• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 1 Thoughts and Observations

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Of course I have to start off with Da Bearsssssss. Yes, Nelson was my first choice, but how can we be upset when he was taken before it was our turn to choose? Yeah, you can argue that we could have traded up, but it's not like Pace has a lot of excess draft capital to spend. We needed to stay put. Emotions aside, I think Smith was the perfect choice. I think deep down inside I was already pulling for him to be taken. The logic in me kept overriding the emotion in Smith vs Edmunds. Pace hit on a solid choice IMHO.

*The Browns know what they have and what they needed, but I thought taking Mayfield with #1 and Ward with #4 was a bit curious. Of course they have the chance to do better tomorrow with the 1st and 3rd picks in Rd. 2. Sheesh, if only...........

*The Pats chose Wynn to be their LT. I think very highly of him, in fact he was my 2nd round pick in my v2 Mock. But he seems more suited for G or C. He's a bit on the short side, altho he has a decent wingspan.

*The Detroit Free Press gave the Lions an F for their selection of Ragnow. And the fanbase is furious as well.

*There are only two OL I'm interested in when Rd 2 starts up tomorrow. Will Hernandez and James Daniels. I doubt Hernandez will still be there, in fact I'm shocked he is still available. But if he's there when we pick, I'm all in. Not so much Daniels, altho he's rated as one of the best centers in this year's draft.

*The fucking Packers did very well with their maneuvers to get a good CB and yet walk away with a 1st rounder in 2019.

*Speaking of that, the Saints made perhaps the dumbest trade of the night, and for who.....Marcus Davenport? I like the kid, but not at 14 and definitely not at the expense of their #1 pick next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I like our pick, it was smart. Not who I wanted but good pick.
2. Browns are still the Browns.
3. No ideal on Wynn.
4. Det wanted a Viking theme player as Vikings are as hot as zombies in hollywierd right now.
5. We need a C or G and will take who is left.
6. Packer moved back and it cost them a difference maker.
7. All the Saints gave up was a very late 1st.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I like our pick, it was smart. Not who I wanted but good pick.
2. Browns are still the Browns.
3. No ideal on Wynn.
4. Det wanted a Viking theme player as Vikings are as hot as zombies in hollywierd right now.
5. We need a C or G and will take who is left.
6. Packer moved back and it cost them a difference maker.
7. All the Saints gave up was a very late 1st.

All they gave up???? Hey, I don't care if it's the 32nd selection, a 1st round draft pick still carries a lot of value. I haven't had a chance to read any post-round analysis yet, but I'm willing to bet that there isn't a single one out there that will state the Saints made out in that trade. The Packers definitely came out on top with that one.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmunds ceiling was intriguing, but I think they did the right thing, in taking the best player available. Smith is ready to go day one, and will be a stud. After years of arguably "reaching", Pace made the right choice and just went with who he should've went with. A good playmaker that will start day one and produce.

The fucking Browns:tsk: Unreal. I don't know what it is about this year's QB class, by my God are all their faces punchable af!? I can't even look at Darnold, he's so derpy looking. Rosen looks like he has had a stroke in his face er something, and Mayfield has that bully face. As a friend put it, he looks like Francis from Pee Wee's Big Adventure. :laugh: Browns are the Browns still.

Fuck the Pats.

Detroit - Ragnow will be a good Center. It's not a sexy pick, and likely a bit of a reach, but I don't know about an F.

There is some great talent still available in this draft. The Bears should be able to get a day-one contributor still. Hernandez, Connor Williams, James Daniels, Orlando Brown, still available on the o-line. Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk and others still there at WR. Harold Landry, Josh Jackson and more available on D. Bears are in a good spot to nab 2 studs right out the gates, IMO.

Packers new GM definitely made a splash. Tough to argue against them having a great first round.

Saints appear to have shit the bed, but after the magnificent draft they had last year, I guess I'll have to give em' the benefit of the doubt, and see how he shakes out. Right now, it looks like they traded a shit ton for a project-player.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit - Ragnow will be a good Center. It's not a sexy pick, and likely a bit of a reach, but I don't know about an F.

I don't think it was such a bad pick either. Ragnow was often mentioned the top center in the draft. I merely got a kick out of the reaction from the fans and Detroit's top sports rag. For the most part they were anticipating either a RB or EDGE.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all had one of the better picks of the 1st round IMO

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all had one of the better picks of the 1st round IMO
I think so too. Many of us were enamored with Edmunds, but I think logically in retrospect, Smith was the perfect choice. He will be ready from day one to replace Kwiatkoski in the starting ILB role.