• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roethlisberger Tears Meniscus

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Ya know...even with Landry starting I'd give PIT a little more than a snowballs chance in hell this week if the DEF was playing worth a damn.

My point is they have more issues that just QB.
True. They need Heyward back! Is Shazier and Williams both out this week? If so, who's playing RILB???

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers seeding seems to be in trouble now. Don't have the faintest clue who could get the 2 seed in the AFC now. Could just about be anyone at this point.

More than seeding imo...using 6 week time table, they would play NE, Bye, @BAL, DAL, @CLE, @IND...probably would lose 4 of the 5...so maybe 5-6 with NYG, @BUF, @CIN, BAL, CLE to close it out.

I think they would miss the playoffs.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he recovers soon. Ben makes the Steelers a fun team to watch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. They need Heyward back! Is Shazier and Williams both out this week? If so, who's playing RILB???

Yep...Heyward is probably not going to play until BAL at the earliest...Shazier is a maybe at this point, but I can see them giving him another week and bring him back after the bye also. VW? I have not heard yet, I know he came out of the MIA game and did not return, but I haven't seen him on any injured list.

If he can't go, Matakevich will go.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just killed both of my Fantasy teams. i was 5-1. damn it.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Heyward is probably not going to play until BAL at the earliest...Shazier is a maybe at this point, but I can see them giving him another week and bring him back after the bye also. VW? I have not heard yet, I know he came out of the MIA game and did not return, but I haven't seen him on any injured list.

If he can't go, Matakevich will go.
Yeah, I haven't heard anything about VW either way. You'd think that since he left the game and didn't return there would be some word on his status!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just heard 4-6 weeks

From what I understand the team doctor at half time told him that he could still finish the game without hurting his knee anymore than he already had. Some doctors have come out this week and said that was terrible advice that he should never have listened to as he absolutely could cause more damage and maybe did. That could explain the extended timeline now compared to what most were saying in the beginning.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the team doctor at half time told him that he could still finish the game without hurting his knee anymore than he already had. Some doctors have come out this week and said that was terrible advice that he should never have listened to as he absolutely could cause more damage and maybe did. That could explain the extended timeline now compared to what most were saying in the beginning.

Now they are saying Big Ben might have hurt himself worth by playing against Miami

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said... Very fortunate to have the bye week in week 8. They'll get destroyed by the Pats next week and hopefully get Ben back after the bye for the Ravens.

Looks like Joe may miss this Sunday also, along with Suggs, Doom, Smitty and Yanda....
Hopefully we'll both have everyone back after the bye for the best rivalry in football....
Do you really think Ben can recover from that type of surgery that fast ?
First reports were 4 to 6 weeks.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This douche nozzle is not about to be outdone by Burfict.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Joe may miss this Sunday also, along with Suggs, Doom, Smitty and Yanda....
Hopefully we'll both have everyone back after the bye for the best rivalry in football....
Do you really think Ben can recover from that type of surgery that fast ?
First reports were 4 to 6 weeks.
Media will speculate all they want... But when I hear Ben say that it all comes down to pain tolerance then I know that tough SOB will be back on the field asap. Shit, he came back from the tear and played an entire half on the knee.

Thankfully it was only a meniscus trim, and not a full repair. The only thing that concerned me was they had to do some cleanup from his tear last season. Only further adds to the discomfort.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than seeding imo...using 6 week time table, they would play NE, Bye, @BAL, DAL, @CLE, @IND...probably would lose 4 of the 5...so maybe 5-6 with NYG, @BUF, @CIN, BAL, CLE to close it out.

I think they would miss the playoffs.
I don't know I think they can beat both CLE & IND. BAL is a toss up but I give BAL the advantage because they're home. Rough stretch good luck.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I think they can beat both CLE & IND. BAL is a toss up but I give BAL the advantage because they're home. Rough stretch good luck.

They could beat CLE and IND, but not the way the DEF is playing on the road...if that doesn't get fixed ASAP...Steelers will be one and done even if they do make it....maybe two and done if they win the DIV...I can see them winning a home playoff game vs BUF, OAK or KC.