• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ not happy in Seattle?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard his cap hit if traded is 5-6 mill more than Wentz so unlikely this offseason but maybe next offseason if they don't upgrade the OL?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some of the sound bites

bad look

he ain’t wrong, but talk about throwing the teammates under the bus

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, didn't he and his agent want more "unbridled DRuss" meaning more aggressive with the passing game instead of balancing with or emphasizing the running game? Running around extending passing plays then complaining about getting hit is mislaying the blame. You can throw the ball away and live to play the next down.

It's pretty funny that this comes out after the Super Bowl, given that the balanced attack of run game and quick passing destroyed the improvisational QB and abandoned running game. Patience and balance wins in the long run.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was waiting for someone to post this. I watched all the Hawks games and there were a LOT of sacks that were either because of a) Russ scrambling or goofing around in the backfield, or b) the scheme where the only target is apparently supposed to be 30+ yards down the field.

Seattle had a lot of sacks that were a result of nobody getting open because all Seattle knew how to do was check down passes or deep bombs (5-10+ yard passes didn't exist in that offense). Once NFL defenses wised up and started dropping 2 deep safeties every play, Seattle basically went full derp.

Seattle's OLINE protection was actually pretty good. And they haven't been ignoring it. They traded for Duane Brown and resigned him, they've drafted multiple 1st rounders in Russell's career and spent 3rd/4th rounders, etc. Just most of those guys were whiffs. Sucks but is what it is.

well the routes probably have something to do with it. when do we ever dial up and aggressive slant to keep teams honest? It's all horizontal crosses.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, didn't he and his agent want more "unbridled DRuss" meaning more aggressive with the passing game instead of balancing with or emphasizing the running game? Running around extending passing plays then complaining about getting hit is mislaying the blame. You can throw the ball away and live to play the next down.

It's pretty funny that this comes out after the Super Bowl, given that the balanced attack of run game and quick passing destroyed the improvisational QB and abandoned running game. Patience and balance wins in the long run.

defenses adjusted. there's still ways to be aggressive with the passing game without everything being a deep route. the question is what did the offense adjust to. those deep balls were all either our guy goes up for it or it's over everybody's head. defenses started playing 2 deep and that went away.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the routes probably have something to do with it. when do we ever dial up and aggressive slant to keep teams honest? It's all horizontal crosses.

I think Seattle has run a slant like twice in Russell's career. One of which resulted in a Super Bowl loss. Maybe that's why we never do it lol.

I'd also like to see more hurry up and decisiveness in the play selection. Earlier in the season we were snapping the ball with a good 10+ seconds left. Later in the season we were doing the stupid "EVERY SNAP is down to 1 second." And it seems like most of Wilson's career the play clock is winding down to 1/0 on every snap. It's pretty fuckin' easy to guess when to jump as a defensive lineman when the playclock is reaching 0... and it results in zero time to adjust for blitzes.

Pete is all about letting his coordinators run the show unless he has major issues with them (which he did with Schotty) so hopefully Waldron can bring some of the more up tempo style that was used in LA/St. Louis with him. McVay I'm sure drove a lot of that offense but maybe Waldron learned something lol.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle has run a slant like twice in Russell's career. One of which resulted in a Super Bowl loss. Maybe that's why we never do it lol.

I'd also like to see more hurry up and decisiveness in the play selection. Earlier in the season we were snapping the ball with a good 10+ seconds left. Later in the season we were doing the stupid "EVERY SNAP is down to 1 second." And it seems like most of Wilson's career the play clock is winding down to 1/0 on every snap. It's pretty fuckin' easy to guess when to jump as a defensive lineman when the playclock is reaching 0... and it results in zero time to adjust for blitzes.

Pete is all about letting his coordinators run the show unless he has major issues with them (which he did with Schotty) so hopefully Waldron can bring some of the more up tempo style that was used in LA/St. Louis with him. McVay I'm sure drove a lot of that offense but maybe Waldron learned something lol.
When they dial up slants they work. That call was just stupid because it was on the 1 yard line so everything was packed in there. But Pete donp't like that sort of thing! Scramble drill and let the LOB take care of it!. Oh, wait. They're all gone now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they dial up slants they work. That call was just stupid because it was on the 1 yard line so everything was packed in there. But Pete donp't like that sort of thing! Scramble drill and let the LOB take care of it!. Oh, wait. They're all gone now.

Don't follow what you're saying in what I bolded... but yes it seems like Pete hates the slant.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't follow what you're saying in what I bolded... but yes it seems like Pete hates the slant.

That Pete's living in the past and it takes a lot of luck on top of everything else to end up with a defense as dominant as we had during the SB run.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a Wilson fan since before he was drafted - so, Wilson

I agree, I don’t focus on the age difference unless I see 2 QBs totally equal, which I dont

Russ will be elite for another 5 years minimum IMO so that’s enough for me to ignore the age difference

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I don’t focus on the age difference unless I see 2 QBs totally equal, which I dont

Russ will be elite for another 5 years minimum IMO so that’s enough for me to ignore the age difference
I see Russ as a superstar.
I see Watson as very good.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing burger.
Someone asked for a link. They were insuating RW didn't say any of those things. I simply provided the link that shows what was said.

Definitely not a glowing review of what he's feeling/thinking.

Having said that I fully believe RW is in Seattle next year. Depending on how next year plays out may determine his future after that.
Just planting seeds IMO.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard his cap hit if traded is 5-6 mill more than Wentz so unlikely this offseason but maybe next offseason if they don't upgrade the OL?
Sounds about right. This seems like a warning shot to make a real effort to upgrade the OL or else type thing from camp Wilson.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Russ as a superstar.
I see Watson as very good.....
Sure but RW struggled down the stretch of the regular season and Watson hasn't even sniffed his prime yet. RW has.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some of the sound bites

bad look

he ain’t wrong, but talk about throwing the teammates under the bus

He eats a lot of sacks because he doesn't get the ball out quick. That could be him or it could be coaching thinking they can do what they used to which is thinking that they can go into scramble drill and find something if the low risk routes don't get anybody open. Maybe he's sick of the coaching staff banking on him doing that. If it's between him and PC then fuck PC.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but RW struggled down the stretch of the regular season and Watson hasn't even sniffed his prime yet. RW has.

Russ has literally done nothing but win football games in his career. Watson has two 4 win seasons under his belt

You may be completely right, but you’re basically choosing Watson because you’re convinced he will one day be Russ essentially. So give me the proven commodity

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ has literally done nothing but win football games in his career. Watson has two 4 win seasons under his belt

You may be completely right, but you’re basically choosing Watson because you’re convinced he will one day be Russ essentially. So give me the proven commodity
Watson hasn't had the offensive talent RW has.

He had Hop and they traded him.