• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Westbrook 50 point triple double

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing grumbling of an Enis Kanter for Blake Griffin trade. If that happens Okc would be the most athletic team in the league with Russ, Olodipo, and Griffin.
:pound:

Link?

Milsap, Love, Aldridge....sure.

Kanter?

Doc is a bad GM.

But, he's not stupid.

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when Westbrook is chucking so many poor quality shots, at least not for my taste. I prefer team basketball with the stars playing within the scheme.
You can't argue with success.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people would agree with that.

With the exception of a few :rolleyes2:

I never said he was better than westbrick (although Irving shoots a much higher %)....i said he was better than curry

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie can score.

Westbrook can score, create, defend and rebound.

The only thing Kyrie is better at is shooting and over dribbling.

No contest.

Westbrick has been amazing so far, although it's early, and i expect his numbers to come way down

Kyrie is avg 25 ppg and shooting 50% fg and 50% 3 100% ft....that is nothing to sniff at

The thing about PG's is always important to look at is TO's...most important stat for PG's...shows a smart pg from a stupid one

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some stuff out of a local article, obviously he gets it.

And Donovan said it's “absolutely not” possible for Westbrook to keep up his current workload.

“One thing that I've always respected about Russell is he's very honest, very truthful and very direct,” Donovan said. “I think that even he understands and knows, talking to him, that… what happened (Friday) night is not sustainable.”

For now, though, it might be the 2-0 Thunder's best chance to win.

There's still offense left to install, Donovan said, particularly for Oklahoma City's big and small lineup packages. And the Thunder, with six newcomers, still needs time to come together.

Until that happens, Westbrook can carry a heavy load. He did on Friday, taking a career-high 44 shots.

“There's probably some shots of those 44 that probably weren't good that he needs to have back, that we need to have back, but you know what?” Donovan said, “you cannot argue the guy's threshold for work, for physicality, for competitiveness, for energy. It was unbelievable what he did last night.”

But over time, he needs support.

Westbrook has 19 assists and 44 potential assists, passes that would have led to assists if a teammate had made the resulting field-goal attempts. He's setting up the Thunder.

He can, by his own admission, do it better.

“I thought I should have (involved other guys) a lot more, honestly,” Westbrook said of his Friday performance. “Throughout the game, I got to find ways to be able to not just trust them, but get them the ball in positions where they can score the basketball.”

That means moving the ball more, Donovan said, getting it from one side of the court to another and back again. It means Westbrook making the right reads within the offense to get the ball moving.

“This is gonna be a process for us and I'm OK with that and it's to be expected,” Donovan said.

As that process plays out, Westbrook will have an extra-heavy burden.

So the Thunder will take precautions. The medical determines what a player can do in practice the day after a game based on his minutes, and once players were allowed in the building on Saturday, Westbrook was among those who Donovan said had a “very, very light day.”

For his part, Westbrook seems unfazed by what he's being asked to do. Though he admitted after Friday's game that he needed a bite to eat, he shrugged off the suggestion that an effort like that one could be draining.

“You got to want to win,” Westbrook said. “It's very simple. You want to win, you don't think about being tired. To me, being tired is a mind thing. It's in your mind.”

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrick has been amazing so far, although it's early, and i expect his numbers to come way down

Kyrie is avg 25 ppg and shooting 50% fg and 50% 3 100% ft....that is nothing to sniff at

The thing about PG's is always important to look at is TO's...most important stat for PG's...shows a smart pg from a stupid one

I'm sorry.

You must mean assists to turnover ratios, right?

One guy averages almost 10 and the other guy 4.

The guy with 10 dimes averages 3.5 turnovers and the guy with 4 dimes averages 2.7.

So, your point is blown to shit.

Again, Kyrie is a great ahooter.

But, no rational person will utter his name in the same sentence as Westbrook when talking about all around players.

It's not even close.

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry.

You must mean assists to turnover ratios, right?

We would have to grade Kyrie on the curve.

One guy averages almost 10 and the other guy 4.

Again, Kyrie is a great ahooter.

But, no rational person will utter his name in the same sentence e as Westbrook when talking about all around players.

It's not even close.

You can't just discount a guy and say oh all he does is shoot much better fg, 3pt and ft...that is half the game...As for rebounding and assists their career numbers are quite close actually

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't just discount a guy and say oh all he does is shoot much better fg, 3pt and ft...that is half the game...As for rebounding and assists their career numbers are quite close actually

Seriously, you are making it worse...lol

Career numbers?

I thought we were talking about who's better NOW.

Okay....I'll play along..for their careers.

Kyrie is at 3.4 boards and 5.5 dimes.

Westbrook is at 5.6 and 7.6.

...Again, Westbrook wins...Lmao

Now, we are only 2 or 3 games in. So, let's compare last year.

Kyrie 3 boards and 4.7 dimes.

Westbrook 7.8 boards and 10.4 dimes.

Just stop.

You act like I'm saying Kyrie is shit.

Westbrook is just better.

It's not even close.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was better than westbrick (although Irving shoots a much higher %)....i said he was better than curry

No, actually you said Kyrie is the best PG in the league.

That includes Westbrook.

In fact, you made a top 5 with Irving firm at the top.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...lol

Give it at least another Season.

He was better than Curry in the Finals.
Seriously, you are making it worse...lol

Career numbers?

I thought we were talking about who's better NOW.

Okay....I'll play along..for their careers.

Kyrie is at 3.4 boards and 5.5 dimes.

Westbrook is at 5.6 and 7.6.

...Again, Westbrook wins...Lmao

Now, we are only 2 or 3 games in. So, let's compare last year.

Kyrie 3 boards and 4.7 dimes.

Westbrook 7.8 boards and 10.4 dimes.

Just stop.

You act like I'm saying Kyrie is shit.

Westbrook is just better.

It's not even close.

This year is too early to look at

So 2 boards and 2 rebounds makes up the difference for Kyrie being substantially better at fg% and 3pt% and ft and less TO? I have to disagree

Anyways i never said Irving was better than westbrook in the first place

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...lol

Give it at least another Season.

He was better than Curry in the Finals.

I actually think your clips will take out GS in the playoffs....