• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running back by committee, good or bad?

Is it better to use a feature back, or have a platoon of RB's?

• Using several RB's is better than a featured back

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • A featured back is the way to go

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about college football so I can't really argue with that although I am inclined to say that may not be true in the SEC where they are running pro-style systems.

But when it comes to the fullback I just can't get on board as they limit so much what else can be done. Their lack of speed makes them more of a liability than an asset with the way defenses just keep getting bigger and faster. The proof in the pudding is the fact you don't see many FBs on rosters and I don't think you see any listed as starters.

Maybe, but I was just watching the NO-Minny game and I was thinking Christ, N.O. can't get any rhythm going in the run game between all three backs they are using, and Minnesota is tearing it up with Cook getting all the work. I kept thinking the Saints should pick a RB and let him start to figure out the defense and eventually he'll start making some headway, but instead they kept rotating guys in and they ended up with 3 backs without any of them getting over 20 yards total for the entire game.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I was just watching the NO-Minny game and I was thinking Christ, N.O. can't get any rhythm going in the run game between all three backs they are using, and Minnesota is tearing it up with Cook getting all the work. I kept thinking the Saints should pick a RB and let him start to figure out the defense and eventually he'll start making some headway, but instead they kept rotating guys in and they ended up with 3 backs without any of them getting over 20 yards total for the entire game.

I think that has more to do with the Vikings defense than the Saints system. Take yourself back to a time where Earth, Wind and Fire were the new trend in the NFL and GM's tried to mirror the Giants system.

It works - just not all the time for every team.