call T.O.
2:02 run...2 min warning.
1:58? run...let clock run off 40 seconds, take a 5 yard delay penalty and punt.
In this hypothetical, Seattle would have had the ball on, let's guess their own 30. No TO's left. Apx 1:15 left.
With momentum, you have to give consideration Seattle might possibly scored in that situation meaning the onside kick did not finish off Seattle if GB had recovered.

Even had that happened perfectly, much less time on clock, loss of timeouts, and poorer field position. Probably would not have made it

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, Russell was masterful in the last 4 minutes of regulation and perfect on the 87 yard TD to win the NFCCG.
Seattle fans couldn't be happier with our QB.

Make him the highest paid QB in the league

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is the Seahawks were outplayed for almost the whole game, but with a little bit of luck and Wilson's clutch play, the Seahawks have a chance to repeat. If Seattle wins, Wilson has two rings, Kap has ZERO! That's all that matters! Wilson may not be elite, but he makes plays when it matters. The same could not be said for kiss the bicep Kap.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bottom line is the Seahawks were outplayed for almost the whole game, but with a little bit of luck and Wilson's clutch play, the Seahawks have a chance to repeat. If Seattle wins, Wilson has two rings, Kap has ZERO! That's all that matters! Wilson may not be elite, but he makes plays when it matters. The same could not be said for kiss the bicep Kap.

To be fair, it was more than "a little bit of luck." It was a remarkable confluence of events that led to a Seahawk win. Certainly the D kept playing hard throughout, and Wilson came up with a couple clutch plays at the end, but the statistical probability of them winning that game is astronomically low. Particularly given a poorly kicked onside kick (20% chance of recovery before the kick, and almost certainly much lower after it was struck as it was a terrible kick that went right to an offensive player) and a literal Hail Mary two-point conversion. Hell, even the odds of converting - much less scoring on - the fake FG were quite low.

Credit the Hawks for continuing to fight, but it took an awful lot of incompetence by GB to lose that game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Posts by Crimson and AU. I agree with both.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even had that happened perfectly, much less time on clock, loss of timeouts, and poorer field position. Probably would not have made it
No argument there.
We shouldn't have won that game the way it way going, yet it happened. My illustration was that it could happen. Highly unlikely, but that is not dissimilar to what actually happened in the game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it was more than "a little bit of luck." It was a remarkable confluence of events that led to a Seahawk win. Certainly the D kept playing hard throughout, and Wilson came up with a couple clutch plays at the end, but the statistical probability of them winning that game is astronomically low. Particularly given a poorly kicked onside kick (20% chance of recovery before the kick, and almost certainly much lower after it was struck as it was a terrible kick that went right to an offensive player) and a literal Hail Mary two-point conversion. Hell, even the odds of converting - much less scoring on - the fake FG were quite low.

Credit the Hawks for continuing to fight, but it took an awful lot of incompetence by GB to lose that game.
Yes, we have heard that.
Yet, look at all of the unlucky things that happened to us.
The luck pendulum did swing late and evened itself out enabling us to win.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. Give the Seahawks' defense credit for not giving up. I agree that the Packers inept play to just knock down the 2 pt conversion and the failure of Bostick to stick to his assignment and block the oncoming Seahawk instead of catching the onside kick were egregious. But Wilson and company managed to drive 50 yards for the go ahead TD and eventually won it in overtime.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson did not win that game for Seattle. Seattle won that game in spite of Wilson.

9-24 for 95 yards with 4 Ints. I'd say Wilson did everything he could to throw away the game, but Seattle's D refused to lose long enough for a miracle to happen.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson did not win that game for Seattle. Seattle won that game in spite of Wilson.

9-24 for 95 yards with 4 Ints. I'd say Wilson did everything he could to throw away the game, but Seattle's D refused to lose long enough for a miracle to happen.

Wilson was horrible for almost the entire game as evident to his stat line. But he engineered the winning TD in overtime. You have to give him credit for that. Other QBs' would have folded their tents and be sulking on the sidelines. Instead the defense kept fighting and gave Wilson the opportunity to win the game (with the help of the Packers).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, we have heard that.
Yet, look at all of the unlucky things that happened to us.
The luck pendulum did swing late and evened itself out enabling us to win.

What happened to the Hawks in that game that was a real statistical aberration in terms of play outcome?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the Hawks in that game that was a real statistical aberration in terms of play outcome?

Playing Devil's Advocate - much of the luck is talked to be "Wilson's luck" but how lucky is it that the special teams fumbles early or that his pass is tipped up and intercepted (though I did see some great hands in the game, too)? It seemed Green Bay started every drive in good position on Seattle's side of the field. The fact that Rodgers' INT didn't stop them from scoring soon.

Now, this isn't SEATTLE'S bad luck - if you fumble on ST, it's yours. But as far as Wilson being lucky, people talk about the onside kick as being lucky for him, so ST fumble is unlucky for him, too. Without that fumble, do we even need the "miracle" comeback luck? Three points and field position and TOP are pretty important factors and some of that was unfortunate for SEATTLE (but deserved) but unlucky for Wilson who had nothing to do with the play (so could defensive stops by Seattle, I suppose, under my loose definition - but I'm talking about the bounce of the fumble being unlucky, not the skill of stripping the ball or tipping a pass for an INT).

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Playing Devil's Advocate - much of the luck is talked to be "Wilson's luck" but how lucky is it that the special teams fumbles early or that his pass is tipped up and intercepted (though I did see some great hands in the game, too)? It seemed Green Bay started every drive in good position on Seattle's side of the field. The fact that Rodgers' INT didn't stop them from scoring soon.

Now, this isn't SEATTLE'S bad luck - if you fumble on ST, it's yours. But as far as Wilson being lucky, people talk about the onside kick as being lucky for him, so ST fumble is unlucky for him, too. Without that fumble, do we even need the "miracle" comeback luck? Three points and field position and TOP are pretty important factors and some of that was unfortunate for SEATTLE (but deserved) but unlucky for Wilson who had nothing to do with the play (so could defensive stops by Seattle, I suppose, under my loose definition - but I'm talking about the bounce of the fumble being unlucky, not the skill of stripping the ball or tipping a pass for an INT).

I just don't see any of the turnovers as "bad luck" as such. Baldwin was hit and he fumbled. None of the INTs were high probability throws, and several were very poor decisions. I suppose GB got some good luck when their guy muffed that early punt and recovered. Otherwise, they were just football plays that I would distinguish from the onside kick - which was just horribly played by an offensive player who was in position - and the Hail Mary that was really just Wilson throwing the ball up for grabs. The fake TD wasn't so much luck as really bad defense by the Packers in general and AJ Hawk in particular.

But I don't like the word "luck." None of it is really luck. We can talk about the probability of certain events, plays succeeding, etc. But that isn't the same as luck IMO. It's not "lucky" for the Hawks that Bostik let a ball pass through his hands virtually untouched. It's a mistake by him. It's just a very unlikely one.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see any of the turnovers as "bad luck" as such. Baldwin was hit and he fumbled. None of the INTs were high probability throws, and several were very poor decisions. I suppose GB got some good luck when their guy muffed that early punt and recovered. Otherwise, they were just football plays that I would distinguish from the onside kick - which was just horribly played by an offensive player who was in position - and the Hail Mary that was really just Wilson throwing the ball up for grabs. The fake TD wasn't so much luck as really bad defense by the Packers in general and AJ Hawk in particular.

But I don't like the word "luck." None of it is really luck. We can talk about the probability of certain events, plays succeeding, etc. But that isn't the same as luck IMO. It's not "lucky" for the Hawks that Bostik let a ball pass through his hands virtually untouched. It's a mistake by him. It's just a very unlikely one.

All good points, I was trying to play devil's advocate, but did make a distinction between:

1) the strip and the fumble vs. the recovery. I guess, looking at this one, the recovery wasn't a weird bounce, so I'm wrong about an unlucky bounce.

2) Seattle's bad luck vs. Wilson's bad luck. Seattle had no bad luck - Baldwin fumbled it and Green Bay stripped it - all football plays. I was just saying as it applied to Wilson - people are calling the onside kick good luck to Wilson, so I was saying that play was as "unlucky" for the ST fumble bouncing to a GB player and not out of bounds.

But in general and specifically looking at the play, it wasn't luck and I agree with talking about luck in sports. Players make plays and those plays were made or given away, not luck.