• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson kills me sometimes

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
These meaningless platitudes are just substitutes for thoughtful answers and to me are signs of a lack of depth more than anything else.

The thing is, NFL players and media eat this stuff up. As a QB, they expect you to be this rah-rah guy giving tried-and-true, cliched answers to everything. Any deviation from the norm (Kaepernick's hat), any attempt at another leadership style (Alex Smith), is questioned and eventually considered inappropriate. We saw Smith learn this, as he adopted a more conventional QB leadership style last few years.

Wilson *really* knows what he's doing when it comes to modern, conventional QB leadership, he's a natural. This is exactly what people expect of him, and he delivers it perfectly.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn, Niner fans are touchy I guess...lol.

I didn't bring ARodg into this discussion, I'm just backing Wilson against unwarranted hatred.

It's hardly hatred. It's much closer to irritation. Not saying I'm ruling out hatred at some point, I'm just not there yet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get us started on Aaron Rodgers. He might be more of an asshat than Wilson is. Actually, he is more of an asshat than Wilson is. Went to the media to complain when the niners benched Alex Smith in favor of Kaepernick and made a bet with boys II men that if they did the half time show in Green Bay and SF won he would wear a Smith Jersey... Niners won and he welched.

But the brother can play!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find Jim Harbaugh's morning press conferences on KNBR more annoying

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both CK and RW are young guys. They will get better at engaging the media with time. I see nothing in either of them that rubs me the wrong way....except of course, when they are beating up on the Cards. But I think that has the potential to change this year.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I liked him a lot at first but it is coming off like he is trying too hard. As real as Kap seems, he does seem inarticulate at times which lead people to thinking he's dumb. I think Russell is not as smart as he seems and Kap isn't as dumb as he sounds.

But all this bullshit doesn't matter to me, it's all about what you can do on the field. Just don't kill dogs. Or r*pe women. That is all.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll admit I liked him a lot at first but it is coming off like he is trying too hard. As real as Kap seems, he does seem inarticulate at times which lead people to thinking he's dumb. I think Russell is not as smart as he seems and Kap isn't as dumb as he sounds.

But all this bullshit doesn't matter to me, it's all about what you can do on the field. Just don't kill dogs. Or r*pe women. That is all.

I'm basically in this camp. I was very impressed with Wilson initially, am still am in many ways. But his attitude and statements are starting to ring a little too hollow for me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has ALWAYS spoke like this in front of the camera. Watch his high school interviews before the State Championship game(s), he was the same way. Its like he was supposed to be in politics. RW is one of those gifted fellas who could do anything he wanted in life, including running for president if thats what he wanted. Instead, he chose to be an NFL QB(who was severely doubted and criticized). He has been a record setting/tying QB on every level thus far. Including a pro-bowler rookie who tied Peyton Manning. Maybe he wouldve done our nation and world a greater favor in politics....He sure has done our Seahawks the favor being what he is today.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has ALWAYS spoke like this in front of the camera. Watch his high school interviews before the State Championship game(s), he was the same way. Its like he was supposed to be in politics. RW is one of those gifted fellas who could do anything he wanted in life, including running for president if thats what he wanted. Instead, he chose to be an NFL QB(who was severely doubted and criticized). He has been a record setting/tying QB on every level thus far. Including a pro-bowler rookie who tied Peyton Manning. Maybe he wouldve done our nation and world a greater favor in politics....He sure has done our Seahawks the favor being what he is today.

He has been a record setting QB on every level?

Thats a bold statement when another rookie QB threw for about 1200 yards more than Wilson last year on a team with far less talent.

"RW is one of those gifted fellas who could do anything he wanted in life, including running for president if thats what he wanted."

I think everyone respects what Wilson did last year, but its statements like these that make me laugh. BTW, anyone can run for president.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Thats a bold statement when another rookie QB threw for about 1200 yards more than Wilson last year on a team with far less talent.

"RW is one of those gifted fellas who could do anything he wanted in life, including running for president if thats what he wanted."

I think everyone respects what Wilson did last year, but its statements like these that make me laugh. BTW, anyone can run for president.

I can't.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be an NFL QB either.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a bold statement because there was another good QB that threw the ball a lot last year?

Should we discredit anything that Kap has done since there was other guys out there having success and even throwing for more yards? Probably not, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bold statement because there was another good QB that threw the ball a lot last year?

Should we discredit anything that Kap has done since there was other guys out there having success and even throwing for more yards? Probably not, right?

Except no one here said Kaepernick "has been a record setting/tying QB on every level thus far."

"ON EVERY LEVEL" thats what he said.... And apparently he more than likely could have been the president of the United States of America if he wanted to be....

:lol:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except no one here said Kaepernick "has been a record setting/tying QB on every level thus far."

"ON EVERY LEVEL" thats what he said.... And apparently he more than likely could have been the president of the United States of America if he wanted to be....

:lol:

The president comments are a bit much, I agree.

But what does another QB putting up numbers have to do with Wilson tying or setting records at every level? Another QB putting up more yards doesn't change that.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

But what does another QB putting up numbers have to do with Wilson tying or setting records at every level? Another QB putting up more yards doesn't change that.

I suppose the question would be about what record(s) Wilson set in the NFL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson tied Peyton Manning for rookie TD passes (26)

Wilson set the single season passer rating record in the NCAA (191.8)

I admit the president comment was a bit flighty. He is just a fantastic person to represent and lead our ball club. I have zero idea how anybody could hate him. Although, I see lots of reasons for people to "hate on" him.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson tied Peyton Manning for rookie TD passes (26)

Wilson set the single season passer rating record in the NCAA (191.8)

I admit the president comment was a bit flighty. He is just a fantastic person to represent and lead our ball club. I have zero idea how anybody could hate him. Although, I see lots of reasons for people to "hate on" him.

I think Wilson is a good kid. I have no hate for him at all. But if you can stand back and look at him from the outside, his persona is a bit dry and predetermined.... if not outright boring. And mostly thats because of these pre determined stock answers he gives like a politician. He is clearly mature for his age, but he isn't at the top of anyones list of people they want to grab a beer with.

Maybe I misinterpreted the breaking records at every level thing... I was assuming he meant in the NFL.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may have misunderstood his point. I thought he meant in the NFL.... like Wilson broke every record on every level in the NFL last year. Anyway, Wilson is a very good QB, and its scary to think how good he might become, but he is also dry as shit.... and thats what this thread is about. I don't think anyone is doubting his skills.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the game on NFL rewind. Golden Tate kept talking like he was a kid and Wilson was 40 and Tate was a rookie. "I love playing with him. I remember watching and admiring him play when I was growing up." Or something like that. Tate you are older fuckhead