• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo MRI results

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not relevant to me, unless I'm looking for someone to help the equipment manager
If Smith were the option, I'd stick with Showers. Of the likely to be released, I like Sanchez and Yates, obviously slim pickings

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Murray if he is released. I'm biased towards SEC. Honestly SEC QBs aren't usually high in demand unless your last name is Manning

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with your Beasley comments. He does exactly what's asked of him and he does it very well. No team can have Dez, Irving, and Calvin as its WR's. You have a long history of saying so and so is good, just so you can come back and throw darts. The other issue I have with you and it's bigger than the the above, is per you WR are not allowed to say anything negative about the Eagles. News flash for you, this is the Cowboys board and there is no reason for us to be nice to the Eagles just to make you happy.

That's absolutely incorrect. If you ripped the Eagles WR I'd totally say you are right. If you said the Eagles are on a downward trend cause all their 1st round picks ate busting, I'd support you 100 percent. If you said the D looks good but not great cause their CB'S are mediocre I'd be totally with you. I never ever ever ever did that "rah rah the Eagles are great" schtick ever. Thats just total BS nonsense that I never did.

And no, teams can't be stacked at every position. I just didn't understand the love for a WR who is so limited.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting here shaking my head that you accused me of being a rah rah Eagles guy. I've always ripped them where they deserve it. The truth is I can say 100 positive things about Dallas but question one WR and you melt down and accuse me of only saying good things about Dallas so I can sneak some bad things in too... which is also frigging ridiculous.

Witten is a first ballot guy. Romo deserves so much more respect cause he's a star. Dallas has a great OLine. I think Demarco M should by MVP (2014).

I really don't think Beasley is that good. He's a career 400 yard guy... AND YOU MELT DOWN ON ME AND CALL ME A TROLL FOR THAT.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
second verse, same as the first

One thing I know is I always came with legit, unbiased football talk. I don't sit around thinking of poems to write on a football board. Look, I get it. Some people can't handle bias free talk if it comes from an opposing fan. You'd rather have a big circle jerk of Cowboy fans saying Dak is taking us to 11-5 and Beasley is a beast. Like I said, seemed pointless to me. I always appreciated the Cowboy fans that have valid takes on the Eagles board while a ton of Eagles fans rip them. It's stupid
.. but I get it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thinking not required..."poems" come naturally but there is truth when they come

How many years have you been saying pretty much the same thing? It's pointless

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You no what they say when you assume. Thats on me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis released. Don't know much about him other than he lit us up a couple if years ago with the Rams

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absolutely incorrect. If you ripped the Eagles WR I'd totally say you are right. If you said the Eagles are on a downward trend cause all their 1st round picks ate busting, I'd support you 100 percent. If you said the D looks good but not great cause their CB'S are mediocre I'd be totally with you. I never ever ever ever did that "rah rah the Eagles are great" schtick ever. Thats just total BS nonsense that I never did.

And no, teams can't be stacked at every position. I just didn't understand the love for a WR who is so limited.
you argued with me when I said Cooper stunk:scratch:

Again, Beasley is great at the role he is asked to do and that is to catch somewhere between 2 and 5 first down catches per week. He can't line up outside, he can't run down the sideline deep, he is better at setting up at the 3 and sneaking in than he is at getting open in the end zone in the red zone, but he is a huge part of our offense. But, I'm fine if a fan of another team doesn't see it that way. You either don't watch the Cowboy games the way we do or you just don't understand his value to THIS TEAM. He may suck on Philly, but he is very valuable to us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting here shaking my head that you accused me of being a rah rah Eagles guy. I've always ripped them where they deserve it. The truth is I can say 100 positive things about Dallas but question one WR and you melt down and accuse me of only saying good things about Dallas so I can sneak some bad things in too... which is also frigging ridiculous.

Witten is a first ballot guy. Romo deserves so much more respect cause he's a star. Dallas has a great OLine. I think Demarco M should by MVP (2014).

I really don't think Beasley is that good. He's a career 400 yard guy... AND YOU MELT DOWN ON ME AND CALL ME A TROLL FOR THAT.
I find you to be very objective until put on the defensive. then you come swinging against the Cowboys as a team and other posters and when you are a fan of another team that is unfortunately what is going to be remembered. :2cents:

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis released. Don't know much about him other than he lit us up a couple if years ago with the Rams
Yeah, I remember that. Bring him in for a look.
I think where I am in the short line on this is that I kind of like Showers. I'd rather hold onto him than a lot of these other guys. Ideally we stash him on the PS and roll with one of these guys as the #2 until Romo comes back, but I'm also wondering if we just stay with what we have. Does Romo get put on the IR eligible to return? If not, we aren't going 4 QBs and Romo is still in the mix for this year IMO. Yeah he likely comes back and gets hurt again, but he is going to keep coming back. He loves being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys and all it brings with it. I just don't see him ready to give that up. So if the team is ready to let Showers walk I think we sign someone else, but I think they like him enough to not put him out there.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree
Come on guys. You really think that Stephen makes the first round picks and Jerry the second after a dozen or more guys spend the entire offseason pouring over scouting reports and video to build a draft board???

Jerry is in control. Yes he listens more to Stephen than ever and yes he probably gets a little more leeway to go off the ranch after round one, but he approves everything this team does. Give him credit for the first round picks, or blame Stephen for the second round picks, you don't get to pick and choose how you distribute credit or blame based on whether or not it was a good move. So Jerry is to blame for a basketball playing TE too? Or are we going to wait to see if he pans out and then give Stephen credit for having vision???:2cents:
hat its ultimately all under the umbrella of JJ, but I think it has been a clear change in the philosophy and it has to be SJ's and others who have persuade JJ from making those picks in the first round. It was and still is killing the franchise.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you argued with me when I said Cooper stunk:scratch:

Again, Beasley is great at the role he is asked to do and that is to catch somewhere between 2 and 5 first down catches per week. He can't line up outside, he can't run down the sideline deep, he is better at setting up at the 3 and sneaking in than he is at getting open in the end zone in the red zone, but he is a huge part of our offense. But, I'm fine if a fan of another team doesn't see it that way. You either don't watch the Cowboy games the way we do or you just don't understand his value to THIS TEAM. He may suck on Philly, but he is very valuable to us.

Dude, stop frigging lying. I said Cooper is a freaking scrub and I can't wait til his racist ass gets cut. I hate how you keep lying and saying I said crap that I never said.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find you to be very objective until put on the defensive. then you come swinging against the Cowboys as a team and other posters and when you are a fan of another team that is unfortunately what is going to be remembered. :2cents:

That I agree with. I've said stuff that I'm embarrassed I did.