• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo MRI results

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough for me this year. I just don't have a prediction right now. I don't know about 10. The D is still middle of the pack with luck and I think Dak will play well, but he is a rookie. I am leaning towards 9, but I wonder if there is a chance 8 could win the division? Maybe the Giants have a great year if the FAs work out, but I don't see Philly or Wash winning 9+. If we get a decent pass rush and Dak plays well I think double digits is certainly achievable without the injury bug. I think Lawrence is going to be VERY good. If T Crawford is what we thought he would become last year I think the D could be much better than many around the league expect.
I think Dak could have more success in the short term than a season long gig, because the DC's will begin to take away the things he does well at some point. If we could win 3 of the first 6 with Dak in...by that time, we should have DLaw and possibly Romo back...I think we could win 9-10. If we start, say 2-4, 2-5, we are looking at a 7-8 win season at best. I think Dak is going to be fine
The team in our division that worries me is the first one we play. The Giants have some holes, but their passing game is gonna be stout

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Witten will catch less and less balls each year and Dez is very clearly "The Man". 100 catches is only 6.25 per game. I think if he plays 16 games and is healthy he gets 100 balls.
I don't know about 100. I'd be shocked if the Cowboys don't run the ball 30-35 times per game in the first 6. Zeke and Morris are gonna get some work...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dak could have more success in the short term than a season long gig, because the DC's will begin to take away the things he does well at some point. If we could win 3 of the first 6 with Dak in...by that time, we should have DLaw and possibly Romo back...I think we could win 9-10. If we start, say 2-4, 2-5, we are looking at a 7-8 win season at best. I think Dak is going to be fine
The team in our division that worries me is the first one we play. The Giants have some holes, but their passing game is gonna be stout
I'm not saying I don't think 10 is attainable, just more trying to figure out my personal prediction and don't think I personally can go that high before seeing a game or two. I think Dak is going to need to run the ball a little. I think if he does that he keeps the defense honest and he will be fine. I'm really trying to keep my expectations down a little for him. It was pretty amazing how he looked and I keep telling myself that he can't be this good this quickly, but he was fantastic. I understand and agree with, don't buy the vanilla defense BS as 100%. It's becoming a catch phrase, like 1st place schedule and being made out to be more than it is. Yeah, I get there wasn't a lot of exotic looks, but he did face a lot of blitzing. Seattle was coming at him hard. And with our run game teams are going to have to be careful what they do anyway snd we won't be sitting at 3rd and long as much as most teams. You run a stunt on 3rd and 3 and you could get both lineman pushed right out of the play if we run the ball. And like Romo in 2014, if he has a lot of 3rd and 4, instead of 3rd and 8 the game becomes much easier and the defenses don't play as aggressive.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I don't think 10 is attainable, just more trying to figure out my personal prediction and don't think I personally can go that high before seeing a game or two. I think Dak is going to need to run the ball a little. I think if he does that he keeps the defense honest and he will be fine. I'm really trying to keep my expectations down a little for him. It was pretty amazing how he looked and I keep telling myself that he can't be this good this quickly, but he was fantastic. I understand and agree with, don't buy the vanilla defense BS as 100%. It's becoming a catch phrase, like 1st place schedule and being made out to be more than it is. Yeah, I get there wasn't a lot of exotic looks, but he did face a lot of blitzing. Seattle was coming at him hard. And with our run game teams are going to have to be careful what they do anyway snd we won't be sitting at 3rd and long as much as most teams. You run a stunt on 3rd and 3 and you could get both lineman pushed right out of the play if we run the ball. And like Romo in 2014, if he has a lot of 3rd and 4, instead of 3rd and 8 the game becomes much easier and the defenses don't play as aggressive.
I totally agree with you on the vanilla D BS...here's my thing, Dak leads all NFL QB's in passer rating this preseason...is Dak the only QB who has faced vanilla? Why don't some of the 5 and 10 year elite QB's have perfect ratings if it is so easy? Also, as you said, he may have faced 2's and 3's the first couple of weeks, but that was Seattle's starters the entire 1st half and Dallas had no Dez Bryant! If TWill had made any effort to fight for the deep ball from Dak, the Cowboys would have scored 17 in the half...I could live with that
On a side note, if I'm the Cowboys, I'm throwing a play action deep ball on the first play against the Giants week one...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you on the vanilla D BS...here's my thing, Dak leads all NFL QB's in passer rating this preseason...is Dak the only QB who has faced vanilla? Why don't some of the 5 and 10 year elite QB's have perfect ratings if it is so easy? Also, as you said, he may have faced 2's and 3's the first couple of weeks, but that was Seattle's starters the entire 1st half and Dallas had no Dez Bryant! If TWill had made any effort to fight for the deep ball from Dak, the Cowboys would have scored 17 in the half...I could live with that
On a side note, if I'm the Cowboys, I'm throwing a play action deep ball on the first play against the Giants week one...
And Smith and Witten only played half as many snaps as the other starters

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you a 1000% guarantee that Dak will not be any worse than any back up QB we had last year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Witten will catch less and less balls each year and Dez is very clearly "The Man". 100 catches is only 6.25 per game. I think if he plays 16 games and is healthy he gets 100 balls.

How many games do u plan on Dak playing? If Romo played 16 games I would say there is a shot. Let's say we average 30 passes a game, 20 completions. Spread those 20 out .

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games do u plan on Dak playing? If Romo played 16 games I would say there is a shot. Let's say we average 30 passes a game, 20 completions. Spread those 20 out .
18 to Dez, 1 to Beasley, 1 to Witten!!!
I don't know. I just know 6 catches is not a lot for a stud WR.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you a 1000% guarantee that Dak will not be any worse than any back up QB we had last year.
I'm not a big fan of guarantees, "always" or "Never"...I'll just hope you are right. Weeden wasn't too bad. If we let the reins go a little more and kept him as the starter we could have won some games IMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 we had 328 completions. Both Beasley and Twill had 37 apiece. Both should be better. Dwayne Harris caught 7. I think Butler catches 25 at least. Witten caught 64. He at worst is gonna catch 50. Now The RBs caught around 80. This may be where Dez adds a few but I don't think so. I think Romo misses 4 games. Dak is not gonna help the Dez catch more, unless they use him like they did his first game ever and throw him 7 screen passes in the first half.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 we had 328 completions. Both Beasley and Twill had 37 apiece. Both should be better. Dwayne Harris caught 7. I think Butler catches 25 at least. Witten caught 64. He at worst is gonna catch 50. Now The RBs caught around 80. This may be where Dez adds a few but I don't think so. I think Romo misses 4 games. Dak is not gonna help the Dez catch more, unless they use him like they did his first game ever and throw him 7 screen passes in the first half.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem pretty certain that he won't catch around .5 more passes per game from a young QB and aging QB that may rely on him more than ever. Me, I'm thinking he might:noidea:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off if Romo throws 30 a game, Dak is gonna throw 25 in a perfect world. Dak isn't gonna complete 65 percent either. I think those completions go down to about 15 a game. Again that's a perfect world script. The game itself will dictate how much he is gonna throw it. I think they will definitely make him drive the bus and focus on turnovers. You know as well as I do, Dez catches a lot of balls in traffic, contested. I think Dak plays it safe.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off if Romo throws 30 a game, Dak is gonna throw 25 in a perfect world. Dak isn't gonna complete 65 percent either. I think those completions go down to about 15 a game. Again that's a perfect world script. The game itself will dictate how much he is gonna throw it. I think they will definitely make him drive the bus and focus on turnovers. You know as well as I do, Dez catches a lot of balls in traffic, contested. I think Dak plays it safe.

OK. I'm not proposing that I know what's going to happen in the future. I think Dez might catch 100 balls and nothing you have written changes my opinion of that. You think there is no chance in Hell it could happen. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.:suds:

But, I also don't think we are winning 12 games and thus may not be running out the clock so often and that Dez is the best player on the field when we have the ball...the beast is going to be fed this year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I'm not proposing that I know what's going to happen in the future. I think Dez might catch 100 balls and nothing you have written changes my opinion of that. You think there is no chance in Hell it could happen. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.:suds:

But, I also don't think we are winning 12 games and thus may not be running out the clock so often and that Dez is the best player on the field when we have the ball...the beast is going to be fed this year.

Now see, putting it that way maybe. I was simply speaking in a perfect world scenario. I know last yr, although injured, he didn't do much when he played with our backups. I first said maybe if we are throwing a ton. If he catches 100 great. With Dak as QB for who knows how long, Morris and Elliott are gonna be the beasts. I read today that in the 50 passes Dak has thrown , he hasn't had a true drop back from C yet. He is either play action, rolling , boot, or in shotgun.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are agreeing he might?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always a chance. I think he would have a lot better chance with Romo.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no clue
maybe dez catches less with more TD's and witten remains one hell of a security blanket for Dak

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough for me this year. I just don't have a prediction right now. I don't know about 10. The D is still middle of the pack with luck and I think Dak will play well, but he is a rookie. I am leaning towards 9, but I wonder if there is a chance 8 could win the division? Maybe the Giants have a great year if the FAs work out, but I don't see Philly or Wash winning 9+. If we get a decent pass rush and Dak plays well I think double digits is certainly achievable without the injury bug. I think Lawrence is going to be VERY good. If T Crawford is what we thought he would become last year I think the D could be much better than many around the league expect.
Your 16-0 prediction was OK with me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Austin Davis and Zach Mettenberger are on the Cowboys radar. I wouldn't mind having either of them