• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Cuts

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would you ever cut a player when you can keep him around without using up a roster spot for him? His pay is insignificant and if healthy he can turn out to be a steal.

He doesn't have to go on IR because he's never been activated since entering the league. He'll miss at least the first 6 games. IMO the team is going to keep him out as much as possible to make sure he's as close to 100% as possible.

Right now they don't need him and activating him now could be too early for his health and also would then require them to carry him on the 53 and just have him inactive on game days. Makes no sense.

This way they can stash him, let him heal and only call him up if the need is there(hopefully not)

I still think at some point this year he'll be activated and I think he'll play well. Maybe not another Frank Gore situation but I think he can still contribute to this team.

its good to remain hopeful on Lattimore.....to some extent, but now we see he isn't close to his old running self? even if we look one year down the road, can't help think he'll never get back to 100%? not knocking Lattimore himself, it is just the extent of the injury. Baalke took a chance and this one might not pan out?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its good to remain hopeful on Lattimore.....to some extent, but now we see he isn't close to his old running self? even if we look one year down the road, can't help think he'll never get back to 100%? not knocking Lattimore himself, it is just the extent of the injury. Baalke took a chance and this one might not pan out?

:agree: It looks like it was a wasted pick. No big deal. U win some u lose some.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure we can tell that yet tho. Team could be just really taking it easy with him to ensure he comes back as close as possible to pre-injury form.

We haven't seen him even workout yet so tough to say whether it's not going to work out or not. I know the kid had crazy talent and is someone who has a crazy work ethic. Usually those two things provide good results in the NFL. The question now is whether his body can handle the physical demands of the sport and we have no way to know til the team activates him.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that I'm going to miss the game tonight but it isn't on in my area and I really don't feel like streaming it online being as it is just a preseason game. I will watch the replay and see who I feel will make the cut. For those who can watch the game please give your take on the players. I'm hoping the first string O can score a TD on the first drive and that the D can defend the same. Is that much to ask? :noidea:. Somebody may want to post a GDT as well.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my 53 man roster of whom I think will make the team (a couple I would rather not but oh well):

Offense:
QB: Kap,Gabbert :L
RB: Gore,Hyde,LMJ
FB: Miller,Tukuafu
WR: Crabs,Boldin,S.Johnson,Ellinton,Patton,Osgood
TE: V.Davis,McDonald,Carrier
OL: Staley,Iupati,Kilgore,Looney,A.Davis,Netter,Snyder,J.Martin,M.Martin

Defense:
DL: J.Smith,R.McDonald,Dial,Tank,Purcell,Jerod-Eddie,Dobbs
ILB: Willis,Wilhoite,Borland,Moody
OLB: A.Smith,Brooks,Lemonier,Skuta,Lynch
CB: Brock,Culliver,Ward,Cook,Acker
S: Reid,Bethea,Dahl,Spillman

ST:
K: Dawson
P: Lee
LS: McDermott

That's 25 each on offense and defense...3 on ST
...if I counted correctly that is.
Notables not on this list are Bowman,Lattimore,I.Williams (not sure when they will be back) and Boone.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my 53 man roster of whom I think will make the team (a couple I would rather not but oh well):

Offense:
QB: Kap,Gabbert :L
RB: Gore,Hyde,LMJ
FB: Miller,Tukuafu
WR: Crabs,Boldin,S.Johnson,Ellinton,Patton,Osgood
TE: V.Davis,McDonald,Carrier
OL: Staley,Iupati,Kilgore,Looney,A.Davis,Netter,Snyder,J.Martin,M.Martin

Defense:
DL: J.Smith,R.McDonald,Dial,Tank,Purcell,Jerod-Eddie,Dobbs
ILB: Willis,Wilhoite,Borland,Moody
OLB: A.Smith,Brooks,Lemonier,Skuta,Lynch
CB: Brock,Culliver,Ward,Cook,Acker
S: Reid,Bethea,Dahl,Spillman

ST:
K: Dawson
P: Lee
LS: McDermott

That's 25 each on offense and defense...3 on ST
...if I counted correctly that is.
Notables not on this list are Bowman,Lattimore,I.Williams (not sure when they will be back) and Boone.

Ian Williams played last week vs the Chargers.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks cut Pryor.

At this point, I think Gabbert has done just enough to be the #2 QB. I still don't like it, but he already has a guaranteed contract. If the team is considering picking up a released QB, I would still hope for BJ Daniels over Pryor.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks cut Pryor.

At this point, I think Gabbert has done just enough to be the #2 QB. I still don't like it, but he already has a guaranteed contract. If the team is considering picking up a released QB, I would still hope for BJ Daniels over Pryor.

Until Daniels get cut, the question is do you like Pryor over Gabbert?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Daniels get cut, the question is do you like Pryor over Gabbert?

I would like just about anyone over Gabbert.

But we are already committed to Gabbert for 2 million, which isn't too much. But I'm not sure if it would be in their best interest to let that money walk and pick up/pay for someone else, especially for a position that is not expected to see the field anyway.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting to see what this roster looks like.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seawhawks cut OT Eric Winston. A bit of a surprise as he was projected to make the team.

Jets cut WR Stephen Hill. I remember him because he was the WR I wanted when we got Jenkins. I guess Hill probably wasn't much better.

Bengals cut RB Benjarvis Green-Ellis. There was talk of him potentially keeping the backup RB role. Well, not anymore.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like several cuts have already come in:

RB Glenn Winston
OT Carter Bykowski
LB Shayne Skov
NT Mike Purcell
TE Asante Cleveland
LS Kevin McDermott
S C.J. Spillman
WR Kassim Osgood
OT Michael Philipp
FB Will Tukuafu
G Al Netter

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if they were interested in keeping Winston, but I guess this answers that question.

I'm GLAD Purcell is gone. Terrible, terrible play this preseason.

Little surprised about Spillman. I'm not crazy about him, but I generally don't like our safety depth and I'm surprised that he's gone.

I liked Osgood a lot, but it was going to be very difficult for him to make this team.

Really liked Tukuafu. Sad to see him go.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like several cuts have already come in:

RB Glenn Winston
OT Carter Bykowski
LB Shayne Skov
NT Mike Purcell
TE Asante Cleveland
LS Kevin McDermott
S C.J. Spillman
WR Kassim Osgood
OT Michael Philipp
FB Will Tukuafu
G Al Netter
I'm really surprised McDermott got cut. J.Johnson still on the roster. I thought Osgood was going to make it after the last game. Tukuafu was a bit of a stretch to make the team but I was hoping to keep 2 FBs this season

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf???

It's time and I still don't see the rest of the cuts.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Nelson is our new long snapper. He is also a TE.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okoye is cut.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It *appears* as if two dark-horse candidates, S James McCray and OL Dillon Farrell, have made the 49ers roster.

- Matt Barrows