• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo poppin' off at the mouth

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Well this year every team is going to try and get every little advantage that they can I guess. Last week the Eagles kept just laying on top of Bronco players or twisting their ankles so they couldn't get up. They also tried the stupid "Papa Johns" yelling over and over to try and get into Peyton's head. I guess every week we should just expect this kind of stuff.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Romo has a point. You watch a lot of replays and you see a lot of grabbing and tugging by the Broncos secondary. Nothing major but it's definitely there. Sometimes it gets called (coughGiantsgamecough), sometimes it doesn't.

Personally, I like it. Play tough and physical in the secondary, and MAKE the officials throw the flag. That's basically what Baltimore did to us in the playoff game, and more often than not the refs swallowed the whistle. So I say keep it up.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think Romo has a point. You watch a lot of replays and you see a lot of grabbing and tugging by the Broncos secondary. Nothing major but it's definitely there. Sometimes it gets called (coughGiantsgamecough), sometimes it doesn't.

Personally, I like it. Play tough and physical in the secondary, and MAKE the officials throw the flag. That's basically what Baltimore did to us in the playoff game, and more often than not the refs swallowed the whistle. So I say keep it up.

We had about 3 games worth of penalties called on our secondary against the Giants. The refs did all they could to keep NY in that game :wtf2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Broncos do quite a bit of tugging but I think it fits into the identity they are trying to create on defense in they are going to knock you in the teeth over and over again. I love that our secondary is playing so aggressive especially considering we are missing Champ. I know the penalties hurt us in the Giants game some but all in all I would rather see this aggressive style by our guys than the playing 10 yards off and just waiting for a guy to come running by our guys. Yes there will be some frustration games like the Giants game but I think overall it will pay off huge in the long run for our guys especially once Champ comes back. Tony Carter seems to be the guy that does this the most so Champ coming back should replace some of the sloppy play of Carter.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Broncos do quite a bit of tugging but I think it fits into the identity they are trying to create on defense in they are going to knock you in the teeth over and over again. I love that our secondary is playing so aggressive especially considering we are missing Champ. I know the penalties hurt us in the Giants game some but all in all I would rather see this aggressive style by our guys than the playing 10 yards off and just waiting for a guy to come running by our guys. Yes there will be some frustration games like the Giants game but I think overall it will pay off huge in the long run for our guys especially once Champ comes back. Tony Carter seems to be the guy that does this the most so Champ coming back should replace some of the sloppy play of Carter.

That was exactly my point. Keep playing this way, make the officials flag us.

Carter does seem to get called the most, maybe he's just not as good as hiding it as the other guys are. During the Eagles game, I noticed several replays where DRC had his hand on DeSean Jackson, and would tug on him just a little when he tried to make cuts. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about, the smart plays. Worst case scenario if you do that is the refs throw a flag and you get a 5 yard penalty. I'd much rather have that than get beat for a big gain.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was exactly my point. Keep playing this way, make the officials flag us.

Carter does seem to get called the most, maybe he's just not as good as hiding it as the other guys are. During the Eagles game, I noticed several replays where DRC had his hand on DeSean Jackson, and would tug on him just a little when he tried to make cuts. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about, the smart plays. Worst case scenario if you do that is the refs throw a flag and you get a 5 yard penalty. I'd much rather have that than get beat for a big gain.

Carter's problem is his size and strength do not fit this defense as well as the others. So what happens is he tries to do too much at the line and unfortunately his guy beats him more than most would like and he over panics and reaches out grabbing his guy. He needs to remember he is actually pretty darn fast and just needs to relax a little more. I feel like he has little man syndrome sometimes. He needs to rely more on his coverage ability down the field than trying to work so hard to jam the guy at the line of scrimmage and end up putting himself in a bad position.

This is where DRC and Harris have a lot better advantage in they have a little more size and strength to actually have the jam at the line be successful. They also both do not over panic if a guy gets a little step but more reach out just a little and maybe do a quick tug which in the NFL most refs do not mind because they understand both players are usually fighting for position. The refs in the Giants game I think just got a little flag happy and started calling anything that even remotely resembled pass interference or holding. Most of the ones on Carter were actually holding or pass interference. The DRC ones were the ones that had me screaming at the tv because he just made great plays on the ball but hey I guess can't get all the calls to go your way.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just might backfire on Romo too. Instead of the ref's paying closer attention, it may turn them off. Romo's just whiny to begin with, and there's a chance the refs just write this off....

Most don't like being told by the players how to do their jobs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just might backfire on Romo too. Instead of the ref's paying closer attention, it may turn them off. Romo's just whiny to begin with, and there's a chance the refs just write this off....

Yeah nothing like being told you are not doing your job right to get you to want to help somebody out.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo needs to worry about that dog turd he calls the cowboys' secondary. They rank like 27th against the pass, what happens when they play the 1st ranked passing offense?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo needs to worry about that dog turd he calls the cowboys' secondary. They rank like 27th against the pass, what happens when they play the 1st ranked passing offense?

They get torched for 350+ yards and 3-4 TD's. Can almost book that one now.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Romo is complaining about just about every secondary in the NFL does. The Broncos opponents so far have done it. The Seahawks do it. The Cowboys do it too. Perhaps it is more pronounced with the Broncos because teams throw on them more so than your average team. In fact I think I read the Broncos are third in the league in opponents pass attempts. This means the Broncos defense is going to offer a bigger sample to observe, but Romo and any fan who thinks this isn't common amongst all 32 teams in the league is kidding himself.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Del Rio and Champ Bailey had the right response. Their comments are very professional and take the high road. Very admirable. I hope they stick it to Romo on Sunday.

Romo: Broncos DBs Are 'All Over Guys'