• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers to meet with the Jets

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... definitely looks like last year was the time to unload Rodgers.

Still think Rodgers is great regular season QB... playoffs could have done a bit more. As a human being I do not care much for him since his falling out with his family (specifically parents)... his parents used to go to many of his games at Lambeau for years and tailgated with many Packers fans, were really nice people from all accounts. Think once he became very famous his ego got the better of him.

I grew up with the inepitude of the Packers of 70s/80s and honestly never thought I would see Packers in a Super Bowl in my life... small market team and no one wanted to go there. Bob Harland came in and started to run the Packers as a business... prior it was like a country club. I do not think Packers return to 70s/80s unless something happens with collective bargaining that really impacts small market teams... but if Packers become very bad again for long period of time I can manage... survived 2 decades of ineptitude and can do it again... all I asked for was 1 Super Bowl in my life growing up and have 2 to look back on now.

Which one was easier, moving on from Favre or Rodgers? Or they both equally the same?

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one was easier, moving on from Favre or Rodgers? Or they both equally the same?

For the organization I think it is a no brainer was easier moving on from Favre.
- Favre created all the conflict issues with retiring and unretiring... was a circus, but I think Packers handled it about as best they could of
- With Rodgers... think Packers have helped create some of the circus along with Rodgers
- Packers are more strapped with dead money thanks to Rodgers recent contract... Favre had a few years left and dead money not as impactful
- Packers at that time already knew what they had in Rodgers and were confident he would succeed... hard to tell how much confidence Packers now have in Love... year ago they give Rodgers big contract, end of 2022 season they talked priority was to have Rodgers back and wait on his decision... now that has changed. That does not sound like huge vote of confidence for what they think they have in Love.

For Packers fans unsure...

For the Packers fans in my family, they are ready to move on from Rodgers... several wanted him gone last year already.

For me personally it is what it is... it is football and there are much more important things to worry about.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the organization I think it is a no brainer was easier moving on from Favre.
- Favre created all the conflict issues with retiring and unretiring... was a circus, but I think Packers handled it about as best they could of
- With Rodgers... think Packers have helped create some of the circus along with Rodgers
- Packers are more strapped with dead money thanks to Rodgers recent contract... Favre had a few years left and dead money not as impactful
- Packers at that time already knew what they had in Rodgers and were confident he would succeed... hard to tell how much confidence Packers now have in Love... year ago they give Rodgers big contract, end of 2022 season they talked priority was to have Rodgers back and wait on his decision... now that has changed. That does not sound like huge vote of confidence for what they think they have in Love.

For Packers fans unsure...

For the Packers fans in my family, they are ready to move on from Rodgers... several wanted him gone last year already.

For me personally it is what it is... it is football and there are much more important things to worry about.

Very well written... Thanks.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....as a casual fan I'll ask again...is this happening or what?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only when he's ready.

maybe he fucks GB and retires. Rodgers is driving this bus.
He'd be fucking himself out of a lot of money though right? And fucking the Jets too...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mostly the packers but yes, Aaron most likely counts every dime.

Jets? it's the jets!
But those are his only options at this point, right? Retire or play for the Jets?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers is still a member of the packers as we sit here today. :noidea:
Sure but if he doesn't get moved are the Packers going to want him to play QB next year?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but if he doesn't get moved are the Packers going to want him to play QB next year?
I think the hold up is the Packers holding out for better trade compensation. There’s also the issue of all the dead money coming the way of the Packers cap. Can Jets take some of that on to reduce what they trade back? Do Packers want more because they have to swallow that nut? Additionally, there is a cap benefit to Packers trading him post June 1. I know you can designate a cut a post June 1 cut and cut someone before. I don’t think you can do that with a trade. Not sure it gets done soon.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....as a casual fan I'll ask again...is this happening or what?
It is but the Packers want a lot in return and the Jets don't want to trade a lot to get him.

The Jets have the leverage since Rodgers wants to go to NY or he could just retire.

Just a matter of time.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Jets should move on and go after Lamar. They have the resources (picks & players) to do that deal I believe.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is but the Packers want a lot in return and the Jets don't want to trade a lot to get him.

The Jets have the leverage since Rodgers wants to go to NY or he could just retire.

Just a matter of time.
  • Why the Packers have all the leverage. The Packers know that the Jets need Rodgers, so they can basically tell New York, "Pay our asking price or we're not going to trade him." Yes, the Packers will eventually trade Rodgers no matter what, but they could milk this thing out past the draft if they wanted. The Packers are in no hurry to trade Rodgers and from a salary cap standpoint, it would actually be beneficial to Green Bay to trade Rodgers AFTER June 1. When the Packers trade Rodgers, they're going to take a $40.3 million dead cap hit, but if the trade comes after June 1, then that hit will be split over two seasons with $15.8 million coming in 2023 and $24.5 million in 2024 (Numbers via OvertheCap). Essentially, this means the Packers have almost all the leverage here. Doing a trade now doesn't benefit them financially, so they'd want to make up for that with draft compensation.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Why the Packers have all the leverage. The Packers know that the Jets need Rodgers, so they can basically tell New York, "Pay our asking price or we're not going to trade him." Yes, the Packers will eventually trade Rodgers no matter what, but they could milk this thing out past the draft if they wanted. The Packers are in no hurry to trade Rodgers and from a salary cap standpoint, it would actually be beneficial to Green Bay to trade Rodgers AFTER June 1. When the Packers trade Rodgers, they're going to take a $40.3 million dead cap hit, but if the trade comes after June 1, then that hit will be split over two seasons with $15.8 million coming in 2023 and $24.5 million in 2024 (Numbers via OvertheCap). Essentially, this means the Packers have almost all the leverage here. Doing a trade now doesn't benefit them financially, so they'd want to make up for that with draft compensation.
We shall see.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Jets should move on and go after Lamar. They have the resources (picks & players) to do that deal I believe.
But Baltimore seems to be only letting Jackson talk to other teams to set a realistic price on the contract so they can match it.