• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rogers fears it overbid, using cost-cutting measures

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ahlers and Brian Hayward have gone full homer now that the Ducks are losing in game 2.

when James Knee-l slapped Gibson in the face with his blade (i said pardon???) they wanted him sent to death row ... if he gave it to him right in the neck (or he was wearing a ducks jersey :noidea: ) it would have been ok though

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what gives with the Sportsnet telecasts - they couldn't just send Mike Johnston and Paul Romanuk down the freeway to do the Perds/Ducks game? Instead, I get the same two clowns I always get with an even shittier intermission show? No thanks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what gives with the Sportsnet telecasts - they couldn't just send Mike Johnston and Paul Romanuk down the freeway to do the Perds/Ducks game? Instead, I get the same two clowns I always get with an even shittier intermission show? No thanks.
To be fair, Romanuk isn't much of an improvement.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Romanuk isn't much of an improvement.

It bothers me that Rick Ball wasn't tagged to do some playoff games for Sportsnet. He's one of the best play-by-play guys that Sportsnet has in their stable.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bothers me that Rick Ball wasn't tagged to do some playoff games for Sportsnet. He's one of the best play-by-play guys that Sportsnet has in their stable.
Not a "proven performer" or something. That's how things go, right?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this simulcast BS is just a one round thing. If they're doing this shit when there's only 4 series left it'll be an even bigger joke.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this simulcast BS is just a one round thing. If they're doing this shit when there's only 4 series left it'll be an even bigger joke.

It seems like they have three teams going, right? Hughson/Simpson, Cole/Galley, and Romanuk/Johnson. Looks like they are still missing a team for a series.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to determine if rumors are true that for the rest of the playoffs Coaches Corner will be done by:
Don_Cherry_Puppet.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each game costs about $100,000 to produce and thus far, Hockey Night in Canada has had broadcast crews on hand for four series – Los Angeles vs. San Jose, Detroit vs. Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh vs. the Rangers and Washington vs. Philadelphia.

One of those is incorrect lol.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if cord-cutting is playing a part?

I'll tell you this much, I'm strongly considering it post-Euro. I also have my parents' Rogers password so I can just stream it anyway but not everybody is so fortunate.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if cord-cutting is playing a part?

I'll tell you this much, I'm strongly considering it post-Euro. I also have my parents' Rogers password so I can just stream it anyway but not everybody is so fortunate.

I think cord cutting is definitely a factor along with no Canadian teams in the playoffs. However, I think the Sportsnet production and on-air personalities also play a significant factor in people not tuning in to watch the playoffs. Glenn Healy and PJ Stock are just annoying to listen to, Romanuk belongs back in Europe calling Spengler Cup games, even Jim Hughson's game is off because he does too much colour analyst work during his play-by-play (I mean, do we really need Craig Simpson if Hughson is going to do his job for him?). I think people are also tired of aw shucks Ronnie and senile Don Cherry. I almost forgot to mention John Shannon and Doug MacLean, but my mom always told me if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Add Damien Cox to the nothing nice to say group.

The only guys I would keep at Sportsnet would be Elliotte Friedman, Rick Ball, Kelly Hrudey, and Jeff Marek. Corey Hirsch is good as well. The rest can hit the bricks.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cord cutting is definitely a factor along with no Canadian teams in the playoffs. However, I think the Sportsnet production and on-air personalities also play a significant factor in people not tuning in to watch the playoffs. Glenn Healy and PJ Stock are just annoying to listen to, Romanuk belongs back in Europe calling Spengler Cup games, even Jim Hughson's game is off because he does too much colour analyst work during his play-by-play (I mean, do we really need Craig Simpson if Hughson is going to do his job for him?). I think people are also tired of aw shucks Ronnie and senile Don Cherry. I almost forgot to mention John Shannon and Doug MacLean, but my mom always told me if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Add Damien Cox to the nothing nice to say group.

The only guys I would keep at Sportsnet would be Elliotte Friedman, Rick Ball, Kelly Hrudey, and Jeff Marek. Corey Hirsch is good as well. The rest can hit the bricks.

Canadian viewers have an ironic aversion to Rogers hockey broadcasts

I dont know who led this "market research"

They never gave the fans what they wanted ... Why the fuck do Canucks fans have to be "graced with the presence" of PJ Stock and Billy Jaffe during regular season intermissions ... so mind numbingly dumb and OBTUSE!!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canadian viewers have an ironic aversion to Rogers hockey broadcasts

I dont know who led this "market research"

They never gave the fans what they wanted ... Why the fuck do Canucks fans have to be "graced with the presence" of PJ Stock and Billy Jaffe during regular season intermissions ... so mind numbingly dumb and OBTUSE!!!!
Yeah. "Looking forward to Rogers makeover" doesn't instantly mean "love what Rogers did with the place!". Everything the article lists as Rogers' changes is pretty much everything people dislike about the broadcasts lol.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are in Manitoba and want to watch the Wings - Lightning game, you will need to tune into OLN as Manitoba provincial election coverage takes precedence on CBC.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing screams hockey memory montage than a one republic song. Ugh

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Mike Johnson was breaking the bank too.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing he'll be hired by NBC. Was never a fan but still preferred him over Paul Romanuk who is inexplicably still employed (although they do different jobs).

I wish Rogers would let Rick Ball do national play-by-play in addition to Flames regional games, he's a fine play-by-play guy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jays-Indians game 2 has been scheduled for 4 pm Saturday. Good chance it bleeds into Sportsnet's first HNIC broadcast of the year.