• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rolston waived?

UBDevils22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought part of reason for his signing was to get fans in the stands.:eek:
Yes our current record does not help...but then isn't he that superstar that people would want to come out and see regardless...oh no wait that is Crosby and OV.:L

It looks like this deal has failed in more than one area.

1. More creativity...NOT
2. Offensive pressence and scoring....NOT
3. Power Play dominance...NOT
4. Attract more people to fill the seats/generate revenue...NOT

Great!:rolleyes:

hey now, in fairness, their power play has been on fire lately, we're scoring over 50% over the past 4 games if i'm not mistaken.

and attendance is up, there's just a lot of people in empty seat costumes.

as for scoring by kovalchuk, he's only being outscored by about 35 players... granted those players are ONLY INCLUDING DEFENSEMAN. :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't appear as though he's going amywhere.unless someone decides to claim him between now and tonight it would appear he will be centering clarkson and tedenby

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He cleared waivers.

Lou's big shakeup move is to have Rolston skating on the third line again.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
epic fail lou!

i will say this though about attendance...i was there opening night and the place only had like 14,000 and thats before this season went to hell...i'm thinking no matter what no one was coming to games this year?

and im not saying they are any different but im courious to see what the attendance numbers were last year? when kovy came here and the team was winning

btw lou should waive langs and white imo

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing I've seen the rock empty with kovy on the team last year.truth is the only game I remember going to last year with a high attendance was retro jersey night.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget Flyers and Rangers games...of course, those arent our fans but still.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
epic fail lou!

i will say this though about attendance...i was there opening night and the place only had like 14,000 and thats before this season went to hell...i'm thinking no matter what no one was coming to games this year?

and im not saying they are any different but im courious to see what the attendance numbers were last year? when kovy came here and the team was winning

Opening night attendance--> 17,625 (100.0% full)

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dont forget Flyers and Rangers games...of course, those arent our fans but still.

This was pointed out over the summer when some were trying to argue in the press that Kovy was an attendance move. There were multiple Flyers/Pens/Rangers games in there, and retro night, and Kovy's first game.

Here's a snapshot from a low profile weekday game.

Devils vs Columbus--> 3/23/10 Tuesday --> 14,202 (80.6% full)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the problem tilo.when the devils came in most of the area was already established flyer and ranger fans.aside from a crosby or ovechkin I can't see any one player making that big a difference to out attendance.and to be honest I can't say I would want the fanboys that come with them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i was there opening night and there is NOWAY IN HELL IT WAS A SELLOUT not even close..i went to the wing game last weekend and it was more of a sellout then opening night.

if your going by whats listed and acutal? then i got news for you just wait til you see tonights numbers...noway there is more then 13000 there

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening night attendance--> 17,625 (100.0% full)

It really didnt look full from what I remember. Then again I only remember looking near the start of game and not much after so it was probably a late arriving crowd.

That's part of the problem tilo.when the devils came in most of the area was already established flyer and ranger fans.aside from a crosby or ovechkin I can't see any one player making that big a difference to out attendance.and to be honest I can't say I would want the fanboys that come with them.

Oh yea I agree, sadly we do have atleast 1 fanboy here.

if your going by whats listed and acutal? then i got news for you just wait til you see tonights numbers...noway there is more then 13000 there

Well yes, who the hell would show up to watch a underachiving team play the team everyone wants to move out of PHX?

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at attendance numbers and the Canes have a higher average with 2 less games than us thats bad. But not as bad as the fact that we have more than the Thrashers, who are doing good, with 3 more games. Atleast we're still ahead of both percentage wise. It should be noted I used ESPN to find this stuff so its probably all wrong...

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It really didnt look full from what I remember. Then again I only remember looking near the start of game and not much after so it was probably a late arriving crowd.

Oh yea I agree, sadly we do have atleast 1 fanboy here.

Well yes, who the hell would show up to watch a underachiving team play the team everyone wants to move out of PHX?

It's called corporate seats and stubhub everyone. There is a very real difference between fans in seats and paid attendance. Personally, I could care less if 1,000 freebies in the corporate seats don't show up, because they really don't care in the first place.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was there opening night and there is NOWAY IN HELL IT WAS A SELLOUT not even close..i went to the wing game last weekend and it was more of a sellout then opening night.

You're right. Sorry that I didn't realize you have the ability to count 13,000 people with perfect accuracy. Just wanted to point out that you're very subjective with almost everything you post on here.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
epic fail lou!

Just to point out again how wrong you are. Lou clearly said that they were putting Rolston on Waivers to see if anyone would take him, and if not, he's be in the lineup. So I'm not sure where the epic fail comes from, but ok..

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
epic fail coming in that the "greatest" gm in hockey couldnt realize that no one in their right minds would pick rolston up...lou just give me a call i couldve saved you the cost of paperwork on that!

secondly with attendance what i was trying to say.....nhl goes by tickets sold/given away not actual gate...tonight there will be 11,000 there but it will say 14,000...just like on opening night! they were no where near sellout. thank you come again

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
one more thing you dont care if 1,000 fans dont show up? even corperate? well hate to break it to you if they are "real" fans or not their money is as green as ours and lets face if we are only catering to "fans" well then i guess the team isnt going to grow its fanbase eh?

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lou hasn't done an epic fail. We all knew that no one would take Rolston at 5mil off waivers, but his re-entry is where their might be takers. At 2.5mil, I think there is a market for Rolston and Lou is clearly going to be loyal to Rolston by not making him play in the minors.

Dreger talked today that Rolston may even be able to fit in with the leafs, who do have 5mil cap space open....but the big if is if Rolston can stay healthy.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey now, in fairness, their power play has been on fire lately, we're scoring over 50% over the past 4 games if i'm not mistaken.and attendance is up, there's just a lot of people in empty seat costumes. as for scoring by kovalchuk, he's only being outscored by about 35 players... granted those players are ONLY INCLUDING DEFENSEMAN. :L

Yeah, the power play is doing better so I'll give you that.

LOL empty seat costumes. Good one!