• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rome has broken back, out 6-10 weeks

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Romo but he needs to hang them up it simply isn't worth being permanently disabled over. Especially considering all the money he's made.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops wrong thread...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""Obvious you say? BOY, you are right up there with the hate.
Romo is a china doll....no question about it
however
that was an awkward slide attempt at the exact time a guy was closing from behind and he wringed his back.
Sorry to disappoint, but guys like you will be appearing all year just waiting for the opportunity when and if it happens at any point in the season. Understandable, while your team is bottom 5 regardless, redskin & gmen fans know full well their season's depend on Romo missing 6 plus games in order to win the division.
Dallas & Romo are fine for now....better luck down the road. :kissass:""

No apologies here and why ? The Wiz say's done means to never win another playoff game. I didn't catch yours,,,guess NOW that's to never play again?

You are a hater, and you have been waiting on the edge of your seat...would be all season for any injury.
So you got lucky with this news and beside yourself. Congrats...still sucks to be you
:nono: I said it doesn't have to mean anything more than not winning another playoff game. You jump on the words of others and then change the entire meaning of posts to pat yourself on the back for comfort.

Not on my watch.

Bottom line is we all saw what happened and all saw how he reacted and all told you he was done. And now the media is telling you that as well. Didn't expect you to tell us we were right and this response certainly didn't disappoint.

It's not hate to point out the obvious facts. Romo's body isn't going to let him play football at the level needed to be relevant anymore. Sad, but true.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: I said it doesn't have to mean anything more than not winning another playoff game. You jump on the words of others and then change the entire meaning of posts to pat yourself on the back for comfort.

Not on my watch.

Bottom line is we all saw what happened and all saw how he reacted and all told you he was done. And now the media is telling you that as well. Didn't expect you to tell us we were right and this response certainly didn't disappoint.

It's not hate to point out the obvious facts. Romo's body isn't going to let him play football at the level needed to be relevant anymore. Sad, but true.
lol...it's hate from the eagle fan living in texas, even he'll tell ya that much.
all I know wiz, I'm glad the hoop figured out that bad guys should never be allowed to carry a badge.

Done to me is not playing the game ever again. I don't see that, could be wrong but all the shit talkers here and the F-in media won't form my opinions on football or the players that play the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...it's hate from the eagle fan living in texas, even he'll tell ya that much.
all I know wiz, I'm glad the hoop figured out that bad guys should never be allowed to carry a badge.

Done to me is not playing the game ever again. I don't see that, could be wrong but all the shit talkers here and the F-in media won't form my opinions on football or the players that play the game.
Unless Dak is just not nearly as ready as most of your fans hope, I don't see Romo as a starter anymore. Riding the bench isn't exactly still playing the game.

Honestly I wish he was still able to be the starter. Even if that meant a tougher road for the Seahawks to reach the NFCCG. You want to play the best to be the best. I just don't see him able to do it anymore.

If Dak is not carrying the team he probably will play again, but for how long?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to check the Dallas salary cap situation. If Tony retires today Dallas is fucked. I'm not even sure they can handle the cap if he retires in 2017.

The Romo I know would do whatever was possible to avoid that scenario if he decided to retire.

I expect Romo to end his career the same way he started it. With class.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.

I bet some Cowboys fans were secretly hoping for something like this.

Cowboys fans am I right ?
Not the smart ones.

BUT...the backup situation looks a whole lot better than it did a month ago. At least all the talk about whether Dak is a Hall of Famer or lucky rookie who can't play against anything but a vanilla defense and players that aren't trying will be answered. My guess is the answer is somewhere in between...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on the record and if we have a shot at the playoffs as to when he plays this season IMO.
Don't see any chance of that. Romo is the QB. If we have a good record Romo will play if able because we will be in the playoff picture. If we have a bad record it likely means Dak isn't ready. So the only thing that keeps Romo off the field is health. Now am I confident that he will actually be able to play when they are saying with his back history? No. I've said all along his back is the concern, not his collarbone. He just seems brittle. How many QBs break a bone on that? And the other thing is how he gets into a defensive position all the time at contact. When you cringe, you get hurt.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Romo but he needs to hang them up it simply isn't worth being permanently disabled over. Especially considering all the money he's made.
Time for Tony to start his PGA career.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the smart ones.

BUT...the backup situation looks a whole lot better than it did a month ago. At least all the talk about whether Dak is a Hall of Famer or lucky rookie who can't play against anything but a vanilla defense and players that aren't trying will be answered. My guess is the answer is somewhere in between...
Dak will be okay... Trust me.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for getting rid of the cap especially now, but I see why it's needed, and I'm fairly certain it's here to stay.
Maybe they can institute an cap forgiving injury/retirement rule.

That makes it tough though. Then a team could give an older player a massive signing bonus and a 10 year deal spreading out that bonus and when he retires in 2 years the 80% of the cap hit on that bonus evaporates.

As for where they go when he comes back, we'll see.. Depends on Dak plays. Have to say he might be in the best position of all the rookies with that line, a great emergency valve in Witten who's got the leadership and smarts to help out, a guy that can create mismatches in Dez, and a top offensive line.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes it tough though. Then a team could give an older player a massive signing bonus and a 10 year deal spreading out that bonus and when he retires in 2 years the 80% of the cap hit on that bonus evaporates.

As for where they go when he comes back, we'll see.. Depends on Dak plays. Have to say he might be in the best position of all the rookies with that line, a great emergency valve in Witten who's got the leadership and smarts to help out, a guy that can create mismatches in Dez, and a top offensive line.
Well I doubt any player gonna sign that deal knowing every year past 5 is easily cutable. The current contract rules make any large contract a risk, I'm sure if the NFL suggested some kind of injury relief the union would jump on board as long as it didn't take from the player. The iffy part would be teams trying to cheat the system claiming player injury as the reason for release. O
It's just a thought I've had for years, Romo isn't what brought this up for me. If it were possible it would take bigger brains than mine to work it out.

I will agree Dak is in a great position talent wise around him, but he's young and playing QB for Dallas can eat you up.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to check the Dallas salary cap situation. If Tony retires today Dallas is fucked. I'm not even sure they can handle the cap if he retires in 2017.

Yeah, Romo retiring right now makes no sense, he loses $8.5 million in salary and obviously costs the Cowboys $11 million over his current earnings. It would hurt both parties, and I just can't see Romo doing that, even if it didn't cost him anything.

Next year, at least, him retiring saves the Cowboys a net $5 million in cap space for 2017. Also, if the Cowboys wanna be jerks about it, they could get his remaining signing bonus back ($5 million more), but I would hope they wouldn't do that to a guy who's been the face of the franchise for a decade and only retired due to injury issues. Also, I don't know if they can get recompense for the remaining $14.6 million on his restructure bonuses. If they could, theoretically they could just wipe Romo off their books and get the entire $24.7 million cap hit back.

That's how I understand it, but for that to happen, the Cowboys would have to be complete douches to stick it to Romo like that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Romo retiring right now makes no sense, he loses $8.5 million in salary and obviously costs the Cowboys $11 million over his current earnings. It would hurt both parties, and I just can't see Romo doing that, even if it didn't cost him anything.

Next year, at least, him retiring saves the Cowboys a net $5 million in cap space for 2017. Also, if the Cowboys wanna be jerks about it, they could get his remaining signing bonus back ($5 million more), but I would hope they wouldn't do that to a guy who's been the face of the franchise for a decade and only retired due to injury issues. Also, I don't know if they can get recompense for the remaining $14.6 million on his restructure bonuses. If they could, theoretically they could just wipe Romo off their books and get the entire $24.7 million cap hit back.

That's how I understand it, but for that to happen, the Cowboys would have to be complete douches to stick it to Romo like that.
I doubt Dallas give any thoughts about going after his signing bonus. If they did I can see fans turning their backs on the team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt there is any talk of retirement at this point. The bigger question is putting him on IR. He'd be eligible to return in week 9. That's just one game past his most optimistic return date given their bye in week 7.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to look into signing Vick to backup Prescott.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea the actual rules but the NFLPA is really fucked up and pitiful as a union if Romo has a career ending injury and it hurts the Cowboys in the salary cap.