• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo MRI results

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. You really think that Stephen makes the first round picks and Jerry the second after a dozen or more guys spend the entire offseason pouring over scouting reports and video to build a draft board???

Jerry is in control. Yes he listens more to Stephen than ever and yes he probably gets a little more leeway to go off the ranch after round one, but he approves everything this team does. Give him credit for the first round picks, or blame Stephen for the second round picks, you don't get to pick and choose how you distribute credit or blame based on whether or not it was a good move. So Jerry is to blame for a basketball playing TE too? Or are we going to wait to see if he pans out and then give Stephen credit for having vision???:2cents:
I think that Stephen picks his battles. I've seen a lot of reports the last few years that have Jerry turning over more and more of the day to day to Stephen, and I think Stephen wisely picks his battles. That, or Jerry suddenly became the best 1st round picker in the NFL. If Jerry were still doing his thing, Johnny Football would be a Cowboy and out cap would look like crap

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Stephen picks his battles. I've seen a lot of reports the last few years that have Jerry turning over more and more of the day to day to Stephen, and I think Stephen wisely picks his battles. That, or Jerry suddenly became the best 1st round picker in the NFL. If Jerry were still doing his thing, Johnny Football would be a Cowboy and out cap would look like crap
JF: No, Jerry listened. that doesn't mean Stephen made the call, just that he convinced Jerry and just like the scouts convinced Jerry on all the other good picks and just like they convinced Jerry on the second round failures. It's all or nothing IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF: No, Jerry listened. that doesn't mean Stephen made the call, just that he convinced Jerry and just like the scouts convinced Jerry on all the other good picks and just like they convinced Jerry on the second round failures. It's all or nothing IMO
How can you say it's all or nothing when you just admitted JF was a case where Jerry listened..you don't think it's possible Smith and the hoopster TE might have been times he didnt? I absolutely do

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess it's good to be a classless loser:

So what. I meant it to be a start of trash talk.

Let my hatred for the Cocky bastards and the fans who don't know a THING ABOUT THE GAME (proof is the tweets. Clean hit. Ask anyone who knows football)

No need for name calling

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let my hatred for the Cocky bastards and the fans who don't know a THING ABOUT THE GAME (proof is the tweets. Clean hit. Ask anyone who knows football)

No need for name calling
are you sure your Mommy said you could use the PC today?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need for name calling
WTF? Shouldn't your team something of note before you go on another fanbase site and start shit? One whole Super Bowl puts y'all right up there with the Bucs and Panthers

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you sure your Mommy said you could use the PC today?

On a phone while off to work. Are you sure your mom allows you to talk to people like this.

Damn you come in here without a bias( because people can do both Jarnett. Here let me slow it down so you can understand it better.

People

Can

Move

Between

Threads

Without

Bias)

And i get jumped on because of me trash talking in a trash talking section.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Looked Into Potential Trade For Josh McCown, But Decided It Was Too Costly
Nate Bouda 11 mins ago Browns, Cowboys 0 Comments

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Cowboys looked into the possibility of trading for Browns veteran QB Josh McCown. However, Rapoport doesn’t expect trade talks to reignite in the coming days, based on the Browns’ asking price and McCown’s salary.

Instead, Rapoport says that the Cowboys will spend the next week looking for a backup quarterback behind Dak Prescott.

There really isn’t all that much in the free agent pool right now, so it will be interesting to see who ends up being available once teams get closer to the 53-man roster limit.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reported a few weeks ago that the cost to acquire McCown was “believed to be no less than a fourth-round pick.”

McCown, 36, signed a three-year, $14 million contract that includes $6.25 million guaranteed with the Browns back in March of last year. He stands to make base salaries of $4.375 million (2016) and $3.625 million (2017) over the duration of the agreement.

According to OverTheCap.com, trading McCown will free up $3,708,332 in available cap space while creating $1,333,334 in dead money.

In 2015, McCown appeared in eight games and threw for 2,109 yards while completing 63.7 percent of his passes to go along with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions. Pro Football Focushas him rated as the No. 29 quarterback out of 38 qualifying players.

We’ll have more regarding the Cowboys’ options as the news is available.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Shouldn't your team something of note before you go on another fanbase site and start shit? One whole Super Bowl puts y'all right up there with the Bucs and Panthers

And we still curse our Offensive coordinator for it.

BEVALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones tells Peter King that he doesn’t think they would be willing to trade fourth-round pick Dak Prescott for first-rounder Paxton Lynch right now.

“I don’t think our guys would even consider trading Prescott for Lynch right now,” said Jones. “No, I know they wouldn’t. That’s how much they like Dak right now.”

Jones added that he “can’t imagine a scenario” where Tony Romo is not their quarterback when healthy. However, Jones qualified that by saying that things happen and he referenced how Tom Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe several years ago.

“I can’t imagine a scenario where Tony’s not our quarterback when he’s ready,” Jones said. “But things happen. You know that. You know what happened to Bledsoe and Brady. I’m sure Tony’s aware of that. But the reality is, Tony’s going to come back for us and play great, we believe.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that at some point, the Cowboys will need to ask themselves if QB Tony Romo is worth the money he’s owed in his contract, considering his age, injury history and the possibility of further injury.
  • It’s going to be difficult for the Cowboys to part ways with Romo in the coming years, as releasing him in 2017 would result in a staggering $19.6M in dead money and just $5.1M in cap room.
  • If Dallas were instead to wait until 2018 to release Romo, those figures improve to $16.3M in available cap space and $8.9 million in dead money.
  • Cowboys HC Jason Garrett told reporters on Sunday that Romo will wear a back brace during his recovery time from the compression fracture in his vertebra. (Todd Archer)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Looked Into Potential Trade For Josh McCown, But Decided It Was Too Costly

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Cowboys looked into the possibility of trading for Browns veteran QB Josh McCown. However, Rapoport doesn’t expect trade talks to reignite in the coming days, based on the Browns’ asking price and McCown’s salary.

Instead, Rapoport says that the Cowboys will spend the next week looking for a backup quarterback behind Dak Prescott.

There really isn’t all that much in the free agent pool right now, so it will be interesting to see who ends up being available once teams get closer to the 53-man roster limit.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reported a few weeks ago that the cost to acquire McCown was “believed to be no less than a fourth-round pick.”

McCown, 36, signed a three-year, $14 million contract that includes $6.25 million guaranteed with the Browns back in March of last year. He stands to make base salaries of $4.375 million (2016) and $3.625 million (2017) over the duration of the agreement.

According to OverTheCap.com, trading McCown will free up $3,708,332 in available cap space while creating $1,333,334 in dead money.

In 2015, McCown appeared in eight games and threw for 2,109 yards while completing 63.7 percent of his passes to go along with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions. Pro Football Focushas him rated as the No. 29 quarterback out of 38 qualifying players.

Yeah, no way i give up a 4th for McCown. A lot are more interested in trading now than before the year. I'm less interested. I'm hoping we already have our #1 and #2 so I'm not giving up a lot for a third guy. If Dak shits the bed we are probably more interested in that 4th round pick than McCown...but I do like McCown and would pursue him for right deal.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Trade Market
  • Jason La Canfora reports that there should be a “robust little market” for backup quarterbacks in the coming weeks.
  • La Canfora lists the Cowboys and Steelers as two teams who are already in the market for help at the position.
  • In regards to Browns backup Josh McCown, La Canfora says that Cleveland is likely to hold onto him, even though he is likely the best available option.
  • Depending on how Jets backup Geno Smith plays tonight, La Canfora mentions that he could be trade bait.
  • Other teams who could have quarterbacks available for trade, according to La Canfora, include the Chiefs and the Dolphins.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like McCown, but I wouldn't give a 4th either

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Trade Market
  • Jason La Canfora reports that there should be a “robust little market” for backup quarterbacks in the coming weeks.
  • La Canfora lists the Cowboys and Steelers as two teams who are already in the market for help at the position.
  • In regards to Browns backup Josh McCown, La Canfora says that Cleveland is likely to hold onto him, even though he is likely the best available option.
  • Depending on how Jets backup Geno Smith plays tonight, La Canfora mentions that he could be trade bait.
  • Other teams who could have quarterbacks available for trade, according to La Canfora, include the Chiefs and the Dolphins.

Trade bait......

The only time Geno Smith is relevant

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade bait......

The only time Geno Smith is relevant

Still not relevant to me, unless I'm looking for someone to help the equipment manager