• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookies

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right. I just remember there was a pretty good PG that just freakin' hated Vujacic. It was hilarious.
Ahh, this is what I remember. Vujacic was such an irritant, and a funny irritant at that...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right. I just remember there was a pretty good PG that just freakin' hated Vujacic. It was hilarious.

They both played on the Slovenian national team and Dragic took his spot I believe. Sasha got cut and it was mainly because of Dragic, lol. I loved that little 1v1 rivalry.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, this is what I remember. Vujacic was such an irritant, and a funny irritant at that...

A bet they were both soccer players when they were young ... where they learned about flopping.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mudiay will be better than Russell once he learns how to not shoot in his downward motion...

LOL. Mudiay is the second coming of Michael Carter Williams. He is not good.

As for Russell, he has some potential, but c'mon Mecca. Curry? Russell is an inefficient scorer. Curry was always extremely efficient, even as a rookie. I think a better comp would be somebody like Jamal Crawford.

I know they are rookies and will improve, but some of you guys are looking at the raw stats and not factoring in how they got there. Most NBA players can accumulate stats if given the playing time to do it. It matters how efficiently they get there.

I think some of these rookies will develop into good NBA players, but the superstar comparisons need to stop.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Russell, he has some potential, but c'mon Mecca. Curry? Russell is an inefficient scorer. Curry was always extremely efficient, even as a rookie. I think a better comp would be somebody like Jamal Crawford.

I know they are rookies and will improve, but some of you guys are looking at the raw stats and not factoring in how they got there. Most NBA players can accumulate stats if given the playing time to do it. It matters how efficiently they get there.

I think some of these rookies will develop into good NBA players, but the superstar comparisons need to stop.

Keep in mind he's only 20, and he's got something MCW doesn't - Wins.

For all of Mudiay's struggles in the shooting and turnover department, he's got Denver playing some respectable ball. "Effectively wild" if you will. And if that buzzer-beater is any indicator, he's shown the ability to shoot it much better.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keyword: Potential

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:scratch:

* searches in vain for Jamal Crawford's name*

The 6-foot-5 point guard ranks second on the team in scoring over the last seven games, pouring in 30.8 points per 100 possessions. He’s torching nets in NBA arenas, shooting 53.8 percent from beyond the arc, second only to Stephen Curry among players attempting at least five three-pointers per game, and generating a true shooting percentage of 64.9, the 10th highest mark among guards.

3pt.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 6-foot-5 point guard ranks second on the team in scoring over the last seven games, pouring in 30.8 points per 100 possessions. He’s torching nets in NBA arenas, shooting 53.8 percent from beyond the arc, second only to Stephen Curry among players attempting at least five three-pointers per game, and generating a true shooting percentage of 64.9, the 10th highest mark among guards.

View attachment 101985

But according to hurricane, Mudiay is still better.

The only reason being because he plays for the nuggets.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But according to hurricane, Mudiay is still better.

The only reason being because he plays for the nuggets.

I like them both.

Russell had a much shorter leash than Mudiay this year.

I have seen Emmanuel go 2-18 with no fear of getting benched.

One guy started fast, then came back down to earth.

The other looked lost. But, has been burning up the nets since the All Star break.

Russell is the better scorer, Mudiay the better distributor...even with the turnovers.

I think both are gonna be good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 101985

Nice info Mecca.

I knew Russell had been playing well, but I did not realize he has been this good. Maybe he is further along than I thought.

As for Mudiay, I don't think I am wrong there. Maybe Tyreke Evans is a better comp than MCW. Bottom line is that inefficient guards who can't shoot don't often lead winnings teams. The best PGs are extremely skilled. I see Mudiay as a raw athlete. He has a lot of work to do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice info Mecca.

I knew Russell had been playing well, but I did not realize he has been this good. Maybe he is further along than I thought.

As for Mudiay, I don't think I am wrong there. Maybe Tyreke Evans is a better comp than MCW. Bottom line is that inefficient guards who can't shoot don't often lead winnings teams. The best PGs are extremely skilled. I see Mudiay as a raw athlete. He has a lot of work to do.

No, I get your point about comparisons.

It's WaAaaaaaaaaaay to early to lump them in with these multiple-time All stars.

Westbrook and Curry are definitely those guys ceilings.

The only reason I'm up on Russell's stats is because I live in that market.

The Clippers could literally have the Spurs record and it would still be all about the Lakers :tsk:.

Ps. I like that you can look past my snark. It's just jokes......

:tea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them both.

Russell had a much shorter leash than Mudiay this year.

I have seen Emmanuel go 2-18 with no fear of getting benched.

One guy started fast, then came back down to earth.

The other looked lost. But, has been burning up the nets since the All Star break.

Russell is the better scorer, Mudiay the better distributor...even with the turnovers.

I think both are gonna be good.

Agree. As a Lakers fan, I'm happy, so far, with Russell and something tells me that I'd probably be just as happy, so far, with Mudiay.

I think they both are going to be really good and I'm looking forward to Russell winning lots of great matchups with Mudiay. :heh:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll respond to this drivel tomorrow. Tough day at work today.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAT is amazing. People won't realize it for awhile because of where he plays but this kid is SPECIAL.

Tim Duncan/KG type of special. He is a once in a generation type player. His skills are through the roof. He is shooting 55% despite actually being a legit perimeter shooter for a big. He stats really should be much better than they are because they should be running more of their offense for him rather than for Wiggins or Levine.

The only thing that will stop him from being the best big man in the league for the next decade is injury or if where he plays infects him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAT is amazing. People won't realize it for awhile because of where he plays but this kid is SPECIAL.

Tim Duncan/KG type of special. He is a once in a generation type player. His skills are through the roof. He is shooting 55% despite actually being a legit perimeter shooter for a big. He stats really should be much better than they are because they should be running more of their offense for him rather than for Wiggins or Levine.

The only thing that will stop him from being the best big man in the league for the next decade is injury or if where he plays infects him.

The T-Wolves have a nice collection of young studs. I really wish they were on national tv more often. They're fun too watch. I'm hoping the Lakers youngsters can keep developing, when KG was with the T-Wolves, there were a couple of T-Wolves/Lakers playoff series that were pretty darn good. Plus, with how young GSW still is and the way the Spurs keep managing to reload, the West could be a lot of fun in a couple of years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The T-Wolves have a nice collection of young studs. I really wish they were on national tv more often. They're fun too watch. I'm hoping the Lakers youngsters can keep developing, when KG was with the T-Wolves, there were a couple of T-Wolves/Lakers playoff series that were pretty darn good. Plus, with how young GSW still is and the way the Spurs keep managing to reload, the West could be a lot of fun in a couple of years.

The problem is I am sure the Wolves will still manage to screw this up at some point.

Saunders dying was awful on so many levels. But from the basketball perspective, it is just devastating. Our owner Taylor is a basketball moron who makes obvious decisions 3 years after the fact that it was obvious. He needs to bring in a guy like Saunders who can guide this young core and more important make the hard choices in the coming offseasons that will have to be made. But he will hem and haw until all the tough choices are made by inexperienced guys instead of bringing in a more qualified person until after it is all too late.

Here is a thought that I can't get out of my mind:
What if the Wolves win a top 2 pick in this draft.

They are currently #5 and the absolutely worst they could end up is #6. Seems like a long shot but look at the last 11 years and 7 of the 11 winners have actually come from the 5th spot or worse.

What an embarrassment of young talent they would have at that point. And they STILL would find a way to screw it up!