• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo to Jags?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think Romo himself would put the kibosh on a Jax deal. No way to have a shot at the Super Bowl he wants there.

Plus to perhaps have to play on a Thursday in those babay shit yellow unis.........

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think Romo himself would put the kibosh on a Jax deal. No way to have a shot at the Super Bowl he wants there.

Plus to perhaps have to play on a Thursday in those babay shit yellow unis.........
I think it's extremely unlikely as well. However, I don't think Jacksonville is as far away from contending as their record indicates. Or as much as most people seem to think. I think if they simply had better QB play that alone would put them right there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo may not have a choice if he wants to start. He's a liability now. Any team taking a chance on him needs to have a reliable back up. Bortles would fit that mold. Jerry Jones is hating being in this position. His pride and joy sucking up nearly $25m in cap space. He'll have no trading partners unless he's willing to get butt r@ped by a team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's extremely unlikely as well. However, I don't think Jacksonville is as far away from contending as their record indicates. Or as much as most people seem to think. I think if they simply had better QB play that alone would put them right there.
A run game would help but Id agree that the Jaguars aren't too far off.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo may not have a choice if he wants to start. He's a liability now. Any team taking a chance on him needs to have a reliable back up. Bortles would fit that mold. Jerry Jones is hating being in this position. His pride and joy sucking up nearly $25m in cap space. He'll have no trading partners unless he's willing to get butt r@ped by a team.

I still think JJ is trying to do right by Romo.

So Romo has a small say in where he goes.

And no way he goes to Jax.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A run game would help but Id agree that the Jaguars aren't too far off.

Far off what exactly? A Super Bowl? They are miles away from that.

Winning a division? Possible since they are in the weakest one going.

Advancing in the playoffs? Again, not very likely.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think JJ is trying to do right by Romo.

So Romo has a small say in where he goes.

And no way he goes to Jax.
I agree that JJ is trying to watch out for him. But JJ has no leverage in this. He likely releases Romo and then it's up to Romo to see who offers him what? Any serious contender doesn't need a starter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far off what exactly? A Super Bowl? They are miles away from that.
Well, the Patriots had the top D and a top 3 QB last year (arguably #1) so most of the league is miles away from that.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaguars are the latest team to have Tony Romo rumors. As I Jags fan, I would be all for this. The only downside is what it could do to Bortles development/confidence. But otherwise they could use Romo for a year or two and if Bortles learns well he could still take over long term afterwards. Thoughts?
Tony Romo to the Jaguars?

my thoughts are if you trade for romo, you deserve to be fired.

He's played all of 4 games in the past 2 seasons due to serious injuries. One hard hit and he will likely get injured again. PLUS, the cowboys are going to release him anyhow, so if you give up anything of value at all to get Romo, you're just paying dallas to take away their trash for them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Patriots had the top D and a top 3 QB last year (arguably #1) so most of the league is miles away from that.

Put him on the right team though and they aren't far at all...

Houston I think would be much better than Jax with him.

Denver too. And I think KC as well. All 3 of those teams had most of the rest, just not a QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thoughts are if you trade for romo, you deserve to be fired.

He's played all of 4 games in the past 2 seasons due to serious injuries. One hard hit and he will likely get injured again. PLUS, the cowboys are going to release him anyhow, so if you give up anything of value at all to get Romo, you're just paying dallas to take away their trash for them.
It doesn't even need to be a hard hit. Bruschi on ESPN just commented on that. They showed the hit from Avril that "took" out Romo last season. It wasn't a vicious hit by any means. A hard hit may kill him, lol

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't even need to be a hard hit. Bruschi on ESPN just commented on that. They showed the hit from Avril that "took" out Romo last season. It wasn't a vicious hit by any means. A hard hit may kill him, lol
Sadly, he could end his career bending to tie his shoes.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suicide >>>> playing in jax

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was extremely awkward though. Basically landed on top of his head/neck. Sort of a pile driver effect.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was extremely awkward though. Basically landed on top of his head/neck. Sort of a pile driver effect.
I have lower back issues, compressed disks, bone spurs and arthritis it would've killed me. Heck, riding in a golf cart with no suspension and hitting a bump hurts like hell. But I don't think anyone would call it a hard hit. Like you said more like a pike driver effect. Bottom line he more than most QBs is an awkward or big hit away from being done. That's why his offers will be few, especially if he continues to want to be a starter on a contender.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a Second.

Didnt the Jags just make sure and Hire a Head Coach who would Develop Bortles? Didnt they exclude Coaches who wanted to Move On from Bortles????

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

um, I hate to break it to you, they're still quite a ways away.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Romo's going to the Jaguars. The guy goes anywhere it'd be to a Super Bowl contender. (Denver, Houston, Kansas City)