• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rough off season for me

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it has been discussed over and over, but I don't have time to read through all the posts. I have been on Team RAmsey for awhile now. I was really hoping we would go after Weddle. That would have made for a really nice secondary. Well that didn't happen , so my thoughts went to DE. Got real excited over Long. Not real excited over Bosa. Long didn't happen of course, so I'm assuming the pick will be Bosa, unless Hardy , which I really don't see happening. We have to have a pass rush of some kind. Seems like yesterday we were talking the possibility of 40 sacks between CRawford, Hardy, DLaw.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You placing toouch hope on two older FA's. Long has had injury issues of late and Weddle cost more than I for one think he's worth. I like this off season thus far. I didn't see any real difference makers in the FA market, and the team isn't mortgaging it's future.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it has been discussed over and over, but I don't have time to read through all the posts. I have been on Team RAmsey for awhile now. I was really hoping we would go after Weddle. That would have made for a really nice secondary. Well that didn't happen , so my thoughts went to DE. Got real excited over Long. Not real excited over Bosa. Long didn't happen of course, so I'm assuming the pick will be Bosa, unless Hardy , which I really don't see happening. We have to have a pass rush of some kind. Seems like yesterday we were talking the possibility of 40 sacks between CRawford, Hardy, DLaw.
Interesting to me that the Cowboys haven't signed a backup QB. I think it's possible they go there at 4

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You placing toouch hope on two older FA's. Long has had injury issues of late and Weddle cost more than I for one think he's worth. I like this off season thus far. I didn't see any real difference makers in the FA market, and the team isn't mortgaging it's future.

i agree the team is not mortgaging its future but it sure isn't doing anything to show me that there is much to be excited about 2016. of course there is the draft but this team has too many holes to all be solved by the draft

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree the team is not mortgaging its future but it sure isn't doing anything to show me that there is much to be excited about 2016. of course there is the draft but this team has too many holes to all be solved by the draft
Yes many holes need to be filled, but I wasn't overly excited about these FA's. Nor even Weddle due to his age and money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there is good and bad to that. We haven't made any dumb moves, but at the same time we need to be a lot better than we were and we haven't done anything at all to get better. This team is not a good draft away from being anywhere near a SB right now. We need a backup QB for when Romo goes down, we need more than McFadden at RB, we need to improve our pass rush and we need to improve our secondary and even after doing all of that we need to add some top players.

I'm never one to overspend and would be fine with a guy like Prince as our "big signing" or even Collins as a rotation guy to just give us a little more depth. But we are no closer (and you can argue further away) from being a good team than we were 2 months ago. I'm more of a big picture guy so I am fine with not going all in and taking what the market gives you to build things long term, but I would at least be looking at some guys that could give you snaps if needed or provide a little better depth and I don't think we have done that yet. But, the offseason isn't over. I think there is plenty of time to churn the bottom of the roster and IMO that would be enough and then a good draft can get us back on top of the East. My worry is the longer we do nothing, the more likely it is Hardy comes back and that would be bad IMO unless he comes back knowing he will follow rules or be benched/cut.

Regardless, I think there will still be FAs brought in. Just because we missed the first wave doesn't mean we won't do anything. Now is when you start getting your bargains.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with this. I wasnt excited about many FAs either, but again the holes we have can't be filled with the draft. I was hoping something - either the Pass Rush or secondary would be better. I'm still seeing Church and WIlcox as our safeties right now. I do like the Thornton move. Maybe that's a fix. Maybe I'm just biased against Bosa. I'm probably being impatient, but it does not look much better on paper right now.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is good and bad to that. We haven't made any dumb moves, but at the same time we need to be a lot better than we were and we haven't done anything at all to get better. This team is not a good draft away from being anywhere near a SB right now. We need a backup QB for when Romo goes down, we need more than McFadden at RB, we need to improve our pass rush and we need to improve our secondary and even after doing all of that we need to add some top players.

I'm never one to overspend and would be fine with a guy like Prince as our "big signing" or even Collins as a rotation guy to just give us a little more depth. But we are no closer (and you can argue further away) from being a good team than we were 2 months ago. I'm more of a big picture guy so I am fine with not going all in and taking what the market gives you to build things long term, but I would at least be looking at some guys that could give you snaps if needed or provide a little better depth and I don't think we have done that yet. But, the offseason isn't over. I think there is plenty of time to churn the bottom of the roster and IMO that would be enough and then a good draft can get us back on top of the East. My worry is the longer we do nothing, the more likely it is Hardy comes back and that would be bad IMO unless he comes back knowing he will follow rules or be benched/cut.

Regardless, I think there will still be FAs brought in. Just because we missed the first wave doesn't mean we won't do anything. Now is when you start getting your bargains.
I agree we need to get better, but we're ther/are there FA's available who really made this team better. IMO the FA class this year was nothing special. Maybe that's why a 7 start QB got paid ELITE money.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the part that bothers me too that we sat and will be stuck with Hardy again. I agree if he is here and misses a meeting cut him. Don't put up with any BS this time. But I'd rather he be gone.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the part that bothers me too that we sat and will be stuck with Hardy again. I agree if he is here and misses a meeting cut him. Don't put up with any BS this time. But I'd rather he be gone.
Me too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. I wasnt excited about many FAs either, but again the holes we have can't be filled with the draft. I was hoping something - either the Pass Rush or secondary would be better. I'm still seeing Church and WIlcox as our safeties right now. I do like the Thornton move. Maybe that's a fix. Maybe I'm just biased against Bosa. I'm probably being impatient, but it does not look much better on paper right now.

Don't worry. Tony Romo will be completely healthy for 16 games and play like the greatest QB in the history of QBs...:suds:. Welcome back

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps this team thinks they are closer to 12-4 than 4-12 talent wise.

maybe, just maybe there is still time to add 2016 contributors.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. Tony Romo will be completely healthy for 16 games and play like the greatest QB in the history of QBs...:suds:. Welcome back
Either you finally got on board or someone hacked your account.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or...we can ASSUME he's hurt again....beats me, I don't have a crystal ball
I do also assume the sun will come up tomorrow, but I guess you never really know for sure...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do also assume the sun will come up tomorrow, but I guess you never really know for sure...
My money is on the sun coming up. I'll leave the other to people that are smarter than I

who saw 12-4 in 2014?
who saw 4-12 in 2015?

The great thing about sports....perhaps they should play the season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on the sun coming up. I'll leave the other to people that are smarter than I

who saw 12-4 in 2014?
who saw 4-12 in 2015?

The great thing about sports....perhaps they should play the season
In 2014 we won every close game. In 2015 we lost every close game. IMO we weren't really a 12 win team or a 4 win team and won't be either this year. Give me 10 wins and the NFC East crown and I'll be happy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are what your record say's you are

Me? I'd be happy with playoff advancement...division banners don't mean all that much

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, 2014 many had us as a 5-6 win team. 2015- many had us in the Super bowl conversation. I just didn't want to draft Bosa and from what JJ is saying, I don't see a QB at 4. If we are win now anyway, there are just too many needs to draft a guy that may not see the field for 3 yrs

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014 we won every close game. In 2015 we lost every close game. IMO we weren't really a 12 win team or a 4 win team and won't be either this year. Give me 10 wins and the NFC East crown and I'll be happy.

I kind of disagree I think. I think in 2014, we were every bit a 12 win team if not more. Go back and look at some of those wins we had that season. They played some big time football that yr. As bad as we thought WEeden was, with 8 minutes to go in that Cardinal game - I thought we were gonna win.