• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rough off season for me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are what your record say's you are

Me? I'd be happy with playoff advancement...division banners don't mean all that much
True, can't argue with that one.

But you can't have playoff advancement if you don't get to the dance floor first...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, 2014 many had us as a 5-6 win team. 2015- many had us in the Super bowl conversation. I just didn't want to draft Bosa and from what JJ is saying, I don't see a QB at 4. If we are win now anyway, there are just too many needs to draft a guy that may not see the field for 3 yrs
Who are you thinking at 4?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of disagree I think. I think in 2014, we were every bit a 12 win team if not more. Go back and look at some of those wins we had that season. They played some big time football that yr. As bad as we thought WEeden was, with 8 minutes to go in that Cardinal game - I thought we were gonna win.
I think the Seattle win was just amazing and the Indy win was big the way we crushed them, but we played a lot of crappy teams too. I think that was a good team on the rise that was health and a defender or two away from doing damage, but when I think of a 12 win team I think of a great team. And you can bring up Weeden and that goes right into my point that we may only be as good as our backup QB.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF, big if, Romo stays healthy we'll still be good. Assuming our run game is halfway decent and our passing game is clicking the defense won't see anywhere near what they saw last year. Get a rebound year from McClain/Hitchens, draft some secondary/line help and boom, we're right back at it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you thinking at 4?

I was hoping for 1. RAmsey 2. Jack 3. Zeke

Jack a distant second. With the Gregory suspension, DLaw surgery, and the Hardy situation- I think Bosa or pass rush is the biggest need. Again- that is if we are win now. It's hard to watch the playoffs this year and not come away wanting similar toys that the Broncos had. I mean they did that with a really below average offense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seattle win was just amazing and the Indy win was big the way we crushed them, but we played a lot of crappy teams too. I think that was a good team on the rise that was health and a defender or two away from doing damage, but when I think of a 12 win team I think of a great team. And you can bring up Weeden and that goes right into my point that we may only be as good as our backup QB.

True, we laid around some games, but that December was amazing or last 4 games. 3 games on the road and Indy. Granted we averaged 40 a game but going into Philly and winning the way we did. Go into GB in the playoffs and play that well. If Sterling Moore has an average day, we likely win that game. So many passes that game went Inches from his hand. Maybe that's just how good ARod is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for 1. RAmsey 2. Jack 3. Zeke

Jack a distant second. With the Gregory suspension, DLaw surgery, and the Hardy situation- I think Bosa or pass rush is the biggest need. Again- that is if we are win now. It's hard to watch the playoffs this year and not come away wanting similar toys that the Broncos had. I mean they did that with a really below average offense.
Just read on the Cowboy website that Lawrence is the only DE currently on the roster with a career sack:eek:

I don't think the situation is quite that dire because I think Lawrence will be very good and I think Crawford and Gregory will take a step forward and help on the pass rush too. But that is an interesting stat none the less.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I not losing any sleep by not getting oliver or especially long. they were not retained by former teams because they are not elite players. now trying harder for weddle kind of sucked

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is good and bad to that. We haven't made any dumb moves, but at the same time we need to be a lot better than we were and we haven't done anything at all to get better. This team is not a good draft away from being anywhere near a SB right now. We need a backup QB for when Romo goes down, we need more than McFadden at RB, we need to improve our pass rush and we need to improve our secondary and even after doing all of that we need to add some top players.

I'm never one to overspend and would be fine with a guy like Prince as our "big signing" or even Collins as a rotation guy to just give us a little more depth. But we are no closer (and you can argue further away) from being a good team than we were 2 months ago. I'm more of a big picture guy so I am fine with not going all in and taking what the market gives you to build things long term, but I would at least be looking at some guys that could give you snaps if needed or provide a little better depth and I don't think we have done that yet. But, the offseason isn't over. I think there is plenty of time to churn the bottom of the roster and IMO that would be enough and then a good draft can get us back on top of the East. My worry is the longer we do nothing, the more likely it is Hardy comes back and that would be bad IMO unless he comes back knowing he will follow rules or be benched/cut.

Regardless, I think there will still be FAs brought in. Just because we missed the first wave doesn't mean we won't do anything. Now is when you start getting your bargains.
When you go 4-12, you are a bad team with holes to fill. If it was just Romo being injured, I could see the route they are going, but I have no clue what the now or future plan for this team is. This team is closure to 4-12 then 8-8 at this point so far. But like you said we have time. However, this team has soo many holes to fill and done little to nothing so far seems to me that they have no clue.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laughing out loud....if only we had signed the chargers safety and Chris Long.
Laughing out loud....as if anyone said that....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys to re-sign Dunbar for one year, $1.75 million. Great news....
Awesome...has been my guy to break out for two years now...thought he did last year, but didn't last...maybe I get it right this year!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Dunbar wasn't healthy and that is why they felt they was no hurry to get anything done unless it was for less than perhaps he originally thought he should get. Seemed with his knee they didn't expect anyone to jump on him. I'm just glad to have him back in the mix. I think we finally last year started to get him the ball more in space and let him do his thing. Hopefully we see a lot more of it this year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome...has been my guy to break out for two years now...thought he did last year, but didn't last...maybe I get it right this year!
I think you were right last year, he played fantastic pre injury

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest fear for this team is that Romo gets hurt early again, and we find our selves picking in the top 10 again. If Went or Goff or believed to be franchise QB we have to get them. Without Romo this team is not in win now mode. We have to prepare accordingly IMO. I think it's greater than 50% chance that Romo gets hurt again. Even with this great OL his style of play makes injury a high probability. Apart from Romo This team have no playmakers on defense. We have Sean Lee,but can he be counted on? Scandrick is Good, Lawerence Solid but coming off of back surgery, Crawford probably avg starter. After that this defense is probably the least talented in the league. TWO MOST IMPORTANT NEEDS QB OR DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKER...DONT CARE WHAT POSITION.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure why so many people would have been against a Weddle signing? He cost 6.5 million per over the next two years, after that no commitment. The guy will play next season at 31 - he's not decrepit yet. We are currently paying Church 4.25 million to suck. That's frivolous penny pinching in this instance. 2-3 million more per season and we could have really improved the secondary. Oh well, I guess we like seeing Church and Wilcox getting bent over every Sunday.