• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Cuts and Moves

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I like keeping 6 WR's,, in essence only 5 with Doctson being a question mark, but the others seem scrubs. Not sure why they don't like Mack Brown,, must be a work ethic in practice. Anyway, surprised they kept Suds... I mean why carry 3. KC doesnt seem to get hurt,, not saying he can't but then Colt doesnt either,, seems a wasted spot.

OK which of our WRs are actualy scrubs?? Doctson was either going to be PUP'd IR'd or make the 53. As for keeping Suds... this is more about the future than this season. Had we released him and some one else claimed him, we just wasted 3 months trying to develop a long term backup.

Mack was all about numbers. We kept metric fuckton of DBs and LB's, so we had to go short some where at that point. UNless he gets claimed by another squad, we will offer him a spot on the practice squad again.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only two points i can think is ... 1. he is big dude & 2. qb so hard to come by a team might be desperate enough to snatch him off the practice squad.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope we steal a good player from the colts

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question Sudfeld being here too. I can't imagine anybody putting him on their rosters.

Dude... the Vikings just gave up a first rounder for Sam Bradford AND his $11 million dollar salary, and Dallas just signed Mark "Butt Fumble" "Dirty Sanchez.

QB are in more demand at the moment than water in Iraq.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAlf the league has finally realized, that unless you completely suck ass and happen to get a top 2 pick in a year that you need a QB. You best have some one around who has been learning your system and might be able to step in if shit goes side ways.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... the Vikings just gave up a first rounder for Sam Bradford AND his $11 million dollar salary, and Dallas just signed Mark "Butt Fumble" "Dirty Sanchez.

Sudfield was a wasted spot. What did he show in any preseason appearance that would entice any team to pick him up and put him on their 53 man roster? At best, he is a long term prospect. Only move they made that I have an issue with.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bengals claimed Driskell (Niners) from waivers. Didn't see him performing any better than Sudfeld.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sudfield was a wasted spot. What did he show in any preseason appearance that would entice any team to pick him up and put him on their 53 man roster? At best, he is a long term prospect. Only move they made that I have an issue with.

Like I said before, keeping him wasnt about now. It was about having a guy in house that you can mold for the future. On the off chance that some one else claimed him, and considering we only had 3 QBs in the building, you almost had to keep him or it was a wasted pick AND three months of wasted time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Info on all QBs selected this year in the article

Excerpt

The Redskins are seemingly keeping Sudfeld, who was spotty this summer, because: 1) You can never have enough QB depth 2) Cousins is a free agent next year 3) Quarterbacks can return huge returns in trades if developed and 4) Based on points 1 and 3, there must be some fear they would lose Sudfeld on waivers if they tried sneaking him onto the practice squad. That makes Hogan a very interesting test case seeing as he was selected one round earlier.

UPDATE: Driskell, selected 20 picks after Sudfeld, was claimed off waivers Sunday

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you had to keep suds on the roster . i wasnt a big fan of the pick and he does look mechanical at this point but another year we could see marked improvement

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones... 2 changes on the PS

The Redskins made two more additions to their practice squads: tight end Wes Saxton and defensive tackle Louis Nix III.

Saxton went undrafted out of South Alabama in 2015 and appeared in one game for the New York Jets last season. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Saxton recorded three catches for 24 yards in the preseason.

The 6-3, 331-pound Nix, a third-round pick of the Houston Texans out of Notre Dame in 2014, has appeared in four NFL games, but has no tackles or sacks to his credit.

Washington previously had one practice squad spot open. Fullback Joe Kerridge, who spent training camp and the preseason with Washington and signed to the practice squad on Sunday. However, he no longer is with the team just one day later.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nix could be an interesting flier for us

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus 1,000. Actually plus a 4th rounder. :) If a young QB with plus physical ability shows ANYTHING positive, keep him. Look at all the QB moves Philly made - including signing Chase Daniel (who was listed at 5'9 when he tried out for the Skins and is now listed at 6') for reak money. At the time, I thought all their QB acquisitions were questionable at best. Now, they look a helluvalot smarter.

Ioannidis and Mack Brown are on the Skins Practice Squad.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bengals claimed Driskell (Niners) from waivers. Didn't see him performing any better than Sudfeld.

Exactly. Sudfeld was generally considered a better prospect than Driskell.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones... 2 changes on the PS

The Redskins made two more additions to their practice squads: tight end Wes Saxton and defensive tackle Louis Nix III.

Saxton went undrafted out of South Alabama in 2015 and appeared in one game for the New York Jets last season. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Saxton recorded three catches for 24 yards in the preseason.

The 6-3, 331-pound Nix, a third-round pick of the Houston Texans out of Notre Dame in 2014, has appeared in four NFL games, but has no tackles or sacks to his credit.

Washington previously had one practice squad spot open. Fullback Joe Kerridge, who spent training camp and the preseason with Washington and signed to the practice squad on Sunday. However, he no longer is with the team just one day later.

As with everybody else, the Nix signing peaks my interest. I remember people were clamoring for him in the first that year. As usual, a big guy slips.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you, also a wasted draft pick. But it was clear they were going into the draft and "develop" a young QB. But seriously how much will this guy ever develop?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, keeping him wasnt about now. It was about having a guy in house that you can mold for the future. On the off chance that some one else claimed him, and considering we only had 3 QBs in the building, you almost had to keep him or it was a wasted pick AND three months of wasted time.
My argument isn't that they shouldn't have kept him, my argument is that I believe there was little risk that he would have been claimed off of the waiver wire and added to another teams 53 man squad. He showed nothing in preseason that could lead anyone to believe that he is NFL ready (or maybe will ever be). In fact, most experts feel he was drafted way too high. I recognize that driskell was claimed by the 49ers which, IMO, was a stupid move. If he was picked up, there are always a slew of developmental QBs we could sign. Honestly, sudfield has shown me nothing this preseason so if we did lose him, I don't see it as a big loss.