• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson after 2021

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wilson getting traded will largely depend on how much he pushes the issue. If he really pushes the issue he'll likely get traded but if he's passive-aggressive like he usually is he'll be a Seahawk next season. I believe his issues are with Carroll and him not seeing eye to eye anymore so I don't think anything has changed from last offseason to now.

I don't see him being a Seahawk beyond 2022 though as he's going to want an extension after the upcoming season and I don't see the Seahawks paying him top dollar like he'll command as long as Carroll is around. So at that point I see them trading him to maximize his trade value and going from there.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing wilson can do is just play out the contract he signed because I dont think he wants the negative publicity that comes with demanding trades as it would hurt his brand and would probably turn a lot of GMs off. Bottom line the Seahawks arent trading him to a loaded team that is a QB away from winning a super bowl and making the Seahawks look bad. Russell Wilson isnt then accepting a trade to a bad team to where he is in a worse situation then making him look like an idiot for leaving.

The only possible scenario that someone touched on would be the Bears sending Fields plus 3 first round picks to the Texans, The Texans sending Watson to Seattle, Seattle sending RW to Chicago and 2 first round picks to Houston. So Seattle gets Watson, Chicago gets Wilson, and Houston gets fields plus 5 first round picks. You can't beat that. Of course this was before Watson was caught having his massage sex festivals.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I'm sure there's some smoke to these trade talks but I feel it's more media driven with the off-season upon us. I don't see RW going anywhere this year but if it's another crap season then I can see the FO moving on and going to a full rebuild.
I'm with you. This could be the last season for both RW and PC.
As good as RW has been they're just not getting it done. He's been a top tier QB yet Seattle continues to come up empty.
Something will have to change.
You can blame coaching, drafting or the lack there of, not the best FA moves, RW running for his life...
Likely it's a combination of them all.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. This could be the last season for both RW and PC.
As good as RW has been they're just not getting it done. He's been a top tier QB yet Seattle continues to come up empty.
Something will have to change.
You can blame coaching, drafting or the lack there of, not the best FA moves, RW running for his life...
Likely it's a combination of them all.
Definitely a combo of everyone.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 'll swap you BB and McCorkle for Wilson and Carrol
Shocked Monday Night Football GIF by ESPN

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave him directions back in 97, 98 on his first day of coaching at NE. They used to practice at Bryant College back then, and that was around the corner from my joint. I see a guy in a Caddy Seville pull over and ask how to get on I-95. I said North or South, and stop chewing when you talk to me

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave him directions back in 97, 98 on his first day of coaching at NE. They used to practice at Bryant College back then, and that was around the corner from my joint. I see a guy in a Caddy Seville pull over and ask how to get on I-95. I said North or South, and stop chewing when you talk to me
Sounds like he didn’t take your advice

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were serious enough to were John Schneider had a deal in place with the Bears before Pete came in and said no
Can’t remember what the cap hit numbers were but it was brutal, Schneider was out of his mind if he considered that …

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t remember what the cap hit numbers were but it was brutal, Schneider was out of his mind if he considered that …
It was a rumor from the Bears' side but there is no indication that Schneider was at all ready to accept it only to be blocked by Carroll.
They met and discussed a trade possibility. The Seahawks turned down the offer. No one here or in the press knows any actual details of how that went down. Don’t bother posting any of the articles as I have already read a bunch of them. They all come from one source, they speculate but don't clarify any details and/or have any quotes from the team personal.

Taking a $26 million dead cap hit this year would ruin the cap and force the team into rebuild mode, which makes no sense. It made even less sense last year when the number was $39 million.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome! Did he stop chewing his damn gum?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a rumor from the Bears' side but there is no indication that Schneider was at all ready to accept it only to be blocked by Carroll.
They met and discussed a trade possibility. The Seahawks turned down the offer. No one here or in the press knows any actual details of how that went down. Don’t bother posting any of the articles as I have already read a bunch of them. They all come from one source, they speculate but don't clarify any details and/or have any quotes from the team personal.

Taking a $26 million dead cap hit this year would ruin the cap and force the team into rebuild mode, which makes no sense. It made even less sense last year when the number was $39 million.
At Pete's age I can't see him wanting to go through a total rebuild.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did after a windstorm or something knocked his teeth out. He actually was real nice and I dug his pimp mobile caddy, fit right in
That's cool as hell! You should have asked for a stick of gum as finders fee.