• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson needs to realize

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea it was pure genius running marshawn on the 1 yard line OH WAIT:suds:

I don't think it was a bad call, but when Wilson saw the tight coverage, he should have run it it as he was rolling out. I believe Lynch was less than 20% on the year for 1 yard and goal or first downs. His specialty is went he picks up steam, and zig zags, real tough to bring down. I know it was only first down, but most people were expecting a run. Ex Seahawks Browner made a great bump to cause the int to Butler

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's that actresses name? She's hot as ****.
1uf27Y7.gif

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a bad call, but when Wilson saw the tight coverage, he should have run it it as he was rolling out. I believe Lynch was less than 20% on the year for 1 yard and goal or first downs. His specialty is went he picks up steam, and zig zags, real tough to bring down. I know it was only first down, but most people were expecting a run. Ex Seahawks Browner made a great bump to cause the int to Butler

I believe Lynch was stuffed by the Pats D earlier in the game needing 1yd for a first. I think Wilson now would have done what you mentioned but in his second year he probably saw it but didn't want to go against the coaches call. Play action would have been my pass call.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debate the anthem on this thread instead ya butt pirates.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like how this graph is referencing the "first 8 seasons" and includes Peyton with the Broncos logo. A true legend of the Denver Broncos and no other teams.

Go Broncos!
I get a kick out of highlights of players or teams getting put on a pedestal against the lowly Lions as if the Lions were Super Bowl Champs. Lions and Super Bowl in the same sentence has a nice RING to it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Lynch was stuffed by the Pats D earlier in the game needing 1yd for a first. I think Wilson now would have done what you mentioned but in his second year he probably saw it but didn't want to go against the coaches call. Play action would have been my pass call.

Yeah, it was never as bad a call as it was made out to be.

Giving it to Marshawn was what the Pats were expecting. As you mentioned, the Pats had already stuffed him.

Pats defender made a good read and was able to make a Super Bowl saving play.

If he's just a split second slower on that read, it's an incomplete pass at worst and possibly the winning touchdown.

I give a lot more credit to the Pats defender who read the play than I do blame for the call.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was never as bad a call as it was made out to be.

Giving it to Marshawn was what the Pats were expecting. As you mentioned, the Pats had already stuffed him.

Pats defender made a good read and was able to make a Super Bowl saving play.

If he's just a split second slower on that read, it's an incomplete pass at worst and possibly the winning touchdown.

I give a lot more credit to the Pats defender who read the play than I do blame for the call.

Pats D stepped up at the perfect time to win them the SB. The pass call was the right idea just imo it was the wrong type play call. The game itself was great to watch.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats D stepped up at the perfect time to win them the SB. The pass call was the right idea just imo it was the wrong type play call. The game itself was great to watch.

Yeah, I agree that play action probably would have been the better call.

If memory serves, they had success with that play in similar situations early in the season. So, that's probably why they went with it.

But, a big part of the reason the Pats have been so good for so long is they are always the most prepared team every season and they proved it again.

At least play action could have made them react just a little slower since they were certainly expecting Marshawn to get the ball.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree that play action probably would have been the better call.

If memory serves, they had success with that play in similar situations early in the season. So, that's probably why they went with it.

But, a big part of the reason the Pats have been so good for so long is they are always the most prepared team every season and they proved it again.

At least play action could have made them react just a little slower since they were certainly expecting Marshawn to get the ball.

Let Russ run to the corner or try to hit a WR on a crossing route while on the move. A lot more and safer options than a slant pass.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won that SB, not because of divine inspiration but because he was surrounded by a bunch of trash-talking cut-throat teammates. Seattle had that WOW factor then. They were a team that made you want to hate them because they were unfairly good. I would say that I did not respect Seattle until they were milder. I even questioned Wilson's faith. I did not respect Aaron Rodgers(as a player) either until I wanted him to beat the opposition.

It speaks volumes when you realize it's easier to respect players after the fact and not during. Look at the current SB winners and teams playing in SBs, if you're not game breakingly good with attitude(not just on the field attitude either) you're not going to get very far.
Russell want a better OL? Maybe the greedy bastid should divert some money to free up more cap space. I hear there was this one QB he did it and he won 7 SBs. Just sayin'.

You know, Russ, you were the one who demanded to be the highest paid player in the NFL last time you re-signed. You should realize that was going to somewhat handicapp how the remaining cap money was divided among the other 57 guys on the roster.

You want your cake and eat it too? Should have stuck with baseball.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto Graham had the great Marion Motley running the ball, the original BEASTMODE, he also had Dante Levelli and Mac Speedie at WR, they were the best ever combo up to that point in time, Levelli a Hall of Famer.

Johnny Unitas had Hall of Famers to be Ray Berry, Lenny Moore, John Mackay catching his passes , Moore the first great pass catching RB.

Those Lombardi Packer team had nine future Hall of Famers on them, and we saw the same thing with the 70's Steelers.

The Bills made 4 SB's, they had Hall of Famers, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas.

Cowboys with Hall of Famers to be Aikman/Smith/Irvin.

Russell Wilson has never had an all pro TE or WR, he has never had a stud offensive line. But, no QB in NFL history has put up a better first nine seasons of a career. Looking at his wins, comp %, yards passing, yards rushing, TD/INT, QB rating, There is nobody who did it better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell want a better OL? Maybe the greedy bastid should divert some money to free up more cap space. I hear there was this one QB he did it and he won 7 SBs. Just sayin'.

You know, Russ, you were the one who demanded to be the highest paid player in the NFL last time you re-signed. You should realize that was going to somewhat handicapp how the remaining cap money was divided among the other 57 guys on the roster.

Yah these mega deals really sink teams fast. Seems like you gotta win with a cheap QB now or just NAIL the draft routinely. As soon as Wilson signed that mega deal we had to start letting players go.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto Graham had the great Marion Motley running the ball, the original BEASTMODE, he also had Dante Levelli and Mac Speedie at WR, they were the best ever combo up to that point in time, Levelli a Hall of Famer.

Johnny Unitas had Hall of Famers to be Ray Berry, Lenny Moore, John Mackay catching his passes , Moore the first great pass catching RB.

Those Lombardi Packer team had nine future Hall of Famers on them, and we saw the same thing with the 70's Steelers.

The Bills made 4 SB's, they had Hall of Famers, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas.

Cowboys with Hall of Famers to be Aikman/Smith/Irvin.

Russell Wilson has never had an all pro TE or WR, he has never had a stud offensive line. But, no QB in NFL history has put up a better first nine seasons of a career. Looking at his wins, comp %, yards passing, yards rushing, TD/INT, QB rating, There is nobody who did it better.

Well it's not like Seattle hasn't tried.

They brought in Jimmy Graham, that didn't work.
They brought in Percy Harvin, that didn't work.
They brought in Duane Brown, that did work.
They drafted Ifedi with a 1st rounder, that didn't work.
They drafted Carpenter with a 1st rounder, that didn't work.
And they made a lot of moves with the little money they had to improve the OL this last year, which did work as Seattle's pass blocking efficiency was actually above league average (the highest it's been in the Pete era) and that was including 3-4 starters getting injured periodically.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they made a lot of moves with the little money they had to improve the OL this last year, which did work as Seattle's pass blocking efficiency was actually above league average (the highest it's been in the Pete era) and that was including 3-4 starters getting injured periodically.
That and pete likes to pound the ball....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take what have you done for me lately for $200...

Seriously, RW is a top 5 QB. His price tag isn't out of line and Brady is married to a very rich woman and he also makes all of that money filming gay pron.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I know they have tried and have their best combo right now with DK and Lockett. Maybe it will take off now but they still need that too big for a cornerback and too fast for a backer TE stud. Something they have never really had. Look at what Mahomes does with Kelce, look at Rivers to Gates, Fouts to Winslow, Brady to Gronk, Unitas to Mackey, TONS of stud TE's and Wilson has never had one in his prime and for very long.

Baldwin was good but we can't compare him to a Moss, Owens, Julio, Antonio Brown, etc etc. A Tyreek Hill, nay!

To do what he has done in his nine seasons is totally amazing, and if you look at what Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, whoever did in theit first nine seasons they don't compare. Look at the huge difference in just his rushing stats compared to those above. He has a higher QB rating, a superior TD/INT ratio, more wins. And he accpmplished that despite BEASTMODE and a shabby o line.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know they have tried and have their best combo right now with DK and Lockett. Maybe it will take off now but they still need that too big for a cornerback and too fast for a backer TE stud. Something they have never really had. Look at what Mahomes does with Kelce, look at Rivers to Gates, Fouts to Winslow, Brady to Gronk, Unitas to Mackey, TONS of stud TE's and Wilson has never had one in his prime and for very long.

Baldwin was good but we can't compare him to a Moss, Owens, Julio, Antonio Brown, etc etc. A Tyreek Hill, nay!

To do what he has done in his nine seasons is totally amazing, and if you look at what Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, whoever did in theit first nine seasons they don't compare. Look at the huge difference in just his rushing stats compared to those above. He has a higher QB rating, a superior TD/INT ratio, more wins. And he accpmplished that despite BEASTMODE and a shabby o line.
Not every team can have a stud line, a good rb, two-3 good wr's and a stud TE...........heck the chiefs dont.........they have a stud te, stud wr......good line.......meh beyond that.......even their rb's despite investing a first in CHE have largely been system backs.........

Also, besides moss's year in NE, and hill last year, those guys arent winning alot ........

Theres also what a few TE's capable of that in every era...........

you use brady to gronk, wheres his stud rb? or wr....etc....everyone of those situations are void elsewhere.