• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robert wins a GG

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First White Sox ever to win the award as a rookie. Congrats - many more to follow for this kid.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm surprised, but I suspect he will get even better in the field as the years unfold.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news: "We interrupt hour 246 of election coverage to bring news of an old man wandering the streets of Virginia decrying that MLB's Gold Glove award no longer has relevance. If you see this man, please contact anybody but Tony LaRussa."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while we're handing out awards, here's to three White Sox for being named AL Silver Slugger at their respective positions:

Timmay SS
Pito 1B
Eloy OF

With all these awards or nominations this year, yuda thunk we won the WS!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm surprised, but I suspect he will get even better in the field as the years unfold.

And while we're handing out awards, here's to three White Sox for being named AL Silver Slugger at their respective positions:

Timmay SS
Pito 1B
Eloy OF

With all these awards or nominations this year, yuda thunk we won the WS!
which is why award are worthless.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why award are worthless.
All three had very good years offensively, so I have no idea why you feel the award is worthless. Now if you're implying that winning the award is subjective, fine - no argument there for this or just about any award that's given out in any pro sport. But to equate the SS award as being worthless relative to the offensive season each of these three had makes no sense.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three had very good years offensively, so I have no idea why you feel the award is worthless. Now if you're implying that winning the award is subjective, fine - no argument there for this or just about any award that's given out in any pro sport. But to equate the SS award as being worthless relative to the offensive season each of these three had makes no sense.
i've always felt awards are worthless. and yes, they are subjective. the only worth i really see is it indicates a player is good in those particular areas. 9 ss awards to a team would indicate that's a really good hitting team. but awards are scattered all over the place and generally i don't think they reflect their teams. how many awards were the sox up for and what good did it do them? a few are ok. mvp and cy young are nice to get. but even those don't say anything about your team. would you rather no individual awards and a championship or 5 award winners and playing .500 ball? awards are pretty much nice for the individual player but are meaningless to a fan that wants their team to be best. i know most fans fall in love with their players but when that player is traded, then what? then you fall in love with the new player ... till they're gone! so a gg for roberts is fine, but i don't think he's even the best cf'r on the team! so that award means nothing to me. ss awards are relatively new (1980) and just a made up category, i don't even know how it's defined. just means a good hitter to me. doesn't matter! we know who the good hitters are. always did. truth is it becomes a tool for players to eek out a little more salary!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've always felt awards are worthless. and yes, they are subjective. the only worth i really see is it indicates a player is good in those particular areas. 9 ss awards to a team would indicate that's a really good hitting team. but awards are scattered all over the place and generally i don't think they reflect their teams. how many awards were the sox up for and what good did it do them? a few are ok. mvp and cy young are nice to get. but even those don't say anything about your team. would you rather no individual awards and a championship or 5 award winners and playing .500 ball? awards are pretty much nice for the individual player but are meaningless to a fan that wants their team to be best. i know most fans fall in love with their players but when that player is traded, then what? then you fall in love with the new player ... till they're gone! so a gg for roberts is fine, but i don't think he's even the best cf'r on the team! so that award means nothing to me. ss awards are relatively new (1980) and just a made up category, i don't even know how it's defined. just means a good hitter to me. doesn't matter! we know who the good hitters are. always did. truth is it becomes a tool for players to eek out a little more salary!
Ok, so then you're real gripes are the value of any award and the subjectivity of them. Fair enough, no argument. My only take is since these awards are out there, our 3 Sox were certainly deserved of them.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so then you're real gripes are the value of any award and the subjectivity of them. Fair enough, no argument. My only take is since these awards are out there, our 3 Sox were certainly deserved of them.
then you know what they should do in all fairness? worst hitter awards. let's see, grandal, mazarra, moncada? wouldn't those also be deserved?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you know what they should do in all fairness. worst hitter awards. let's see, grandal, mazarra, moncada?
LOL - you'd need to canvas all the teams before passing out those awards. I trust you don't feel the Sox were the only team to have players who underperformed.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - you'd need to canvas all the teams before passing out those awards. I trust you don't feel the Sox were the only team to have players who underperformed.
well, moncada for sure. only 3b who had a lower avg was ruiz of baltimore but he produced better than moncada. moncada had the fewest rbis of all third basemen! can't find info on catchers or rf's but certainly mazara deserves that ss award (shitty slugger) award.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, moncada for sure. only 3b who had a lower avg was ruiz of baltimore but he produced better that moncada. moncada had the fewest rbis! can't find info on catchers or rf's but certainly mazara deserves that award.
Can't dispute Moncada's numbers, but I'm willing to cut the kid some slack, being he had that nasty case of covid, which seemed to affect his entire season. Mazara was garbage and if you recall on the FA and options thread I started, I stated that the Sox should non-tender him. I was against that trade for him the split second it was announced and opined as such on this board. So yeah, feel free to give him the Golden Shit Award for the worst RF in the AL. And then let's dump his ass.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't dispute Moncada's numbers, but I'm willing to cut the kid some slack, being he had that nasty case of covid, which seemed to affect his entire season. Mazara was garbage and if you recall on the FA and options thread I started, I stated that the Sox should non-tender him. I was against that trade for him the split second it was announced and opined as such on this board. So yeah, feel free to give him the Golden Shit Award for the worst RF in the AL. And then let's dump his ass.
lsd i am well aware you are up-to-date on the sox. my point was about awards.. and the sox have 3 bonafides! yasmani had the lowest catchers avg of qualified players.
and i cut yoan the same break. i only hope his situation is not permanent (and it's possible it is)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lsd i am well aware you are up-to-date on the sox. my point was about awards.. and the sox have 3 bonafides! yasmani had the lowest catchers avg of qualified players.
and i cut yoan the same break. i only hope his situation is not permanent (and it's possible it is)
Grandal did not have a good season at the plate, and definitely not relative to his enormous salary. But I only see one starting catcher (with the requisite # of qualifying ABs) in the AL who had a higher BA than him. So no, he would not get the Golden Shit Award. Not even close.