• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2024

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42/47 89 yesterday. I hit the ball well all day, 6 GIR on the front. Could have easily been a couple over on the front, but the greens are fast & diabolical and were killing me all day.. several 3 putts and 2 from within 8 feet. Every bad shot seemed to wind up in a penalty area or unplayable too. The course in on a hillside overlooking a lake and there are few flat lies. Between the rolling terrain and which side the lake is on, putting is a guessing game and I am apparently not a very good guesser. My ball-striking is better than it's been in decades though, so it was a very good day.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... weather might be a small problem next week in Sanford and Asheboro, NC... it's supposed to rain all three days we're scheduled to play... hurricane rain... damn. And then I found this:

Weather

Golf is a game played against the course, the field, and the elements. Originating along the coast of Scotland, early golfers played in radiant sun that darkened to blowing rain and howling winds as quick as a competitor would stymie another in a close match. Weather, in all its unpredictable forms, is knit into the fabric of the game – plan ahead for any inclement weather conditions as play will continue under most conditions, i.e. cold, fog, rain, heat. Guest Information | Tobacco Road Golf Club | Sanford, NC

lol... fine... we'll play in a hurricane. :rain:
Supposedly, Tot Hill Farm GC is the 8th toughest run in the country... already... fer crying out loud.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best round since moving back to the white tees.

Shot a 41, 6 over. Not bad considering I was 5 over after 2.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... weather might be a small problem next week in Sanford and Asheboro, NC... it's supposed to rain all three days we're scheduled to play... hurricane rain... damn. And then I found this:

Weather

Golf is a game played against the course, the field, and the elements. Originating along the coast of Scotland, early golfers played in radiant sun that darkened to blowing rain and howling winds as quick as a competitor would stymie another in a close match. Weather, in all its unpredictable forms, is knit into the fabric of the game – plan ahead for any inclement weather conditions as play will continue under most conditions, i.e. cold, fog, rain, heat. Guest Information | Tobacco Road Golf Club | Sanford, NC

lol... fine... we'll play in a hurricane. :rain:
Supposedly, Tot Hill Farm GC is the 8th toughest run in the country... already... fer crying out loud.
You picked the absolute worst timing man. Hope you enjoyed anyways!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played The Country Club of Pittsfield (MA) on Sunday. Played like crap but the big story is that their new super chose to aerate and cross cut the greens the day after labor day! Cripes, they were horrible with both holes and lines across the greens. Short putts were fucking impossible so we all took anything inside the length of a putter.

We were there on a reciprocol and we were chatting with the bartender. He said the membership is PISSED. We aerate in mid October like all other clubs do. What possible reason is there to do it so early? They'll recover just in time to close the course in November.

• Wow
Reactions: H2S

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunk 2 40 footers for birdies but walked away with a triple on a par 5 where I'd hit my 3rd to 12 feet. Yep, I 5-putted from 12 feet. The greens at the 2 places I play around here drive me nuts. I was above the hole, missed and it rolled 10' past. I left my second 4' short, hit my 3rd 4' past, missed the downhiller 4th then sunk a 3 footer for an 8. I've missed plenty of 3 footers in my life so it actually could have been worse. I was not a happy camper and my putter could have very easily not made it to the next tee.

• Haha

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
golf league wrapped up last week...shot a 45 to close out with a pretty shitty short game.

I have a best ball tournament on Friday then hoping to play 9 holes next weekend.

I am looking forward to some fall golf though

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much rain, much flooding...
too much.
got rain checks for all three rounds yesterday - good for a year...
small comfort.
didn't even get the sticks out of the trunk.
checked out of the motel two days early.
drove home yesterday.
got an ache in the soul right now.
dammit.

on Monday, after copping our rain checks at Tobacco Road, we drove down to Pinehurst, sat in the Deuce and watched uber intrepid groups coming in 18... driving rain was at 45°... pin flag straight out... golfers sopped, dripping, most not even bothering with umbrellas... got weak cheers from the bar crowd as they sloshed in. shit, for all I know, they were postal workers on golf vacation. crazy.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much rain, much flooding...
too much.
got rain checks for all three rounds yesterday - good for a year...
small comfort.
didn't even get the sticks out of the trunk.
checked out of the motel two days early.
drove home yesterday.
got an ache in the soul right now.
dammit.

on Monday, after copping our rain checks at Tobacco Road, we drove down to Pinehurst, sat in the Deuce and watched uber intrepid groups coming in 18... driving rain was at 45°... pin flag straight out... golfers sopped, dripping, most not even bothering with umbrellas... got weak cheers from the bar crowd as they sloshed in. shit, for all I know, they were postal workers on golf vacation. crazy.
That really sucks you got a rain out. But at least you got the rain checks.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really sucks you got a rain out. But at least you got the rain checks.
yep, just give me a two/three-day storms window and I'll be popping down to RDU...
New Bern brother fell instantly in love with TR as soon as we turned in to the property and looked right...
"HOLY SHIT!!!"

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, just give me a two/three-day storms window and I'll be popping down to RDU...
New Bern brother fell instantly in love with TR as soon as we turned in to the property and looked right...
"HOLY SHIT!!!"
It's great. Let me know when you get it rescheduled and I'll try to join.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great. Let me know when you get it rescheduled and I'll try to join.
cool... would be nice accompanying someone somewhat familiar with Strantz's artistry. :thumb:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
88 yesterday for my last round of the season here in NY. Same old same old.. decent ball striking and a mess on the greens. Heading back to Michigan in a couple of days and looking forward to playing greens not nearly as severe as the 2 places I play here. I'm hitting it too good to not be scoring better.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sitting here at home sulking, doing my Jethro Bodine golf ciphering...
v'played 42 rounds this year (best was 77, worst was many over a hunnert)...
average score was 84...
average number of putts (on the 12 courses I recorded such) was 37...
putting accounted for 44% of all strokes. jebus.
And, so, do I practice my putting? or my short game in general?
Fuck no... get to that range and worthlessly blast away bucket after bucket.
Things gonna change.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sitting here at home sulking, doing my Jethro Bodine golf ciphering...
v'played 42 rounds this year (best was 77, worst was many over a hunnert)...
average score was 84...
average number of putts (on the 12 courses I recorded such) was 37...
putting accounted for 44% of all strokes. jebus.
And, so, do I practice my putting? or my short game in general?
Fuck no... get to that range and worthlessly blast away bucket after bucket.
Things gonna change.

Do you count fringe putts as putts? I need to start keeping track of all that again. One of the courses I've been playing has a great chipping and putting green. I spent a lot of time there and it is as severe as the greens there. My chipping has improved a lot. But it didn't matter how much I practiced I just couldn't get the pace right consistently on putts.. going from lightening fast downhillers to much slower uphill putts. What I really need to do is take a handful of balls and putt 5 footers for an hour or so every time I practice. If I can make the short ones the rest should take care of itself.. but who wants to stand their putting 5 footers for an hour?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you count fringe putts as putts? I need to start keeping track of all that again. One of the courses I've been playing has a great chipping and putting green. I spent a lot of time there and it is as severe as the greens there. My chipping has improved a lot. But it didn't matter how much I practiced I just couldn't get the pace right consistently on putts.. going from lightening fast downhillers to much slower uphill putts. What I really need to do is take a handful of balls and putt 5 footers for an hour or so every time I practice. If I can make the short ones the rest should take care of itself.. but who wants to stand their putting 5 footers for an hour?
nah. anything off the green is a chip or a pitch - neither of which I can claim any mote of competence. Somebody told me there was a 3-week "Green Reading" course out there... I'd like to at least peruse the Cliff Notes 3-hour version.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah. anything off the green is a chip or a pitch - neither of which I can claim any mote of competence. Somebody told me there was a 3-week "Green Reading" course out there... I'd like to at least peruse the Cliff Notes 3-hour version.

Not a bad idea. I discovered just how little I know about reading greens this summer. There's a reason the pros walk all around and look at it from all angles for example.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea. I discovered just how little I know about reading greens this summer. There's a reason the pros walk all around and look at it from all angles for example.
oh yeah, very high tech and totally incomprehensible GPS greens topography apps @foster4prez's probably got one.