• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson rides into Pittsburgh

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to what guarantees Wilson is receiving. Is there something that prevents the Steelers from blindsiding the World, moving up in the Draft to get a QB, and then saying to Wilson 'Thanks. Here's your $1.2M guarantee. You can go now'?
No. Denver is paying 99% of his 2024 salary so he can get cut at any time and he still gets his $36 million. Pitt can do whatever they want at this point they’re only on the hook for less than $2 million.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move by the steelers.
1.2 mil is a bargain for a back up QB
Now no matter what they will have a back up with plenty of starting exp.
Both QBs combined contracts for the year are less than some teams QB game checks for a couple games.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a marvel the dude's head doesn't rupture with that ego of his.

Honestly, I'm not overly thrilled with the Steelers bringing him in, as I would have been willing to give Rudolph an extended look given how well he played at the end of last season.

There is a reason why the Seahawks and Broncos moved on from Wilson, but apparently getting him at the price they did was too tempting for the Steelers.

I'm not even sure what the hell Wilson means by saying he paved the way for black QBs.

Fucking Jamarcus Russell was drafted first overall five years before Wilson even entered the league.

Warren Moon didn't win a Superbowl, but wasn't even drafted and had to play in Canada for years before being given the opportunity to become one of the greatest passers in NFL history.

If Mahomes owes anyone, it's the likes of Moon and Doug Williams.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still hilarious.

Tomlin and Wilson are a real set of boobs.