• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson benched

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he would be . let the door hit him in the ass . he should have fixed the contract like we asked.
I mean both parties agreed on it when he initially signed it

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't really blame Russell for this one. Wish he would have fixed the contract for the benefit of us fans but if I was in his situation I am not sure I would have either.

Russ is most likely going to be a bargain for someone else next year as we continue to pay him. He will be paid by two teams next year and he can more focus on his situation next year as oppose to the money part of it because he is already getting paid a ton from a team he won't be on. I think he is mentally beat down in Denver. He just looks mentally beat down by media, fans, negative exposure etc. There is no emotion to him right now. He probably needs a change after just two years. Everyone has beat him down. He hasn't been worth what we gave up or paid him but despite what some Seahawk fans and players say about him as a person I think he has handled his situation with class. He has done well with the adversity of playing through so much negativity. Even his own teammates have lashed out. I get the other side too because of the frustration for the expectations and money he was paid.. This is just one expensive marriage but we can rebound from it... We won't be able to spend a ton of money on another QB because of it but we can rebound in the draft. I won't bet on some Kurt Warner story here. ;)

I am going to guess most Bronco fans won't root for Russ after he leaves Denver but I am going to hope he does well by the way he has handled himself in Denver. I thought it was great last week seeing him involved on the sidelines. He didn't pout, he didn't give up. He was involved and tried to help Stidham out as much as he could. He seemed genuinely happy we won. I was never a huge fan of Russ in Seattle, always thought he was a tad overrated (still thought he was a good QB because well he was) was very happy when we traded for him given our QB struggled Post Manning (how could you not be happy) and even though he didn't work out here in terms of what we expected I did admire how he handled all of the negativity. He was the butt of everyone's joke's last year. No player was trashed on more in the NFL then Wilson last year... It was nice to see that let up a bit this year. At the end of the day..... I love how he handled it even though I think he was mentally beat down from it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't really blame Russell for this one. Wish he would have fixed the contract for the benefit of us fans but if I was in his situation I am not sure I would have either.

Russ is most likely going to be a bargain for someone else next year as we continue to pay him. He will be paid by two teams next year and he can more focus on his situation next year as oppose to the money part of it because he is already getting paid a ton from a team he won't be on. I think he is mentally beat down in Denver. He just looks mentally beat down by media, fans, negative exposure etc. There is no emotion to him right now. He probably needs a change after just two years. Everyone has beat him down. He hasn't been worth what we gave up or paid him but despite what some Seahawk fans and players say about him as a person I think he has handled his situation with class. He has done well with the adversity of playing through so much negativity. Even his own teammates have lashed out. I get the other side too because of the frustration for the expectations and money he was paid.. This is just one expensive marriage but we can rebound from it... We won't be able to spend a ton of money on another QB because of it but we can rebound in the draft. I won't bet on some Kurt Warner story here. ;)

I am going to guess most Bronco fans won't root for Russ after he leaves Denver but I am going to hope he does well by the way he has handled himself in Denver. I thought it was great last week seeing him involved on the sidelines. He didn't pout, he didn't give up. He was involved and tried to help Stidham out as much as he could. He seemed genuinely happy we won. I was never a huge fan of Russ in Seattle, always thought he was a tad overrated (still thought he was a good QB because well he was) was very happy when we traded for him given our QB struggled Post Manning (how could you not be happy) and even though he didn't work out here in terms of what we expected I did admire how he handled all of the negativity. He was the butt of everyone's joke's last year. No player was trashed on more in the NFL then Wilson last year... It was nice to see that let up a bit this year. At the end of the day..... I love how he handled it even though I think he was mentally beat down from it.

I'll be pulling for Russell Wilson's success elsewhere, as I agree with your perspective. Not only did he handle himself with class, it has not been uncommon to bump into him weekly at the Children's Hospital, putting smiles on faces. He's truly a good man.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great Post!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still blame his wife - that's how I do.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ is on the roster on March 17, then 2025 becomes guaranteed right? But if they cut him before June then his entire $85 million in dead cap hits the team for 2024 right? Is there a way to cut him post-June to spread out that cap hit while making sure he isn't on the roster in March so that his salary becomes guaranteed?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ is on the roster on March 17, then 2025 becomes guaranteed right? But if they cut him before June then his entire $85 million in dead cap hits the team for 2024 right? Is there a way to cut him post-June to spread out that cap hit while making sure he isn't on the roster in March so that his salary becomes guaranteed?
Yes. They'll cut him before the guaranteed money kicks in with a June designation. Its paper shuffling really to spread out the cap hit over two years.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They'll cut him before the guaranteed money kicks in with a June designation. Its paper shuffling really to spread out the cap hit over two years.
So "June designation" doesn't really have anything to do with June but rather an accounting term used?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't mess up your team if you are that type of player I am damn glad he is gone F him

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton was not here and he knew that was poison he was not going to swallow

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end most will not hold it against him i will he signed a contract that would hurt his own team .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a new sheriff in town but yes you are technically correct . To not do it all the same was hurting him and his team how did it hurt him you say ? he knows teams will look at this as a back biter that only looks out for him .. to win you have to have players around you. Look how brady won all them SB's and still looked out for his team .

This is why I gotten to the point I don't like the NFL . and it is beginning to sour me on the College game as well . no love of the game and way to much team turnover ... I despise the NBA . there is no team what so ever .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no . next year what he make is subtracted from that 40 something million . I bet we will see teams getting into a bidding war he played alright this year . if he get 10 million that will get subtracted from what we own. we are not on the hook for all of it from what I seen

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes you want him to win big contract means we are off the hook

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted to leave .. good bye is all I got to say . he was never a bronco he is about something else .. may he get those things from another team .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Sean has this mindset that his “system” makes the QB we are in for another 4 years of meddling QB play think Jake Plummer.

will be mildly disappointed if Denver doesn’t draft a QB

Penix is my choice. not concerned about the knees. more concerned about the shoulders but on the field he has touch and a fastball.

need a fastball in the red zone and touch between the 20s.

what he did at Indiana in 2020 is pretty impressive as well. one of the few times Hoosiers were ranked