• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robinson

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with it.

Fishers never taken a Olineman in the 1st and now he's going to take an OT at #2 overall that barely passed blocked last year and came out of nowhere to face the NFC West pass rushers? :noidea:

We're not drafting a project beast at #2 overall. We will get a good OT in the first 2 rounds, but I highly doubt it's at #2 overall and a project LT at that.

If we do, someone is really project happy in the FO.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple ways to look at it though. Robinson is hands down the best run blocker in the draft. which means at worse you have an elite Guard if he fails at tackle. but has the potential to be a great tackle. With Matthews and Lewan they can only play tackle so if they fail or are just so so you have bust. so the way i look at it Robinson is actually the safer pick. if Robinson only becomes an all pro guard for years i don't think people will think its a bad pick even at 2. Think Steve Hutchinson

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matthews have experience at other positions tho?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time I hear people talk about Robinson's "potential", I think of Jason Smith.

That is exactly what everyone was saying about him too. He needs work but he has the most potential because he is still raw.

It's the same things we are hearing about Robinson. If he busts as an OT, then you just drafted a G at #2 overall. I would call that a bust pick. I don't care how you want to sugar coat it. You don't take G ( even elite ones ) #2 overall.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time I hear people talk about Robinson's "potential", I think of Jason Smith.
Yup. I realize that they are two different prospects but its fingernails on the chalkboard when I hear 'potential but currently raw' when describing a tackle.

Robinson is actually a lot like Brockers except on the other side of the trenches. Raw, young and dominant in the run game. Brockers has proven that he can get to a QB in the NFL which is good. Brockers also went in the middle of the 1st round.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I realize that they are two different prospects but its fingernails on the chalkboard when I hear 'potential but currently raw' when describing a tackle.

Robinson is actually a lot like Brockers except on the other side of the trenches. Raw, young and dominant in the run game. Brockers has proven that he can get to a QB in the NFL which is good. Brockers also went in the middle of the 1st round.

And that is the difference Clayton.

#14 vs #2.

If we were talking about taking Robinson at #13, I would have no problems whatsoever. But at #2, or #4, or even #6, it's too risky to draft "potential".

At that first pick ( wherever it ends up being ), the need an elite, impact player. Not a project with potential.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the difference Clayton.

#14 vs #2.

If we were talking about taking Robinson at #13, I would have no problems whatsoever. But at #2, or #4, or even #6, it's too risky to draft "potential".

At that first pick ( wherever it ends up being ), the need an elite, impact player. Not a project with potential.

Absolutely. None of these guys are Orlando Pace. None are worth the 2nd pick in the draft. If we had the opportunity to pick Matthews or Robinson at 13th great. I guess there's a possibility if we trade out of the 2nd pick, but even then there is too much talent elsewhere to take an offensive lineman that high, i.e. in the top 10. Again, these guys are good, not great.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, while I firmly believe that we need O line help, if we stay at #2 we are NOT drafting Robinson or Matthews. If we stay at #2, it means they found no dance partners and we need to take the most pro ready player there, and as much as I do not think he is the BEST fit the Rams, the only player the Rams should take at #2 is Sammy Watkins.

I would have no issue with Matthews at #4 or #6. Just not at #2. And as good as Robinson will be, he still needs work and we need someone who will not need coaching up and star right away and Matthews and even Lewan are that. So to me it will either go Watkins and Lewan or Matthews and Dix or Pryor.

And just as a side note, if we end up with no trade and Watkins/Lewan, I look for the Rams to select Ed Reynolds in round 2 as a cover safety unless Pryor somehow falls that far.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Countdown until the 2014 NFL Draft?

~65 Days 7 hrs 25 minutes 45 Seconds~

WantedforHugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen many "expert" mock drafts have us taking Robinson at 2 and I think it's a load of crap. Robinson is just not quick enough or skilled enough to keep up with the NFC West pass rush. I would be extremely disappointed if Fisher and co picked him at 2. I honestly like Lewan more than matthews or robinson. Great length and solid athleticism and even still I wouldn't pick him at 2. Finding a trading partner at 4-8 is going to be essential.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen many "expert" mock drafts have us taking Robinson at 2 and I think it's a load of crap. Robinson is just not quick enough or skilled enough to keep up with the NFC West pass rush. I would be extremely disappointed if Fisher and co picked him at 2. I honestly like Lewan more than matthews or robinson. Great length and solid athleticism and even still I wouldn't pick him at 2. Finding a trading partner at 4-8 is going to be essential.

Not quick enough? Did you see the combine. He ran a 4.9 40 at 330 pounds. I do Agree trading back would be best for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quick enough? Did you see the combine. He ran a 4.9 40 at 330 pounds. I do Agree trading back would be best for sure.

Thats what I'm hoping for. I don't like picking at 2 unless there's a guy there thats going to change the face of your franchise for the next 10 years. And I don't see him in this draft. Maybe if Watkins becomes the next Jerry Rice, but I don't think so.

WantedforHugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most scouts would agree that the shuttle and cone drill are much more indicative of quickness than the 40. Both of which he graded out of the top 5. I would also warn against putting too much value on the combine. Put on his game film and you will see a slow burst and he must learn to slide his feet more consistently or he will draw penalties against NFL speed rushers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most scouts would agree that the shuttle and cone drill are much more indicative of quickness than the 40. Both of which he graded out of the top 5. I would also warn against putting too much value on the combine. Put on his game film and you will see a slow burst and he must learn to slide his feet more consistently or he will draw penalties against NFL speed rushers.

He's just doesn't appear ready for NFL pass blocking. His run blocking is solid, but not being able to pass block takes him out of the discussion for LT for now and probably moves him inside. #2 overall is MUCH too early to take a RT or OG.