• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round of 32: Arizona vs. Gonzaga

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

Just wanted to stop by and say good luck tonight. I'll be rooting for Gonzaga but unless they play perfect for 40 minutes I think Arizona will be going to the sweet 16. Don't get me wrong I expect the Zags to play well and keep the game competitive but in the end Arizona will be too much to overcome. If the game is half as exciting as the one back in 03 this game will be fantastic. Here's hoping for no injuries and that the refs call it fair and not nearly as tight as the GU/OSU game.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im getting anxious for this shit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA becomes the second Pac12 team in the Sweet 16. Time to make it three.

BTFD

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Just wanted to stop by and say good luck tonight. I'll be rooting for Gonzaga but unless they play perfect for 40 minutes I think Arizona will be going to the sweet 16. Don't get me wrong I expect the Zags to play well and keep the game competitive but in the end Arizona will be too much to overcome. If the game is half as exciting as the one back in 03 this game will be fantastic. Here's hoping for no injuries and that the refs call it fair and not nearly as tight as the GU/OSU game.

GL sir! :suds:

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA becomes the second Pac12 team in the Sweet 16. Time to make it three.

BTFD

Im liking Stanford's chances to make it to the elite 8, and I think UCLA will challenge Florida but lose.
Hopefully we can make a run

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually the only night game I have any interest in watching.

I think zona blows them out... but given the history of the Zags cinderella story... you just never know.

I actually hope Zona blows them out though....

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was hoping GU would make a game of it but wow do you guys have a hell of a team. Fun to watch, no doubt about it. And it's scary to think that they could all be back next year and even stronger with the return of Brandon Ashley. Good luck the rest of the tournament, I'll be pulling for Arizona to win it all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was hoping GU would make a game of it but wow do you guys have a hell of a team. Fun to watch, no doubt about it. And it's scary to think that they could all be back next year and even stronger with the return of Brandon Ashley. Good luck the rest of the tournament, I'll be pulling for Arizona to win it all.

Thanks, they are a fun team to watch and they play the game the right way; They are selfless, are very willing passers and they give 100% effort on defense at all times.

... but there is zero chance that they will all be back next year. Sean Miller has already given out more scholarships for freshmen and transfers next season than he has to offer. At least 2 players (other than the lone senior Jordin Mayes) will not be on the roster.

You are right though, if somehow the core of the team returned and they added the #1 ranked SF in the country in Stanley Johnson (among others), they could be an all-time great team.... but unfortunately, that won't/can't happen.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone for sure: Aaron Gordon, Nick Johnson

Might declare: RHJ (Especially with how well he played tonight)

Doubtful to declare this year: Zeus (I think he goes pro after his junior year)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is TJ McConnell will be back next year. Stanley Johnson will benefit from having him as a PG just like Aaron Gordon did this year. Adding 3 solid freshman along with the top Junior College transfer in the nation (Kadeem Allen) to a core of TJ, York, Ashley and Tarczewski is scary.

I really hope Hollis-Jefferson returns, but if he has another big game against SDSU then his stock will be skyrocketing. If we win a NC then I don't care who the hell leaves. So let's take care of that first.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still doubt NJ and RHJ go pro IMO. NJ seems like a 4 year type of guy to me.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Gordon is going pro, but it's really too bad...I think an extra year could help him. He'd be potentially a number one pick with one more year under his belt and a 30% increase in FT shooting.

I think NJ is gone :( Only reason I think that is that his stock cannot get higher next year. Things can really only go downhill so far as his draft status goes. How does he surpass what he's done this year???

RHJ needs to stay. This is a guy that could explode next year and probably be in an ideal position to declare next year. Plus, we need to see that shimmy more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DraftExpress: Mock Draft. 2014 Mock Draft

According to DraftExpress.com, AG is predicted to go top 10, as expected, and Nick Johnson has made his way into the mix as the 1st pick in the 2nd round (31st overall). So it looks like NJ has a legit shot at being a first round draft pick, you never know. I guess it's looking more likely that he is gone after this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed also. I think NJ loves being a college player and would love to finish his college career out, especially since we could have another strong team next year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In the 2015 draft, the same site has the following Stanley Johnson, Rondae, and Kaleb all in the first round! They also have Brash listed as a second round pick. Man, if Nick Johnson decides to stay, our team will be stacked beyond belief! These are good problems to have people lol.

DraftExpress: Mock Draft. 2015 Mock Draft.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DraftExpress: Mock Draft. 2014 Mock Draft

According to DraftExpress.com, AG is predicted to go top 10, as expected, and Nick Johnson has made his way into the mix as the 1st pick in the 2nd round (31st overall). So it looks like NJ has a legit shot at being a first round draft pick, you never know. I guess it's looking more likely that he is gone after this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed also. I think NJ loves being a college player and would love to finish his college career out, especially since we could have another strong team next year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In the 2015 draft, the same site has the following Stanley Johnson, Rondae, and Kaleb all in the first round! They also have Brash listed as a second round pick. Man, if Nick Johnson decides to stay, our team will be stacked beyond belief! These are good problems to have people lol.

DraftExpress: Mock Draft. 2015 Mock Draft.

You aren't a private forum member are you...you'd know the answer to these questions