• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rogers fears it overbid, using cost-cutting measures

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBC panel is Mark Messier, Damian Cox, George Stroumboulopoulos, Elliot Friedman and Nick Kypreos. 3 of 5 guys I fucking hate beyond belief, Im basic dislike on George and love Elliot.

in the first 30 seconds Stroumbo says to Elliot about the Sens GM saying that toronto may like Karlsson this year he says "Get over your insecurities already"

click goes my controller. I guess I wont be watching much CBC at all on Saturdays fucking brutal

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBC panel is Mark Messier, Damian Cox, George Stroumboulopoulos, Elliot Friedman and Nick Kypreos. 3 of 5 guys I fucking hate beyond belief, Im basic dislike on George and love Elliot.

in the first 30 seconds Stroumbo says to Elliot about the Sens GM saying that toronto may like Karlsson this year he says "Get over your insecurities already"

click goes my controller. I guess I wont be watching much CBC at all on Saturdays fucking brutal

Friedman deserves so much better. Really wish Rogers had just bought out Mackenzie's TSN contract and found a better writer than fucking Cox to accompany him and Friedman. I don't see their current lineup lasting past this season - eventually they'll realize how fucking stupid Cox and Kypreos especially look to the country.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more After Hours either? That was a great segment.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Rogers should check with this Rodgers and see if they can't get some kind of discount double check?

discount-double-check-raji-o.gif

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman deserves so much better. Really wish Rogers had just bought out Mackenzie's TSN contract and found a better writer than fucking Cox to accompany him and Friedman. I don't see their current lineup lasting past this season - eventually they'll realize how fucking stupid Cox and Kypreos especially look to the country.

Yeah, of CBC, TSN and Rogers I was definitely disappointed that the latter won the rights. Worst team by far. They've made up some ground by poaching from CBC but still need to drop a few losers.

Also, Don Cherry was at his worst last night. Sheesh. Using LA and Chi to show how important it is to have Canadians to win the cup while seemingly forgetting Kopitar, Gaborik, Kane, Hossa, etc... probably had something to do with those cups...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more After Hours either? That was a great segment.

That pissed me off too. Really enjoyed those interviews, they were the perfect length to disarm the players and actually get some good insight unlike your typical radio interview where it's over before the guy can get comfortable.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, of CBC, TSN and Rogers I was definitely disappointed that the latter won the rights. Worst team by far. They've made up some ground by poaching from CBC but still need to drop a few losers.

Also, Don Cherry was at his worst last night. Sheesh. Using LA and Chi to show how important it is to have Canadians to win the cup while seemingly forgetting Kopitar, Gaborik, Kane, Hossa, etc... probably had something to do with those cups...

Of all the things to attack the Leafs for, drafting Nylander is at the very bottom of the list.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty horrible. I turned after 2 minutes

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont know how this can continue with this terrible opening game coverage. I hate it. all of it. analytic s, kypreos, healy, maclean. its total garbage. can we talk more about the 94 rangers in this? is that all you two fucking have. jesus. poor Elliot

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I can't believe I'm going to have to listen to 12 more years of play-by-play by Dave Randorf. Where's Chris Cuthbert when we really need him?

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I can't believe I'm going to have to listen to 12 more years of play-by-play by Dave Randorf. Where's Chris Cuthbert when we really need him?

Wouldn't that be like falling in love with someone's sloppy seconds?

Oops. Wrong Cuthbert, nevermind.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually don't mind him all that much. I mean, small sample size but he hasn't been my most hated part of Rogers' coverage so far.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont know how this can continue with this terrible opening game coverage. I hate it. all of it. analytic s, kypreos, healy, maclean. its total garbage. can we talk more about the 94 rangers in this? is that all you two fucking have. jesus. poor Elliot

Just out of curiosity, and this goes out to anybody who can answer, but hasn't SN had regional rights to the Oilers/Flames/Canucks for years? Who did the pre-games and intermissions on those broadcasts? Were Kypreos and MacLean only on for the regional Leaf broadcasts?

If so, holy shit I am so sorry you had to be introduced to this. I just accepted it years ago that I couldn't watch the broadcast pre-post-between game. The novelty of their stupidity passed me by years ago. It takes some time...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't mind him all that much. I mean, small sample size but he hasn't been my most hated part of Rogers' coverage so far.

This is a fair point, in comparison to guys like Healy, Kypreos, and McLean, Randorf is miles ahead.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, and this goes out to anybody who can answer, but hasn't SN had regional rights to the Oilers/Flames/Canucks for years? Who did the pre-games and intermissions on those broadcasts? Were Kypreos and MacLean only on for the regional Leaf broadcasts?

It was Sportsnet Regional personalities that filled those roles along with John Shannon. We might get Kypreos on a rare occasion. However, i would watch HockeyCentral at noon with Millard, Kypreos, and MacLean and what a gong show.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If so, holy shit I am so sorry you had to be introduced to this. I just accepted it years ago that I couldn't watch the broadcast pre-post-between game. The novelty of their stupidity passed me by years ago. It takes some time...

It was Sportsnet Regional personalities that filled those roles along with John Shannon. We might get Kypreos on a rare occasion. However, i would watch HockeyCentral at noon with Millard, Kypreos, and MacLean and what a gong show.

we also got Shorty/Taylor/Cheech/BMAC/Valk quite a bit as well local guys that have been around a long time, like dash mentioned we got kypreos a few times and in small doses its tolerable. but this.... this .... no just no

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we also got Shorty/Taylor/Cheech/BMAC/Valk quite a bit as well local guys that have been around a long time, like dash mentioned we got kypreos a few times and in small doses its tolerable. but this.... this .... no just no

Welcome to my world.