• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell on various topics

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rachel Nichols:

Roger Goodell, joking about picking Super Bowl sites: "When it goes well, the owners did it. When it goes poorly, I did it."

Goodell on NFL popularity: "The [SB] blackout - just those 34 minutes - was the 2nd-highest rated TV show in history. So that's pretty good"

Roger Goodell on the idea of not giving division winners preference in playoff seeding: "I don't see that happening."

On the other hand, Goodell calls the idea of adding another wildcard team to the playoffs "compelling."

Goodell says if NFL playoffs expanded, each conference would have seven playoff teams. Only top seed would have a bye

Roger Goodell says having an NFL team in London is "possible," and "we're pretty excited about that."

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network was showing a preview of a Goodell interview today, talking about the same topics. Does he really expect us to believe the BS he is spewing? Really, its "compelling"? The reason he gives is pure bullshit. Everyone knows its about MONEY! Every time I hear this guy speak, I want to pull my hair out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
NFL Network was showing a preview of a Goodell interview today, talking about the same topics. Does he really expect us to believe the BS he is spewing? Really, its "compelling"? The reason he gives is pure bullshit. Everyone knows its about MONEY! Every time I hear this guy speak, I want to pull my hair out.

Hold on...

The NFL is trying to make money?

16xs.png

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First three comments were intelligent, the next three were not.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on...

The NFL is trying to make money?

16xs.png

Always!

Not the point I am making, as you know.
My problem is that he doesn't own that this is only about money. Its not about putting a better product on the field. That is fucking infuriating to me.
Who is he trying to convince with this compelling bs? whats the point in even lying about it. NFL is gunna do what it gunna do. we have to deal with it. He doesnt have to add insult to injury by treating us like a bunch of mongs that cant cut our own meat.

But tell me, Sickness. what do you think of Goodell?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making more money isn't compelling?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said an extra team is compelling. Unless you have a link to a longer quote he didn't say what about it was compelling.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But tell me, Sickness. what do you think of Goodell?

I think the NFL is the best-run sport on the planet, and Goodell has done a friggn' outstanding job making sure that has continued despite the NFL being sued into the middle ages by a bunch of assholes who wanted something for nothing. I also think he gets a lot of the heat from fans that should be directed at his 32 bosses.

I don't blame him for the pussification of the sport; I blame the lawyers and their a-hole plaintifs. That's my biggest beef with how the NFL has changed. I'm 100% against expansion & more regular-season games & more playoff games. So far they haven't made any changes like that, and I'm happy they haven't. If they do, I'll have more to say.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's shitty at his job. It is still by far the best professional league on the planet but I can't name a single change under his watch that was positive.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said an extra team is compelling. Unless you have a link to a longer quote he didn't say what about it was compelling.

In further explanation he talked about how exciting week 17 was.

Why are we playing games here?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What games? Calling an extra team compelling means people will watch it. They will.

It waters down the sport and the playoffs but that will have little impact on it getting watched.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL is the best-run sport on the planet, and Goodell has done a friggn' outstanding job making sure that has continued despite the NFL being sued into the middle ages by a bunch of assholes who wanted something for nothing. I also think he gets a lot of the heat from fans that should be directed at his 32 bosses.

I don't blame him for the pussification of the sport; I blame the lawyers and their a-hole plaintifs. That's my biggest beef with how the NFL has changed. I'm 100% against expansion & more regular-season games & more playoff games. So far they haven't made any changes like that, and I'm happy they haven't. If they do, I'll have more to say.
Adding a playoff game is going to happen, I think within the next two years. And the pussification and players safety crap, is part being sued and another part justifying adding games either in the playoffs or to the regular season schedule.

The NFL sells itself, Goodell has had little to do with its growth. Under his watch the NFL has become a parody of itself. I dont think that is Outstanding work.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What games? Calling an extra team compelling means people will watch it. They will.

It waters down the sport and the playoffs but that will have little impact on it getting watched.

Im not going go find the link for somebody that is playing dumb. If you are not playing dumb, then im sure you could easily find it and I would think that somebody that seems so interested in the subject would be interested in putting the "compelling" quote in context.

Here is the context I saw. He was saying the idea of adding another playoff game is compelling. Not that playing another game would compell people to watch it. That is a given. People will be watching the NFL no matter what. Or at least until they completely destroy the on field product it with greed.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ding, ding. Thank you much. Wish I had more to say. Unless I may be a little more specific and say that I think he gets a lot of the heat from fans that should be directed SOME OF THE TIME at his 32 bosses. That's the only slight difference I'd made.