• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera has served his purpose and should be dismissed after the season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it's way too early for some but hear me out before attacking the messenger. Here are five reasons why they got him and five reasons why they should move on.

As I understand it, Ron Rivera was bought in to head the obvious rebuild needed in Washington, but let's take a look at what he actually brings to this organization.

1. STABILITY ... Truth be told, this was desperately needed in an organization that had lost all respect for its head coach and de-facto GM.

2. UPGRADE ... There's no argument that in a choice between what they had and what they got, they upgraded at head coach.

3. Respectability ... League wide there are few head coaches more respected than Ron Rivera.

4. A record of success ... I'm giving Rivera the nod here despite his record, but because he made it to a Super-Bowl and that simply cannot be discounted.

5. He's a good coach... Despite a couple of questionable "in game" calls he's been pretty solid on the sideline in the manner in which he coaches.

Despite filling a ton of needs as Head coach there are some compelling reasons why there's a need to move on for the future success of this organization. Among them are these 5.

1. He's a dinosaur ... In the social media world that we now find ourselves living in, he has to be able to connect with the young men who drive and define the culture.

2. 30 points per game...The best teams in the game are averaging 30 points per game, this means that their football philosophy is based upon taking advantage of the rules
disadvantaging defenses. Again, it's probably time to replace the old school coaches with guys who once patrolled Washington sidelines and are now
finding success elsewhere.

3. QB of the future, coach of the future... Just like the search for your QB of the future, you also must have that coach of the future. Ron Rivera isn't that, he's more the stopgap
type that holds the spot until the guy that you really want comes forth.

4. Listen to his former employer... In an interview with a radio reporter Carolina Panthers owner outlined why he felt a need to move on from Ron Rivera. You can listen to that
here... an interview with the Panthers official website. (take note of what he says about Scott Turner as well)

5. A hot market... Young head coaches are sprouting up throughout the league, to me this indicates that transition from guys like Rivera, Mike McCarthy and a few others still
patrolling sidelines. The hottest and most respected name on the market is Eric M. Bieniemy Jr.. If you want him, this is the very best time to get him. Besides,
there's one really good argument for the old hats to go and get this guy... In the Super-Bowl era, there's been one coach here that found championship
success and he was a young man who grew with his team.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Sty! I think I will let this one brew a bit before responding however, I will make (1) note. After 1 season filled with COVID, Cancer, QB diplomacy among other things, RR is going no where my friend. :2cents:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it's way too early for some but hear me out before attacking the messenger. Here are five reasons why they got him and five reasons why they should move on.

As I understand it, Ron Rivera was bought in to head the obvious rebuild needed in Washington, but let's take a look at what he actually brings to this organization.

1. STABILITY ... Truth be told, this was desperately needed in an organization that had lost all respect for its head coach and de-facto GM.

2. UPGRADE ... There's no argument that in a choice between what they had and what they got, they upgraded at head coach.

3. Respectability ... League wide there are few head coaches more respected than Ron Rivera.

4. A record of success ... I'm giving Rivera the nod here despite his record, but because he made it to a Super-Bowl and that simply cannot be discounted.

5. He's a good coach... Despite a couple of questionable "in game" calls he's been pretty solid on the sideline in the manner in which he coaches.

Despite filling a ton of needs as Head coach there are some compelling reasons why there's a need to move on for the future success of this organization. Among them are these 5.

1. He's a dinosaur ... In the social media world that we now find ourselves living in, he has to be able to connect with the young men who drive and define the culture.

2. 30 points per game...The best teams in the game are averaging 30 points per game, this means that their football philosophy is based upon taking advantage of the rules
disadvantaging defenses. Again, it's probably time to replace the old school coaches with guys who once patrolled Washington sidelines and are now
finding success elsewhere.

3. QB of the future, coach of the future... Just like the search for your QB of the future, you also must have that coach of the future. Ron Rivera isn't that, he's more the stopgap
type that holds the spot until the guy that you really want comes forth.

4. Listen to his former employer... In an interview with a radio reporter Carolina Panthers owner outlined why he felt a need to move on from Ron Rivera. You can listen to that
here... an interview with the Panthers official website. (take note of what he says about Scott Turner as well)

5. A hot market... Young head coaches are sprouting up throughout the league, to me this indicates that transition from guys like Rivera, Mike McCarthy and a few others still
patrolling sidelines. The hottest and most respected name on the market is Eric M. Bieniemy Jr.. If you want him, this is the very best time to get him. Besides,
there's one really good argument for the old hats to go and get this guy... In the Super-Bowl era, there's been one coach here that found championship
success and he was a young man who grew with his team.

You've given me a lot to think about here my friend but you always do and I like that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera will do a good job. I think he stays.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I believe that he (Rivera) stays primarily because Dan Snyder is adverse to the negative coverage that will come due to his refusal to go public with his reasons why as the Panther's owner did.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are never going to win consistently until we have stability at HC , and and Qb .

We will never win if we don’t come up with a plan and stick to it for more the a damn cup of coffee.

We won’t win until we get a new culture with honest professionals in the FO and all this lack of respect for people and especially women needs to be eradicated

Most of all we need to be patient and allow the process to move forward . And don’t confuse patience with a lack of urgency

Thing is many in this fan base want to bash Snyder for his knee jerk reactions but I have years of posts that show you doing the same thing .

Bashing Snyder for being a dick is great ! Bashing him for allowing the sexism to exist for decades is great !

But don’t bash him for impatience when you in fact do the same shit over and over again

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he was in Dallas instead of McCarthy.
At this point, boo-boo from around the way is more preferable to Dallas fans. That said, should Jerrah decide to DX McCarthy, I don't think that he's going to replace one dinosaur with another. Either way, good luck living through the current nightmare.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are never going to win consistently until we have stability at HC , and and Qb .

We will never win if we don’t come up with a plan and stick to it for more the a damn cup of coffee.

We won’t win until we get a new culture with honest professionals in the FO and all this lack of respect for people and especially women needs to be eradicated

Most of all we need to be patient and allow the process to move forward . And don’t confuse patience with a lack of urgency

Thing is many in this fan base want to bash Snyder for his knee jerk reactions but I have years of posts that show you doing the same thing .

Bashing Snyder for being a dick is great ! Bashing him for allowing the sexism to exist for decades is great !

But don’t bash him for impatience when you in fact do the same shit over and over again
Ok, but let's not get it twisted. This isn't about impatience at all, it's about knowing what you have, ( a Dadism) correcting it, then getting the right people in place now and for the future. I haven't given my opinion of the Rivera hire because a true evaluation wasn't fair based on what he did in Carolina. My hope was that he would come here and adapt to the new way that the NFL operates. By all indicators, he's the same ole' Coach that Carolina thought to be out of date.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that folks will want to take a wait and see stance. I believe that Ron Rivera will do a good job here. I seriously doubt that he will but he might be fortunate enough to duplicate his work in Carolina and run up a 76-63-1 regular season record, win three NFCE titles, one NFC championship and a Super Bowl appearance, and still not be the guy for this organization.

Success is a funny thing to football fans. The more you have of it, the more you want from it. Ultimately, there's one prize that everyone wants, and based on my evaluation ( and mine alone) old school won't get the team there.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that folks will want to take a wait and see stance. I believe that Ron Rivera will do a good job here. I seriously doubt that he will but he might be fortunate enough to duplicate his work in Carolina and run up a 76-63-1 regular season record, win three NFCE titles, one NFC championship and a Super Bowl appearance, and still not be the guy for this organization.

Success is a funny thing to football fans. The more you have of it, the more you want from it. Ultimately, there's one prize that everyone wants, and based on my evaluation ( and mine alone) old school won't get the team there.

Old school worked for BB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old school worked for BB.
Did it? Did it really or did he take guys in and adapt to their strengths? There was a lot of turnover with his teams over the years and he, like Andy Reed, Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, and a few "older" HC's all adapted to the changing personnel and rules of the game. Keep in mind, BB comes from the Parcell defensive minded tree and yet is better known for the offensive production that yielded all of those championships. ( his defenses were damned good too)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it? Did it really or did he take guys in and adapt to their strengths? There was a lot of turnover with his teams over the years and he, like Andy Reed, Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, and a few "older" HC's all adapted to the changing personnel and rules of the game. Keep in mind, BB comes from the Parcell defensive minded tree and yet is better known for the offensive production that yielded all of those championships. ( his defenses were damned good too)

That is old school. It is old school to actually coach. It is new school to let the children run the family.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is old school. It is old school to actually coach. It is new school to let the children run the family.
Actually, it's old school to dictate, (Ron Rivera types) vs learning to adapt ( the others that I listed)

They all can coach, but they all don't know how to talk/ communicate with an ever changing group of young men.

I honestly don't want to talk about Haskins, but I think that we both agree that he's been mishandled. To me it's worse than a mishandling of this one guy, but to allow all of that negative press go unanswered or not let it be known that his youthful, annoying, normal, ( for his generation) missteps are just that to a hungry press and fanbase sends the wrong message to that locker room that Rivera seems so afraid of losing. These are young guys, some ok, with strict discipline, others not so much and still others some mixture of each. A great HC handles all of that, in house and in a manner that fits all. If anyone is at risk of losing the locker room, it's Rivera.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's old school to dictate, (Ron Rivera types) vs learning to adapt ( the others that I listed)

They all can coach, but they all don't know how to talk/ communicate with an ever changing group of young men.

I honestly don't want to talk about Haskins, but I think that we both agree that he's been mishandled. To me it's worse than a mishandling of this one guy, but to allow all of that negative press go unanswered or not let it be known that his youthful, annoying, normal, ( for his generation) missteps are just that to a hungry press and fanbase sends the wrong message to that locker room that Rivera seems so afraid of losing. These are young guys, some ok, with strict discipline, others not so much and still others some mixture of each. A great HC handles all of that, in house and in a manner that fits all. If anyone is at risk of losing the locker room, it's Rivera.

I think good coaches have always used their player’s strengths. Then again, good GMs also get players hat actually fit the coach’s scheme. I would also say RR adapted to Cam Newton.

Part of being a good coach is being able to communicate.

I have been hyper critical of the handling of DH. The second we brought Allen over, I was critical of that decision because of the message it sent. The second we replaced DH with Allen, I thought it was a horrible decision. I do believe on day one, Allen was better prepared to lead the team because of his familiarity with the the offense and the COVID limitations really hurt DH. For that reason, RR and the staff could have easily communicated to DH they were going to start Allen to allow DH to develop and learn the playbook. it would have been a lot easier to replace Allen with DH because there are no true expectations with Allen. It also would have been easy to keep playing Allen if we were winning because of chemistry.

I think it is far too soon to say RR has lost the locker room when a quiet guy like TM says DH has to take some responsibility for himself.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee

Heh. I was just reading this thread when I noticed someone had quoted me and when I clicked to see who it was lo n behold. I don't agree with all your points, but I agree with enough of em. To agree with you about 86ing RR and getting an up n coming, young gun type HC.

I've come to believe that at the very best RR will be able to do for the Skins what Marty could've done had he been retained as HC. That being return the Skins to respectability, maybe even a habitual playoff team, but I don't see the Skins winning any SBs under RR. Which is the way I saw the Skins with Marty as HC had he been retained.

Here's the problem as I see it though. When Snyder fired Marty he had only been a giant dickhead for roughly 2 years or so. Now he's been a giant dickhead going on two plus decades. And while RR would get his entire contract monetary-wise if Snyder fired him. The emotional backlash Snyder would get for firing RR I believe would be monumental in nature. So much so that the job as HC of the Skins might reach blacklist level. I think the only way your proposal can work would be for Snyder to have the team taken away from him by the other owners just like Richardson having
Carolina taken from him.

Cuz while people probably wouldn't like a new owner coming in and firing RR. A new owner is droppin what? 2 billion+ dollars to acquire the Skins and anyone droppin that kinda coin won't get much if any backlash for firing anyone associated with the team before his tenure stated. If Snyder isn't forced out by the other owners though. Him firing RR after only a year will be just another totally fucked up thing people pile on to the mountain of totally fucked things Snyder has done over the last 20+ years of his ownership.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, boo-boo from around the way is more preferable to Dallas fans. That said, should Jerrah decide to DX McCarthy, I don't think that he's going to replace one dinosaur with another. Either way, good luck living through the current nightmare.

Not this Dallas fan.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old school is working for Pete Carroll and Mike Tomlin. Add BB and that counts for most of the Super Bowls won in the last 10 years or so. He isn't coaching anymore but Tom Coughlin was as old school as you can get and he won two. Not sure if you call Andy Reid old school but he doesn't suck.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are not even half way into season 1 of a new coach/OC/DC and multiple staffers, I have no idea why we are tossing around any type of conversation about dismissing RR after the season. Let's look at a few important points as to why I think RR is not only a GREAT place holder for a team/organization that was in disarray, turmoil, broken trust and multiple scandals but a leader of men.

*RR walked into a fire storm, albeit willingly. We are talking storm as in the owner has been a crud for 20 years
*Team name change
*Top LT elects to not join the team because of fire storm
*RR learns he has cancer
*RR played the game for many years
*RR took Carolina to the SB
*RR had a winning record in Carolina
*RR is very well respected in NFL coaching circles
*RR calls it like he see's it, no BS about what he thinks of player A, B or C
*RR is about building a culture, doing things the right way and using hard core discipline he learned in his military family upbringing
*RR brought some degree of respect and accountability to DC the moment he stepped through the doors. The guys going out the door had none!
*RR is a leader of men which is evident from every former player and current players who have said the same. They believe in this coach, unlike the last one.
*RR deserves the chance to "change the culture", and turn this team around from its past years of total dysfunction and idiots running the show which is what he was hired to do.
*RR deserves his 5 year contract to see if he can right the course of this ship before handing off to some young gun you all prefer to take his place.
*In RR I trust until I do not.