• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rolston waived?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
one more thing you dont care if 1,000 fans dont show up? even corperate? well hate to break it to you if they are "real" fans or not their money is as green as ours and lets face if we are only catering to "fans" well then i guess the team isnt going to grow its fanbase eh?

What the hell are you even talking about? I said who cares if there are empty corporate seats... You're complaining about how there definitely wasn't a sellout on opening night based on the fact that there were empty seats, despite the fact that it was a sellout... I'm not even sure where you're going with this. I also clearly pointed out that I had no problem with corporate seats being sold with no one sitting in them. You're the one complaining that the seats are empty....

Furthermore, I'd love to know where the Devils give out free tickets... Besides the occasional bar stop the devils dancers make.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's called corporate seats and stubhub everyone. There is a very real difference between fans in seats and paid attendance. Personally, I could care less if 1,000 freebies in the corporate seats don't show up, because they really don't care in the first place.

problem with this not caring if 1,000 people dont show up with freebies? because they arent really "fans"? means we really arent going to grow as a fanbase are we?

opening night was far beyond 1,000 empty seats...then again like i said your going by tix sold/gave away not actual gate...go to a game you will see the difference

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most real fans arent gonna get free seats anyway

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ah the "real" fan vs the "fake" fan argument..i love these!

see there really isnt any difference between the two...because us "real" fans well our money doesnt count twice as much as "fake" fans so would i want a 1,000 "fake" fans in the seats? yeah i would! if i have to go into the reasoning for that then i guess no one took business 101?

as far as "real" fans go not getting free seats? yeah i dont think too many free seats exsist but i will tell you this saturday night i got an email from the team for a chance to win free tickets..then when i didnt win i got an offer for $20 lower level seats i could've got seats as low as row 8 which are what like $85? tonight i could've got $10 seats where they are usually $90 second level

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, I guess I should amend what I said to be more clear, most real fans wouldnt get free CORPORATE seats/suits

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
problem with this not caring if 1,000 people dont show up with freebies? because they arent really "fans"? means we really arent going to grow as a fanbase are we?

opening night was far beyond 1,000 empty seats...then again like i said your going by tix sold/gave away not actual gate...go to a game you will see the difference

So you would rather them not sell the corporate seats? I would argue that people getting free tickets from work is one of the best ways to get someone who's never gone to a game to go..

I'm also still not following your argument about growing the fan base.. The cheap ticket offers you're talking about are a great way to get people to attend some of the less desirable games. I have 11 friends all coming with me to the Islanders game on the 23rd because they all think it's a great deal--> $25 upper deck with $10 food card included free. They wouldn't go otherwise. That's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's about time!

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would rather them not sell the corporate seats? I would argue that people getting free tickets from work is one of the best ways to get someone who's never gone to a game to go..

I'm also still not following your argument about growing the fan base.. The cheap ticket offers you're talking about are a great way to get people to attend some of the less desirable games. I have 11 friends all coming with me to the Islanders game on the 23rd because they all think it's a great deal--> $25 upper deck with $10 food card included free. They wouldn't go otherwise. That's for sure.

I'm going the 23rd as well. Got the $19 ticket deal for using a college ID. If you want to grab a beer just let me know.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah the "real" fan vs the "fake" fan argument..i love these!

see there really isnt any difference between the two...because us "real" fans well our money doesnt count twice as much as "fake" fans so would i want a 1,000 "fake" fans in the seats? yeah i would! if i have to go into the reasoning for that then i guess no one took business 101?

as far as "real" fans go not getting free seats? yeah i dont think too many free seats exsist but i will tell you this saturday night i got an email from the team for a chance to win free tickets..then when i didnt win i got an offer for $20 lower level seats i could've got seats as low as row 8 which are what like $85? tonight i could've got $10 seats where they are usually $90 second level

not neccassarily true.in a different perspective half the "fake" fans that appeared after the kovy trade have jumped ship therefore not spending their money on attending games which makes the real fan money more valuable.