• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo MRI results

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no reason to bring in a vet QB
Romo will miss the 1st 6 weeks & Dak will start. If we have to bring in a 3rd String Qb to play between that time. Whoever it is. isn't gonna be a difference maker in the win/loss scenario. Why pay more money for player that is/should be a very cheap player. We stick with whoever we have on the team for a 3rd Stringer, not go get a higher priced retread. Just to waste money. (cap) If Dak gets injured between now & week 6, then we wont have a choice but to find someone, but until that happens stick with what we got. Dak starts until after the bye week, then after that if he is kickin ass you leave him as the starter & room is the back up. If he isn't kickin ass then Romo starts week 8 & Dak is the back up. if a 3rd stringer has to play in a game or 2, why would you hire a retread for that? if we need a 3rd String Qb any longer than that we wont have a chance at the playoffs anyways & might as well season our current 3rd stringer. Still no need for a retread. No need to waste cap space.
Now if we traded in a 3rd stringer for another (hopefully better) guy on a rookie contract, then at least that is apples to apples.

Makes no sense to go get another QB for the sake of experience.
Dak gets a high ankle sprain week 1, out 3-4 weeks....season over. I know some of the retreads aren't great options, but with the Cowboys OL, RB's and WR's, a vet might win 2 of 4. Those two wins would be better than the 0 we'd win with Showers in there

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at what point is enough enough. We all love Romo there's an old saying you cant make the roster in the hot tub. For salary cap reasons you keep him this year....thats it. Benefit of the doubt lol heres a short list of guys better than Tony Romo who didn't get the benefit of the doubt: Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Mc nabb, Emmitt, Bledsoe 3 times. Guys its a business. Romo value to this team has expired. No offense. He's been hurt, no had major injury in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Its not personal. Chances are due to health he can no longer be looked at as a franchise qb. Father time catches us all.

You can have a discussion about the reality of a situation. And there is just being a douche.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have a discussion about the reality of a situation. And there is just being a douche.
You can't handle another mens opinion so im a douche lol, but you the one who resort to name calling. The only dude that gives you a like is a notorious bully.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree with McNabb over Romo. If Romo played on those Philly teams, I think he'd have won a SB
Yeah because Romo has shined in situations when we needed him most.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall making this a Romo issue. My opinions have been consistent as a poster. If this was a random acute injury i.e.Scandrick, no big deal. Guys with chronic injury problems become black holes. Why is Romo any different? So if Dak is .500 or better the job should be his. This is his audition if he fails, and the brass decide to bring back Romo fine. Its about the team not 1 player.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because Romo has shined in situations when we needed him most.
Actually, he has. How much better can you do than best 4th quarter passer ratiing ever and HOF career numbers? I'm sure you've seen all his games like I have, how many times has he lead the team to a scoring drive late in the game, only to have the defense give up the winning score in under 2 minutes? He's just 1 of 53

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he has. How much better can you do than best 4th quarter passer ratiing ever and HOF career numbers? I'm sure you've seen all his games like I have, how many times has he lead the team to a scoring drive late in the game, only to have the defense give up the winning score in under 2 minutes? He's just 1 of 53
You making me attack the team I love and my favorite qb ever. The proof is in the pudding though U.K. 2 playoff wins in 10 years period. I get that hes had some poor defenses, but those same defenses what argue that he's created some of those loses with bad decisions of his own. It goes both ways. By the way Mcnabb has HOF numbers himself (border line like Romo). Neither dude has a chance w/o a ring, but please don't tell me about regular season success and then ignore his playoff history. It all matters.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note U.K. I appreciate the fact we can respectfully disagree with out name calling. We love the same team after all. Also Correction Romo is my favorite Cowboys QB. Moon and Marino and Peyton are my favorite all time QBs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note U.K. I appreciate the fact we can respectfully disagree with out name calling. We love the same team after all. Also Correction Romo is my favorite Cowboys QB. Moon and Marino and Peyton are my favorite all time QBs.
I feel the same way Brother, we are all passionate about the Cowboys and just want them to succeed. My feeling is, if Jerry had put Stephen in charge 10 years ago instead of 2-3, Romo might have gotten that ring

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In
I feel the same way Brother, we are all passionate about the Cowboys and just want them to succeed. My feeling is, if Jerry had put Stephen in charge 10 years ago instead of 2-3, Romo might have gotten that ring
Intresting thought. I think the compromise going on in the organization is Stephen is making the 1st round picks, Jerry still handles 2nd round. Thats why we continue to make bargain picks like Jaylon Smith. I sure hope he's right on that guy. Right now it looks like fools gold.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In

Intresting thought. I think the compromise going on in the organization is Stephen is making the 1st round picks, Jerry still handles 2nd round. Thats why we continue to make bargain picks like Jaylon Smith. I sure hope he's right on that guy. Right now it looks like fools gold.
I think that's very possible...allow Jerry to go for his homerun as long as they stick to their board on the first pick. Jaylon does strike as the type of splash move Jerry would make, as is his attempt to trade up for Lynch

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these time tables are screwing with my emotions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at what point is enough enough. We all love Romo there's an old saying you cant make the roster in the hot tub. For salary cap reasons you keep him this year....thats it. Benefit of the doubt lol heres a short list of guys better than Tony Romo who didn't get the benefit of the doubt: Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Mc nabb, Emmitt, Bledsoe 3 times. Guys its a business. Romo value to this team has expired. No offense. He's been hurt, no had major injury in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Its not personal. Chances are due to health he can no longer be looked at as a franchise qb. Father time catches us all.
None of those players had a cap crippling contract to cut. If your concern is simply for Romo's quality of life I don't think anyone can disagree. But, we are here in the offseason talking football because we care about the Cowboys and them winning games.

If he were a FA I would not offer him a contract, but he isn't. If I look at what is best for the Cowboys winning games as of today it is Romo on this team. Shame on us if we don't have a backup plan in place knowing full well he is as fragile as a professional athlete can be. and yeah, we all know we kind of backed into a backup plan with Dak when caught with our pants down with how asinine our preparation for backup QB was this year. BUT,,,he is still a damn good QB when he is playing. If he can walk out onto the field he is good enough to start. If he is hurt we need a replacement anyway. So play him until he gets hurt, retires or someone else proves better. So, as long as we aren't approaching this and putting all our eggs in Romo's basket I say it's his and his family's call on retiring. Even if Dak takes off and ends up better, is Showers too better? Dak could get hurt too...

So, as I have been saying for years we can't depend on Romo ever playing a full season again, but we can't afford to push him aside yet either:2cents:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. That defense has lost more games late then Romo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In

I think that's very possible...allow Jerry to go for his homerun as long as they stick to their board on the first pick. Jaylon does strike as the type of splash move Jerry would make, as is his attempt to trade up for Lynch

Come on guys. You really think that Stephen makes the first round picks and Jerry the second after a dozen or more guys spend the entire offseason pouring over scouting reports and video to build a draft board???

Jerry is in control. Yes he listens more to Stephen than ever and yes he probably gets a little more leeway to go off the ranch after round one, but he approves everything this team does. Give him credit for the first round picks, or blame Stephen for the second round picks, you don't get to pick and choose how you distribute credit or blame based on whether or not it was a good move. So Jerry is to blame for a basketball playing TE too? Or are we going to wait to see if he pans out and then give Stephen credit for having vision???:2cents:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't handle another mens opinion so im a douche lol, but you the one who resort to name calling. The only dude that gives you a like is a notorious bully.

I offered up 2 choices. You're the one who assumed you were the douche.

Last edited: