• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson after 2021

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for quoting all that. Not necessary. Rams won fair and square, and you are giving the win to one player?

He helped for sure, but you are crazy if you believe that. It was “low scoring” offense that won that game.
You didn’t say “win by themselves” and neither did I. Apparently quoting all that was necessary as you still don’t remember what you said. You said name one example where trading for one player for a bunch of picks worked. The Jalen Ramsey trade worked for the Rams.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t say “win by themselves” and neither did I. Apparently quoting all that was necessary as you still don’t remember what you said. You said name one example where trading for one player for a bunch of picks worked. The Jalen Ramsey trade worked for the Rams.
Ok you win, but we can agree to disagree?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you win, but we can agree to disagree?
I don’t disagree with you, I too think trading away picks Willy nilly is a poor move for most front offices and the overall health of an organization.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you guys turned that down if is for three first round picks. Seattle is not a playoff team with RW so why not take the picks?
Yeah, it’s a good offer… 11th is nice, but next year and the year after would probably be lower picks because Russ would most likely get the Commanders in the playoffs… I think more offers might come in, gonna be interesting …

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11th is awful tasty. The next two could be lower? We never know for sure. But the next two could also be packaged to move up? Or 5 first over the next three years hard to turn that down.

Having said that, I think most franchises would give up quite a bit if it even guarenteed just one Lombardi.

It's a lot harder then people think. Or they forget. So many things have to go right in order to win a SB.

NE just made it look easy.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you guys turned that down if is for three first round picks. Seattle is not a playoff team with RW so why not take the picks?
Pete Carrol disagrees with you.

If they traded RW then the rebuild begins with $26 million in dead money hamstringing the situation. A 71 year old PC has zero interest in that.

Please explain to me why this trade would make any sense from Pete's perspective. Not the long term franchise perspective, from the soon-to-retire coach/executive vice president of football operations (note that I throw in his additional title to indicate his power within the organization).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carrol disagrees with you.

If they traded RW then the rebuild begins with $26 million in dead money hamstringing the situation. A 71 year old PC has zero interest in that.

Please explain to me why this trade would make any sense from Pete's perspective. Not the long term franchise perspective, from the soon-to-retire coach/executive vice president of football operations (note that I throw in his additional title to indicate his power within the organization).

It should be about the team not the coach

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be about the team not the coach
That makes no sense at all. Carroll is all about the immediate considering his age. He has a lot of power within the franchise to mold the personal in conjunction with GM Schneider.

Reality is different than what should or should not be. Plus I think I trust Pete's judgement more than internet fans.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Seahawks can get what they are getting offered next offseason which is why I don't think they are inclined to trade Wilson now and only do so if Wilson pushes hard enough for it.

I think if you want to Seattle to budge this offseason teams will have to throw in an impact player in the mix and not just a flat 3 1st round picks. Seattle might bend it's ear more to Washington if they built a package around Chase Young for example since that gives Seattle a young player they can use now in a position they sorely need at arguably the 2nd most valuable position in football.

Next offseason is where things will happen because the cap hit drops and it'll be a scenario where it's either extend or trade him. I'd say the most likely scenario is he gets traded but have to see how the season plays out and whose in charge in 2023.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks can get what they are getting offered next offseason which is why I don't think they are inclined to trade Wilson now and only do so if Wilson pushes hard enough for it.

I think if you want to Seattle to budge this offseason teams will have to throw in an impact player in the mix and not just a flat 3 1st round picks. Seattle might bend it's ear more to Washington if they built a package around Chase Young for example since that gives Seattle a young player they can use now in a position they sorely need at arguably the 2nd most valuable position in football.

Next offseason is where things will happen because the cap hit drops and it'll be a scenario where it's either extend or trade him. I'd say the most likely scenario is he gets traded but have to see how the season plays out and whose in charge in 2023.
Last off-season, Seattle's FO was on board with the trade offer they received from the Bears. They agreed to it and went to Pete Carroll with the offer. Carroll refused since he reportedly didn't see a point in being around for a rebuild (given his age) and the deal would have left them with no other option available which could have realistically made them competitive in 2021.

I honestly think that's the driving force here. If Carroll retired after 2020, Wilson is likely a Chicago Bear as we sit here today. So long as Carroll is their HC - I doubt we see Wilson get moved.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last off-season, Seattle's FO was on board with the trade offer they received from the Bears. They agreed to it and went to Pete Carroll with the offer. Carroll refused since he reportedly didn't see a point in being around for a rebuild (given his age) and the deal would have left them with no other option available which could have realistically made them competitive in 2021.

I honestly think that's the driving force here. If Carroll retired after 2020, Wilson is likely a Chicago Bear as we sit here today. So long as Carroll is their HC - I doubt we see Wilson get moved.
This

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the vast majority of what you are saying with a note:
While it is true that Carroll blocked the trade to the Bears last year there is no indication that the Seahawks had agreed to any trade.

GM- John Schneider was preparing to negotiate but PC had the ability to halt any further discussion. Even if Pete hadn't stepped in the trade might not have gone through. There was no agreement in place, only an offer.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........so my take didn't age well!

This was probably greased by Rodger's big new deal. The Seahawks didn't want to go in on a $40-50 million per year extension.

I guess 71 year old PC is ok with a rebuild. Which QB are they targeting in the draft?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........so my take didn't age well!

This was probably greased by Rodger's big new deal. The Seahawks didn't want to go in on a $40-50 million per year extension.

I guess 71 year old PC is ok with a rebuild. Which QB are they targeting in the draft?
Drafting no QB would be better then taking a QB this draft.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting no QB would be better then taking a QB this draft.
I agree with that. Don't waste these picks they just recouped. The only way they should even look at a QB is if there is some "dude" in the 4th rd or later that nobody knows about and they get lucky.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Don't waste these picks they just recouped. The only way they should even look at a QB is if there is some "dude" in the 4th rd or later that nobody knows about and they get lucky.
I'm looking at Bailey Zappe as a 4th round possibility for Dallas.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, I was right, RW was going to get traded. Denver offered the better deal than Washington.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, I was right, RW was going to get traded. Denver offered the better deal than Washington.
It would appear that Washington offered a better deal, but either Russ didn’t want to go there or the Seahawks didn’t want to trade him within conference