• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl chances

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know our Rose Bowl chances are slim to none now. But do they remain?

Who goes if Oregon remains undefeated and goes to the BCS title game, Stanford drops 2 more, UW beats UCLA this season and they both end up with 2 losses on the year. UCLA goes to the ccg and loses to Oregon.

Will UCLA go for winning the south, or would UW for beating them head to head and finishing with an equal record in the regular season?

Or am I missing something else?

Of course others would have to lose some more as well like the beavers, but lets assume they do and the contenders are what I mentioned at years end.

Is our best bet the Holiday bowl?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know our Rose Bowl chances are slim to none now. But do they remain?

Who goes if Oregon remains undefeated and goes to the BCS title game, Stanford drops 2 more, UW beats UCLA this season and they both end up with 2 losses on the year. UCLA goes to the ccg and loses to Oregon.

Will UCLA go for winning the south, or would UW for beating them head to head and finishing with an equal record in the regular season?

Or am I missing something else?

Of course others would have to lose some more as well like the beavers, but lets assume they do and the contenders are what I mentioned at years end.

Is our best bet the Holiday bowl?

Holiday or Alamo Bowl is were I project we'll end up. We now have 2 losses on our record. But even those bowls are now at risk if we lose to ASU. And watching us play today, especially in our own house, it's safe to say we aren't BCS quality. We don't deserve the Rose bowl. End of story.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Dawgs and still think we got plenty of great football ahead of us. I'm just being a realist here.

Stanford and UCLA's current rankings are too much to overcome now. It would take 2-3 losses by both of them for us to even be considered for a BCS game, and we would have to win out from here on out. And still, we still wouldn't be the PAC12 north rep at the PAC champ game. With the loss tonight by Furd, UCLA is starting to smell the roses.

Plenty more football left to play, and UCLA, Furd, and Oregon have more competitive games coming up, but so do us.

I can't see us getting to a Fiesta or Rose bid with these two losses. There would have to be a total collapse by UCLA, Furd, and Nike U. for that to happen.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holiday or Alamo Bowl is were I project we'll end up. We now have 2 losses on our record. But even those bowls are now at risk if we lose to ASU. And watching us play today, especially in our own house, it's safe to say we aren't BCS quality. We don't deserve the Rose bowl. End of story.

Agreed I think...

I'm not saying we deserve a rose bowl bid. I'm trying to figure out if theres even a shot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have road games at UCLA, ASU, and Oregon State. Think we can run that table? Not likely.

It's easy to get caught up in early season success, but think back to what your expectations were going into this season. Mine was 8-9 wins and I haven't seen anything that changes that.

Sark has things going in the right direction. We have a good team this year with plenty of depth, but we aren't up to the national stage level yet. As I've said all over these boards this is all a process and the good news is we are going in the right direction.

In yesterday's game UW had less than half the number of seniors in our 2 deep that Oregon did. UW also only has 2 5th year starters. Why? Because Sarks first few classes were on the heels of that 0-12 season and while we did get some talent to buy in, it wasn't anything close to what we have the last couple of years.

Next year we graduate or lose a significant amount of talent to the NFL, but the kids coming up behind them were a fairly high quality group of kids. The next couple of recruiting classes will tell us where we will be 4-5 years from now when our program will be as developed as Oregon's is.

I'm not saying it will take 5 years to be the so-called BCS quality, but until we have a team stocked with 4th and 5th year seniors to go along with those NFL quality kids looking to leave after their jr seasons we won't match the talent on the field for both Oregon and Stanford.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That avatar does not suit you my friend. :laugh3:

I went into the season thinking 7 wins at most. However we looked good up until Oregon came to town. Even against Oregon there were some bright spots. That first quarter was the game I was hoping for. We outscored them in the 3rd. The game got out of hand after that. Ended up getting thumped.

Now... will the real Huskies please step forward??? If they are as good as most of us thought this early season, I myself bought into them and shelved the 7 win mindset, we can indeed run the table the rest of the way. None of those teams are miles ahead of us in any category.

Or were we all wrong?

We all knew deep down both Oregon and Stanford were losses. So if my scenario pans out and we get all the help we need, who goes to the Rose Bowl? I just don't know how it works these days. Would a south winning UCLA go even if we beat them head to head and both finished at 10-2 regular season?

I mean the Rose Bowl is back to pac vs B1G right? Or would they draw a better looking team from another conference?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ofcourse felt the emotional letdown last night. But new day, and totally ready to move on to ASU and the rest.
The rest:

@ ASU
Cal
Colorado
@ UCLA
@ OSU
WSU

Besides the benefit of still having Cal and Colorado on the schedule, and at home.

So now it's ASU, UCLA, OSU, and WSU. Those are the games that will truly define UW this year. We to win the majority of these still.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That avatar does not suit you my friend. :laugh3:

I went into the season thinking 7 wins at most. However we looked good up until Oregon came to town. Even against Oregon there were some bright spots. That first quarter was the game I was hoping for. We outscored them in the 3rd. The game got out of hand after that. Ended up getting thumped.

Now... will the real Huskies please step forward??? If they are as good as most of us thought this early season, I myself bought into them and shelved the 7 win mindset, we can indeed run the table the rest of the way. None of those teams are miles ahead of us in any category.

Or were we all wrong?

We all knew deep down both Oregon and Stanford were losses. So if my scenario pans out and we get all the help we need, who goes to the Rose Bowl? I just don't know how it works these days. Would a south winning UCLA go even if we beat them head to head and both finished at 10-2 regular season?

I mean the Rose Bowl is back to pac vs B1G right? Or would they draw a better looking team from another conference?

The Rose Bowl folks probably get to pick in a situation like that. I don't think they'd go to another conference unless they have to, I don't know if they have to take a Fresno or NIU type if they're eligible for a BCS bowl.

And I can see winning out. UCLA is my biggest concern, I haven't followed them close enough to really know how good they are, but they have seemed pretty impressive at times. OSU will be tough but beatable, and ASU's defense sucks and their Offense isn't Oregon's, our defense may be able to keep them in check. The Apple Cup is the Apple Cup, so god knows what to expect from that game.

I try to be a reasonable fan, I agree this team isn't BCS quality at this time, and I could see this turning into a disappointing (at this point) 7 or 8 win season. But 10-2 sounds pretty good and I see no real reason why it's not possible and we shouldn't hope for it. Oregon kicked our ass at home, but (as much as I hate to admit) they seem to be on another planet, maybe more so than the last few years. Stanford is good (despite their loss yesterday), and we all know that could have easily been a win if not for special teams. I'm still hopeful.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see them beating UCLA on the road. That game is what will keep double digit regular season wins. After that I wouldn't be surprised to see us drop one of the ASU/OSU/WSU games (Those damned 3 letter teams ending in U's!). Would that mean they weren't a much improved team this year? Not to me. This schedule was fucking brutal by all standards. The easier schedules are always the ones where the games you shouldn't win are all on the road anyway and your tough, but winnable games are at home.

Next season they have a totally pathetic OOC schedule with all 4 (hawaii rule) pretty much easy as can be games. Hate not having an 'A' game, but what can we do about it? We will also get Stanford and OSU at home and Oregon and Cal on the road. Oregon is losing a shit ton of players this year as are we, still it will be a much more friendly schedule for a deep run. I don't remember who we get from the south next year, but I think we get USC back on the slate and skip UCLA? Tell me that isn't better even if they have a new HC at the condoms next year.

If UW ends up winning 10 they should destroy anyone they face in a bowl. Running that many wins on that schedule will leave one hell of a battle tested team ready for anybody. I'm just thinking there is less than a 30% chance that happens.