• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royals need to win now?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely pay much attention to baseball anymore outside of whatever sound bites I pick up from sports talk shows. But I gather the Royals traded away a super stud prospect for a non super stud but servicable starting pitcher and the reason used was "KC needs to win now".

So my question is, why, after 20+ years of sucking major ass, is it so important for them to win now? What's so important that you couldn't wait 1 or 2 more years for your super stud outfielder?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely pay much attention to baseball anymore outside of whatever sound bites I pick up from sports talk shows. But I gather the Royals traded away a super stud prospect for a non super stud but servicable starting pitcher and the reason used was "KC needs to win now".

So my question is, why, after 20+ years of sucking major ass, is it so important for them to win now? What's so important that you couldn't wait 1 or 2 more years for your super stud outfielder?

Gm trying desperately to save his job.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have no pitching and desperately paid for james shields, who is a very good #2. Wont put them over the top. Detroit has victor martinez coming back plus adding tori hunter to a very good lineup.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gm trying desperately to save his job.

Exactly.

The Royals seem to have a problem developing pitchers. They drafted plenty of good ones. They seem to reach a certain level of success in the minors & bottom out for some reason. I expect the pitchers Tampa got to get better very quickly.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Royals seem to have a problem developing pitchers. They drafted plenty of good ones. They seem to reach a certain level of success in the minors & bottom out for some reason. I expect the pitchers Tampa got to get better very quickly.

They've had a ridiculous number of high draft picks in recent years, too. I kinda thought they would've gotten over the hump of being a basement-dweller by now.

Personally, I'd like to see Jeremy Guthrie have a good full season with them.