• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rockpocalypse 2: Battle of the message board nerds

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather see the Royals than the Tigs...but it burns having been so close & then mailing it in

Tigers are going again....barring catastrophe.

Too deep in the rotation, too good a lineup.

Only chance teams will have is to hope their bats go cold in October, which will keep the games close late and allow the opportunity to win it against their pen.

But if they hit? They aren't losing.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox are the Pirates of the AL...

Likely playoff team, zero chance of winning the WS

as much as i dont want to.. i have to agree with you.. they do not have the starting pitching to make it last.. bats only last so long..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aroldis Chapman threw the ball better last night than I've ever seen him throw it before.

He was consistently throwing 99-101, and actually throwing his slider over the plate with consistency.

He mixed it in very well too. Out of the 18 or so pitches he threw last night, I would guess that nearly half were breaking balls...unheard of from him.

BrooksBaseball.net: PITCHf/x Tool

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i dont want to.. i have to agree with you.. they do not have the starting pitching to make it last.. bats only last so long..

Yep...and I don't feel that way just because I hate Boston.

I mean, who are they throwing out there in Game 1 against Darvish? Or Griffen? Or Scherzer?

Lester?

They have an excellent lineup, and if that lineup happens to get hot at the right time, maybe it can carry them to the LCS. But a WS win? No way.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a sox fan.. but im also a realist.. and unless buch gets back and pitches lights out .. lest finds his july form .. doobie has pitched well for the most part.. dempster has lived up the the dumpster moniker.. maybe shilling will come back i heard he needs the money after that video game debacle..

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a sox fan.. but im also a realist.. and unless buch gets back and pitches lights out .. lest finds his july form .. doobie has pitched well for the most part.. dempster has lived up the the dumpster moniker.. maybe shilling will come back i heard he needs the money after that video game debacle..

Yeah.

I'm sure Schilling could still get it done...All he needs to do is inject whatever it is Ortiz is currently injecting.

Presto! Fountain of youth!

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...and I don't feel that way just because I hate Boston.

I mean, who are they throwing out there in Game 1 against Darvish? Or Griffen? Or Scherzer?

One of these isn't like the others.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been a metal fan since the late 80's. i never liked the beastie boys. or the royals. or that juicehead george brett.

but you continue to like the cock

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these isn't like the others.

Yeah, but he's a better pitcher than his numbers currently indicate IMO.

I know Colon would likely get the game 1 start anyway, but I'd rather throw Griffin or even Parker against the Sox in a playoff game.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i really don't understand that whole thing.

the state of RI took a company that was pretty much guaranteed to fail. from the politics to the business decissions, this was all a scam. someone got rich from it. where did all the money go???

schilling robbed us $8 million his last year and this is what he did with it? lol

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like chapman. hope he becomes an elite pitcher. so talented.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like chapman. hope he becomes an elite pitcher. so talented.

If he continues to throw it like he threw it last night, he will be an elite pitcher.

Those guys had absolutely no chance against him.

Gotta keep throwing that slider for strikes.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't understand that whole thing.

the state of RI took a company that was pretty much guaranteed to fail. from the politics to the business decissions, this was all a scam. someone got rich from it. where did all the money go???

schilling robbed us $8 million his last year and this is what he did with it? lol

RI hasnt been the same since Cianci got booted out of office to serve the prison sentance..

for the game.. the concept wasnt bad.. it was rushed.. i think they sold shill a load of goods concerning the game and they failed to deliver.. since it was only his money really no one seemed to care.. hit bit like it was a pyrmid scheme and lost his bloddy sock in the process..

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he's a better pitcher than his numbers currently indicate IMO.

I know Colon would likely get the game 1 start anyway, but I'd rather throw Griffin or even Parker against the Sox in a playoff game.

He's Phil Hughes if Phil Hughes was an Oakland A. Circa 2012 Hughes that is.(2013 Hughes sucks balls) Hughes last year had times were he looked brilliant, then other times, crapped the bed.

Both their pitching style leads to A LOT of flyballs. They are a slave to the longball. One gets to pitch Half his games in a canyon..other in a Toy Box.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock, totally agree on Hendrix being overrated. He was ahead of his time but damn, turn the gain to 11 and load up on LSD and that shit just kinda happens. He was a technically poor guitar player.

And Mustaine is a great rhythm player but not sure he's on the all-time list. Better than James but all-time best? Naaaah...

Marty Friedman is 10x better than Hammet too.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chupar medias rojas y AL Oriente es la división más sobrevalorada en el juego

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only word I don't know is sobrevalorada

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues to throw it like he threw it last night, he will be an elite pitcher.

Those guys had absolutely no chance against him.

Gotta keep throwing that slider for strikes.

When he throws that 103mph fastball at the plate and it leaves his hand at the 12 o'clock position, batters don't even see the ball. You seen the YT video where he hit 105.1 on the gun at Petco?