• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romor: LaMichael James to the Eagles

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@MikeClayNFL

Suppose the LaMichael James to Eagles rumors are coming soon. Could make some sense as a depth back/returner. Wouldn't spend more than 7.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldnt' even call that a rumor. It's a rumor of upcoming rumors. If we trade James for a 7th, I will be really, really upset about that pick. And I have been upset about it from the time it was announced to the present, basically. That entire draft was just a debacle.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldnt' even call that a rumor. It's a rumor of upcoming rumors. If we trade James for a 7th, I will be really, really upset about that pick. And I have been upset about it from the time it was announced to the present, basically. That entire draft was just a debacle.

I wouldn't mind trading James to the Eagles for a 7th. The guy shown he's pretty useless, I wonder if we can get Arrelious Benn, AJ's former teammate.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

LOL. Pozz hated that pick too when it was made.

I felt indifferent about it :doh: I thought it was a Greg Roman's plea to get him a speedster for his offense so I didn't mind the high pick only because at that time I was so high on Roman as an OC.

Crims, if we could get anything in return out of LMJ's (stock is very low at this point) it's a win. We plan on cutting him anyway, so let's get anything out of this bad investment. Who knows, we might get ourselves another Marcus Cooper (a great 7th round project to develop).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's horrible if just a 7th.... Really really bad.... That speed for nothing...ughhhhh

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I felt indifferent about it :doh: I thought it was a Greg Roman's plea to get him a speedster for his offense so I didn't mind the high pick only because at that time I was so high on Roman as an OC.

Crims, if we could get anything in return out of LMJ's (stock is very low at this point) it's a win. We plan on cutting him anyway, so let's get anything out of this bad investment. Who knows, we might get ourselves another Marcus Cooper (a great 7th round project to develop).

So another team could pick up our 7th??? :laugh3:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So another team could pick up our 7th??? :laugh3:

lol. I think they learned a vital lesson now. I bet they don't gamble like that again next year with a promising player. They got to find a way to fit this person to the 53...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy if we got anything for him at this point. He is not NFL fast and has shown it, the guy really doesn't have a place on this team and will be cut anyway.

You never know, there could be a KR/PR out there from some unknown tiny school that runs a 4.3 40 and is just waiting for someone to give him a chance in the 7th round. Of course I haven't researched this but there seems to always be those guys out there. I'd make this move.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It sucks but I dont think his value(7th rd pick) is much more than that. He's damn near useless and just taking up a roster spot for us.

I guess I would be happy with anything since he's probably not making our team next year with Gore, Lattimore, Dixon, and Hunter.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind trading James to the Eagles for a 7th. The guy shown he's pretty useless, I wonder if we can get Arrelious Benn, AJ's former teammate.

I missed this the first time, coming out of Illinois I really really liked Benn...

disappointed he hasn't made the splash yet but it was TB afterall....

I'd always welcome Arrelious.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Chip Kelly is only going to offer a 7th for a former player, that says it all.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two places he might be semi productive.......

1) A screen heavy offense, but I think he has 20% of the talent and toughness of a Sproles

2) The Canadian Football League

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First we have to get a punt returner. If we get one then James becomes expendable.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMJ for a 7th round. It's terrible, but he has no use with the Niners. It's worse than being on a clearance bin.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe Looney and and LaMichael James are the only players left from the 2012 49er draft class. However, in that draft they did trade away 3 draft picks.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First we have to get a punt returner. If we get one then James becomes expendable.

I don't think it would be hard for the brass to find a better punt returner than James. Might as well give Will Tukuafu a shot

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste of a pick from baalke and co.

Would of been nice to see our coaches actually try plays that benefit him. As we have been screaming for those type of plays.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think it would be hard for the brass to find a better punt returner than James. Might as well give Will Tukuafu a shot

In terms of catching the ball, sure. But James was an effective returner when he caught it cleanly. He was 10th in yards per return at 10.9. He fair caught about 1/3, which is in line with many top returners (Ginn fair caught half this year, for comparison). He never broke one, but he consistently picked up good yardage.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this the first time, coming out of Illinois I really really liked Benn...

disappointed he hasn't made the splash yet but it was TB afterall....

I'd always welcome Arrelious.

I'd be more than happy with that trade

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked the pick. I thought he would be another Darren Sproules.