• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson benched

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Wilson’s contract say he’s required to “elevate the team around him?”
Since you're asserting it doesn't in later posts, I'll wait for you to provide the burden of proof.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson’s play is what kept Denver in the hunt. It’s pretty clear that Payton had a personal grudge against Wilson from the time he was hired.

Wilson has had a negative thing attached to him ever since Seattle lost that Super Bowl against NE on the worst play call in Super Bowl history.

Part of it is Seattle was ridiculed when they drafted him. They called it a wasted pick because of his size. He proved those people wrong and they didn’t like it. There’s always been an element of the NFL establishment types which have wanted him to fail.
Lol, no. Wilson has run a simplified version of the offense Payton ran in NOLA. He frequently misses open receivers, holds the ball too long resulting in poor decisions and turnovers. He tries to rely on his scrambling skill set, but isn't as elusive as he used to be. He's had a dumbed down system or at least simplified as evidenced by his arm band adjustment, and simplified wr route trees.

There was also an article a few weeks back showing that the honus of the poor output on offense is due to his inability to make the right decision, or at least make the least objectionable one.

His "skillset" consists of running around making throws like a backyard football game. Thats not the offense Payton, Paton or the Penner's obviously had in mind when Payton was hired, or you'd hear them say that. You also wouldn't have heard Wilson say he was looking forward to running his offense, much less his calls to Brees about how the offense worked.

Wilson has a significant problem with finding intermediate receivers, as evidenced by the check downs or the deep shots with nothing in between.

Do others bear responsibility? Absolutely. Maybe it was a bad game plan, poor adjustments, or bad routes and dropped balls. But the majority of the issues start with the play of the guy getting the offense into the right checks, getting the play off in time, getting the ball to the right guy, and making the right read.

I'm interested in seeing how Stidham runs the offense. Reports out of Denver say the pace and execution are doing better.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is more relevant than the Broncos even without Wilson. That pisses off some people.

He did have a great run in Seattle. He could continue that in Denver if he had a coaching staff which knew what to do with him.

I know Denver fans are still upset about that embarrassing Super Bowl loss.
Seattle is using Lock as their qb. That really doesn't piss off many Bronco fans. Since you left the AFC West, your team was rarely a topic of conversation other than the trade, which a number of us admittedly didn't like from the start.

The "run" he had in Seattle was just that. Heavy running with his scrambling and taking downfield shots. A luxury you had since they had one of the best defenses in league history. Without that defense, did a Wilson led team ever make headlines? No.

Hell, it took Elway getting TD before he could win a Superbowl. We can admit that as fans, but to hear you blather on about him you'd think he put teams on his back and carried them to a Superbowl, much less four like Elway did.

As for being upset about the loss to Seattle, that's hardly true. Its not even remotely close to the Niners blowout, the loss to a back up qb in DC, or even the loss at home in the playoffs to the Jags.

Embarrassing is you thinking that somehow we give two shits about one of your last relevant seasons of playoff football, while we've had arguably the most dominant defensive backfields since your legion of boom, resulting in a Superbowl 50 win.

Enjoy your playoff run this year. Hopefully you'll do better than the wildcard losses you've had every year but one since 2016. You definitely are more relevant than us.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in seeing how Stidham runs the offense. Reports out of Denver say the pace and execution are doing better.

I went back and watched his preseason highlights. Noticeable how he could see receivers running routes over the middle and could get them the ball while standing tall in the pocket…

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is using Lock as their qb. That really doesn't piss off many Bronco fans. Since you left the AFC West, your team was rarely a topic of conversation other than the trade, which a number of us admittedly didn't like from the start.

The "run" he had in Seattle was just that. Heavy running with his scrambling and taking downfield shots. A luxury you had since they had one of the best defenses in league history. Without that defense, did a Wilson led team ever make headlines? No.

Hell, it took Elway getting TD before he could win a Superbowl. We can admit that as fans, but to hear you blather on about him you'd think he put teams on his back and carried them to a Superbowl, much less four like Elway did.

As for being upset about the loss to Seattle, that's hardly true. Its not even remotely close to the Niners blowout, the loss to a back up qb in DC, or even the loss at home in the playoffs to the Jags.

Embarrassing is you thinking that somehow we give two shits about one of your last relevant seasons of playoff football, while we've had arguably the most dominant defensive backfields since your legion of boom, resulting in a Superbowl 50 win.

Enjoy your playoff run this year. Hopefully you'll do better than the wildcard losses you've had every year but one since 2016. You definitely are more relevant than us.
I would actually like to see Lock succeed with the Seahawks or anywhere else. I do feel we gave up on him too quickly.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and watched his preseason highlights. Noticeable how he could see receivers running routes over the middle and could get them the ball while standing tall in the pocket…
Reports out of Denver this week are saying the offense is really smooth, or something of the sort.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get something really clear, this conversation happened AFTER the Broncos beat the Chiefs, first time in forever. Wilson did not get benched after the conversation. They went on to win 3 more, no benching, same conversation. Now they are still going to dress him as the 2?

As far as Payton, yeah, he is a different guy. I would assume the Broncos need to wait until the traded picks are made before they pay him to stay home too.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapaport just said Wilson took it as a threat to be benched, Broncos never told him that. Broncos also asked him to push back the injury guarantee a year, not to reduce or alter it in any way.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapaport just said Wilson took it as a threat to be benched, Broncos never told him that. Broncos also asked him to push back the injury guarantee a year, not to reduce or alter it in any way.
You've been so brilliant on this subject - up until now.

You seem to be promoting the idea that "pushing the injury guarantee back a year" did not reduce or alter the contract in anyway. On the face of it - that's incorrect.

The basic fact here is the Broncos don't trust Wilson's value to the team is worth the cost imposed by the current contract approved and signed by the Broncos. More specifically - the injury insurance premium the Broncos would have to pay to offset the Risk of Wilson getting injured and defaulting a large chunk of the contract as guaranteed to Wilson (therefore Wilson has no reason to get well from the injury).

The contract provision has forced the Broncos to make a definite evaluation of Wilson's services and the Broncos decided to move on.

Did the Broncos make a good faith effort to help Wilson prove himself worthy of the contract protection? I think they did. The Broncos shrunk the offense down to a tiny size for Wilson to manage but has had inconsistent performances this season. Inconsistent performances are what rookies and deteriorating veterans show on the field.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way he can elevate the play of a receiver is to get him the ball.
Damn, I am sorry I missed all this .. So much for spending time with the family on holidays, this is the place to be

If you've watched the Broncos as much as you've said you have, you know that there isn't enough space on this forum to post all the examples

KJ01.jpg

KJ02.gif

Jerry-Jeudy-open.webp

sack.jpg

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been so brilliant on this subject - up until now.

You seem to be promoting the idea that "pushing the injury guarantee back a year" did not reduce or alter the contract in anyway. On the face of it - that's incorrect.

The basic fact here is the Broncos don't trust Wilson's value to the team is worth the cost imposed by the current contract approved and signed by the Broncos. More specifically - the injury insurance premium the Broncos would have to pay to offset the Risk of Wilson getting injured and defaulting a large chunk of the contract as guaranteed to Wilson (therefore Wilson has no reason to get well from the injury).

The contract provision has forced the Broncos to make a definite evaluation of Wilson's services and the Broncos decided to move on.

Did the Broncos make a good faith effort to help Wilson prove himself worthy of the contract protection? I think they did. The Broncos shrunk the offense down to a tiny size for Wilson to manage but has had inconsistent performances this season. Inconsistent performances are what rookies and deteriorating veterans show on the field.
If I were to post my opinion on said news report your post accurately reflects my views. However, I was in a hurry and simply posted the snippet from NFLN's interview with Ian.

And you said you hated getting inside my head. ;)

And I wasn't promoting the idea as much as correcting all the false narrative out there that Payton or Paton has somehow acted in a thuggish or unprofessional manner. Nobody knows what happened, but now that both sides have a statement out about the issue and given WIlson's past issues with Seattle over similar circumstances, I'd say his skin is a bit thinner than he'd like to claim.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t show where Wilson’s contract contains a clause which says he’s required to elevate the play of others as you claimed, so you fall back on insults. That’s awesome.

You don’t know football. You don’t what players are responsible for and what coaches are responsible for.

Come back and continue this when you grow up.
can you show me a clause that guarantees Russ playing time?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far Stidham has been as a good as Wilson, so there's that.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will not be playing for us next year. Payton has already made up his mind that Wilson is not the guy for his offense
If Wilson plays well for another team next year they will have to pay him big bucks .. meaning we will not have to pay him near as much after that .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he won’t be playing well for Denver
Who said he would be . let the door hit him in the ass . he should have fixed the contract like we asked.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know our GM does need to be showed the door for this arsine contract...